Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    actually his team does have a banner hanging about trips to the FF . It lists each year the team made it to the dance, 25 at last count............and a regional championship IS something
    Unless apparently you are a UML fan and your team just lost out on one to a program you previously owned.

...he left out the fact that UML won the HE Tourney championship 3 of the last 5 years in arguably the the country's toughest conference. Conference Tournament championships mean something. I dont know how many ND has won, do you?
    Notre Dame also has 3, same as UML, to go along with their 2 regular season titles. We have more NCAA appearances (as a D1 program), more FFs and to date one title game appearance. Mind you, I don't think any of those make ND a better program than UMLs, because it isn't. Both have won some noteworthy games, both have shown the potential to do more, and both have done so after not a lot of success in the previous couple decades. But only a fool would argue that Notre Dame's achievements are meaningless while UMLs are not, or that UML has proven to be the better program. That's all I'm saying.

And while I have had pointed things to say about the UML posters who have their heads up their butts, (which certainly is not all of them, just a few more "vocal") I have also repeatedly praised both the team and the coach. To those UML posters who do understand where both teams are at in the grand scheme of college hockey I say congrats on a great season, on a great Hockey East tournament, to a dominant win in the NCAAs (one of the few this year) and good luck next year. It would not surprise me to see UML raise an NCAA champions banner one day soon.

Comment

• Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      Unless apparently you are a UML fan and your team just lost out on one to a program you previously owned.

Notre Dame also has 3, same as UML, to go along with their 2 regular season titles. We have more NCAA appearances (as a D1 program), more FFs and to date one title game appearance. Mind you, I don't think any of those make ND a better program than UMLs, because it isn't. Both have won some noteworthy games, both have shown the potential to do more, and both have done so after not a lot of success in the previous couple decades. But only a fool would argue that Notre Dame's achievements are meaningless while UMLs are not, or that UML has proven to be the better program. That's all I'm saying.

And while I have had pointed things to say about the UML posters who have their heads up their butts, (which certainly is not all of them, just a few more "vocal") I have also repeatedly praised both the team and the coach. To those UML posters who do understand where both teams are at in the grand scheme of college hockey I say congrats on a great season, on a great Hockey East tournament, to a dominant win in the NCAAs (one of the few this year) and good luck next year. It would not surprise me to see UML raise an NCAA champions banner one day soon.
      You realize you are arguing with BC posters here right? I know you went into hiding the last 4 years and just came back once your team won something of significance, but just realize besides Riverchief you have been arguing with BC guys...
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
        You realize you are arguing with BC posters here right? I know you went into hiding the last 4 years and just came back once your team won something of significance, but just realize besides Riverchief you have been arguing with BC guys...
        Crickets.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

'March Madness' gridlock leads Manchester officials to huddle:
          http://www.unionleader.com/local-gov...uddle-04042017

25 years ago downtown Manch was Shakedown Street. File this under tough problems to have.

Comment

The bandwagon ND hockey fans in Chicago are headed for the exits. Raising that Northeast Regional championship banner will make for a great night though. That OT win over Lowell will never be forgotten, not even after getting stomped into submission.

Comment

P1$$3$ me off even more that UML lost to the Irish. The Riverhawks would, at minimum, have gone down tough last night. The Irish were completely over matched, knew it and turtled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                P1$$3$ me off even more that UML lost to the Irish. The Riverhawks would, at minimum, have gone down tough last night. The Irish were completely over matched, knew it and turtled.
                I didn't watch... I just saw the score line... my only hope is they went down fighting... guess not?
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  I didn't watch... I just saw the score line... my only hope is they went down fighting... guess not?
                  Think HEA semi only worse. I fell asleep watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    I'm biased as hell, but I think Lowell would have given them a much better game. I still think Denver would have won, but it wouldn't have been 6-1, IMHO.

Too much travel for the Irish from Indiana to Chicago!
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      I'm biased as hell, but I think Lowell would have given them a much better game. I still think Denver would have won, but it wouldn't have been 6-1, IMHO.

Too much travel for the Irish from Indiana to Chicago!
                      Agreed. At minimum it would have been compelling enough to stay awake. The announcers said it was ND's first bus trip of the year, all other away games via air plane.

Comment

And if they played again it's highly unlikely it's 6-1 again. Hockey is a funny game especially in a one-game playoff.

But derp away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          And if they played again it's highly unlikely it's 6-1 again. Hockey is a funny game especially in a one-game playoff.

But derp away.
                          You mean a team might beat them say 5-1 in a conf tournament semi one weekend and then lose to them 3-2 in OT the next weekend? You don't say.

Comment

Must we be reminded

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

But derp away.
                              Agreed. It would probably be 10-1.

Comment

Like I said...

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                Agreed. It would probably be 10-1.

Comment

Working...
                                X