Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

I prefer Manchester to Worcester, Bridgeport and Albany, with Worcester by far being the worst because both the downtown and arena are bad.

I'd love to see a regional in Portland. I hope it happens (and at the expense of Worcester).

Comment

• Re: Northeast Regional - March 25-26: Minnesota, UMass-Lowell, Cornell and Notre Dame

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
      I have never been to their arena, but the city of Portland would be a great location.
      Manchester or Portland? Hmmmm, let me think.......... 7000 seat arena is fine, most attendances in Worcester or Manchester are under that or have been i believe.......
      Last edited by sterlippo1; 03-26-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        Manchester or Portland? Hmmmm, let me think.......... 7000 seat arena is fine, most attendances in Worcester or Manchester are under that or have been i believe.......
        I grew up in the greater Portland area so I would really like to see a regional played there. I have heard a few Orono fans lament the lack of "enthusiasm" in the press herald for black bear hockey and I think a ncaa regional might be good for getting southern maine behind the orono program.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
          I prefer Manchester to Worcester, Bridgeport and Albany, with Worcester by far being the worst because both the downtown and arena are bad.

I'd love to see a regional in Portland. I hope it happens (and at the expense of Worcester).
          Dtwn Worcester worse than Dtwn Manchester? Really? I dont agree with that at all and Worcester has a thriving restaurant scene. Shrewsbury st has lots of good places

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
            I grew up in the greater Portland area so I would really like to see a regional played there. I have heard a few Orono fans lament the lack of "enthusiasm" in the press herald for black bear hockey and I think a ncaa regional might be good for getting southern maine behind the orono program.
            Portland ME is one of the coolest cities in the entire country. Love me some Portland

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
              Approx. 5,000 fans turned out for each of the 3 games in Portland this past season and the team is pretty bad (11'th in hockey east) so I would say that isn't too bad. Black Bears don't give you much to cheer about these days with not alot of hope for the future.

Comment

yeh, I'll have to make it up to the end of the City someday. I was just surprised that the area around the Arena wasn't far better than it was although I did like Murphy's Tavern. "Dump" was probably a bit harsh.
                Last edited by pmcdonald; 03-26-2017, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  Portland ME is one of the coolest cities in the entire country. Love me some Portland
                  I mean other than CCCC being a concrete monstrosity, I agree about Portland.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by pmcdonald View Post
                    yeh, I'll have to make it up to the end of the City someday. I was just surprised that the area around the Arena wasn't far better than it was although I did like Murphy's Tavern. "Dump" was probably a bit harsh.
                    Nope, yesterday was frustrating given Manchester having three big events at the same time, creating logistical problems related to traffic and parking. They need to do a better job in the future planning but given past evidence, they probably won't.
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Not disagreeing on the fustercluck. To be fair, the city cannot dictate when private organizations hold events. To be realistic, this is NH, thank you for visiting and spending your tourist dollar$, now go home!
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                        thank you for visiting and spending your tourist dollar$, now go home!
                        You can't steal that from us! We invented that!

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          You can't steal that from us! We invented that!
                          Lowell or MA?

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                            Lowell or MA?
                            Mass

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              Mass
                              I dunno.... Ever drive north on 3 on a Friday afternoon?

Good luck today, SO rooting for y'all.

Comment

Albany is a lame city but I hope they put the East regional back here next year. I'd still go just for the hockey even if my team weren't playing there. Granted, they already visit RPI and Union once a season but still...

Comment

Working...
                                X