Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I guess this makes tonight for laughing at UML.
    Yup, they were the better team and lost. Hot goalies will do that to a better team
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Was thinking the same thing but didn't want to stoop to that level...

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Yup, they were the better team and lost. Hot goalies will do that to a better team
        ND out in an effort I haven't seen this season... that's what I expect of a team that beats us....

BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Originally posted by Patman View Post
          ND out in an effort I haven't seen this season... that's what I expect of a team that beats us....

I think it was even in that regard until Lowell went ahead, ND dominated(maybe not dominated but had an edge) after that. They had sticks in the lanes all game, didn't see any of that in Boston. I don't pay attention to ND but that Bjork dude is pretty good.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
            that Bjork dude is pretty good.
            Bruins pick...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Haha, fair enough. Gotta admit your thread is a riot when it gets going. You'd think you guys were maine.
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                Haha, fair enough. Gotta admit your thread is a riot when it gets going. You'd think you guys were maine.
                people do come hang out there. we welcome all types.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

FakeHockeyEast indeed...

Seriously, I would like to play UML 20 times a year, regardless of the wins or losses. They are the most fundamentally sound college hockey team I have seen in forever. Puck support as good as any team, play highly intelligent through the neutral zone, come at you with a ton of physicality but are as clean a team as there is. Other than Notre Dame, UML is the first team I want to watch play.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    That takes care of Hockey East
                    In my pick'em I had UML advancing to the Frozen Four semi to play Denver. Notre Dame surprised me, thought the Gophers would win yesterday and then we'd lose to Lowell. With all the parity these days getting them right is becoming very difficult (who say Penn State smothering Union 10-3 yesterday)? On the plus side I did have Harvard and UMD getting to the FF, and it looks like Denver is going too.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      In my pick'em I had UML advancing to the Frozen Four semi to play Denver. Notre Dame surprised me, thought the Gophers would win yesterday and then we'd lose to Lowell. With all the parity these days getting them right is becoming very difficult (who say Penn State smothering Union 10-3 yesterday)? On the plus side I did have Harvard and UMD getting to the FF, and it looks like Denver is going too.
                      Yeah, I think Denver has this one too. When Penn State can't even generate shots on goal on a 5 min major when down by 3 the writing's on the wall. Denver's defense is smothering them!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        FakeHockeyEast indeed...

Seriously, I would like to play UML 20 times a year, regardless of the wins or losses. They are the most fundamentally sound college hockey team I have seen in forever. Puck support as good as any team, play highly intelligent through the neutral zone, come at you with a ton of physicality but are as clean a team as there is. Other than Notre Dame, UML is the first team I want to watch play.
                        Congratulations to the Irish on the win today. Good luck in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          Fake Hockey East one more time? Sure, why not.
                          Are you smart enough to see why not now?

I didn't think so. Congrats on the 9 wins against us in 4 years that nobody cares about. Hell, you can even have the other two. We won the one that people will actually remember.

Comment

Well, once denver dismisses ND, we might all forget about this game

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              Are you smart enough to see why not now?

I didn't think so. Congrats on the 9 wins against us in 4 years that nobody cares about. Hell, you can even have the other two. We won the one that people will actually remember.
                              If you don't win the national championship, getting beat to a pulp at the Garden will be remembered on this board as much as yesterday. But sure
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Congrats to the Riverhawks, three regional final participation trophies during our four short years in Hockey East is quite the accomplishment. I hope you look back at time we spent together as conference mates as fondly as I do.
                                Notre Dame Hockey
                                Reigning Big Ten Champions
                                Reigning CCHA Champions
                                Hockey East Lineal Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X