2017 National Championship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 National Championship Thread

Win toniget and I promise I'll never say another bad word about the camo jerseys.
    Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

For a team that's 26-1-3, we sure do have a lot of unforced turnovers in our own zone.
      Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

Originally posted by hue-z View Post
        Yeah, that really sucked. The Aud treated it as one event and should had two tickets (one each game). We had an hour and a half between and I was looking forward to a beer. Lake placid allowed it.

I can't get over the ncaa extreme aversion to beer! ALL signs covered etc. Geez... Face reality ...people like beer and 99.9% of them have no problem at all.
        The no re-entry thing is Trumpian BS (and -look at the numbers- Oneida County completely LOVED him!)...

It amounts to a "security" distinction without a difference. We didn't attend for that very reason. No way in the world we were going to subsist on Aud food for 7 hours. We can easily survive without beer for that span, but chicken fingers and fries..? IDTS. Been to many D-1 Regionals over the years, we were all allowed to come and go at will, and there were no dirty bombs smuggled-in that I can recall.

Looking at the attendance figures, looks like Utica blew it. Would be interested in others' takes on the experience there, though.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-25-2017, 07:44 PM.

Comment

There's a lot more here today than yesterday. More Norwich fans than Trinity. Likely more able to make the drive without work or class on a Saturday.

Back to the action: how was a hit after the whistle into the glass with a stick held across the neck not even called?
          Oswego State '08
          WTOP10 2006 - 2008, Moved it.

Comment

Trinity is shooting themselves in the foot.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Cadets were more than good enough. Cadet Crosby did his job.
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

There should be steaks all around tonight for Charlie and the Cadets. Congrats!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by tonsofpcs View Post
                  There's a lot more here today than yesterday. More Norwich fans than Trinity. Likely more able to make the drive without work or class on a Saturday.

Back to the action: how was a hit after the whistle into the glass with a stick held across the neck not even called?
                  Hmmm...you must have missed the hit from behind after it was clear he was going to lose the icing by the said trinity player/

If anything should have been penalties both ways..happy they didn't give anything.

PS.... National Champions - Norwich Cadets
                  Last edited by 802Hockey; 03-25-2017, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Been to many D-1 Regionals over the years, we were all allowed to come and go at will
                    No longer, the NCAA holds attendees hostage between semi-final games as well.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                      No longer, the NCAA holds attendees hostage between semi-final games as well.
                      They figured out that people could scalp a ticket unless the held everybody hostage. If A plays B in a semi, once it was over, fans from the two team could go and sell their tickets to fans of the other semifinalists and the NCAA wouldn't get their cut.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                        They figured out that people could scalp a ticket unless the held everybody hostage. If A plays B in a semi, once it was over, fans from the two team could go and sell their tickets to fans of the other semifinalists and the NCAA wouldn't get their cut.
                        Well...the Clinton County Fair figured out a way....You can't get back in with the ticket because they take it and stamp your hand ! No stamp...no return !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          Well...the Clinton County Fair figured out a way....You can't get back in with the ticket because they take it and stamp your hand ! No stamp...no return !
                          Do they stamp your seat assignment for the fair onto your hand as well?

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                            Do they stamp your seat assignment for the fair onto your hand as well?
                            No, but if you use the ticket for that seat to get in in the first place and then use the stamp for re-entry, you'd still find that nobody else would have another ticket with your seat assignment. Besides, when attendance is a third of capacity, as it was this weekend, who gives a rat's behind about where you sit (as long as people with disabilities are accommodated)?
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              The no re-entry thing is Trumpian BS (and -look at the numbers- Oneida County completely LOVED him!)...

It amounts to a "security" distinction without a difference. We didn't attend for that very reason. No way in the world we were going to subsist on Aud food for 7 hours. We can easily survive without beer for that span, but chicken fingers and fries..? IDTS. Been to many D-1 Regionals over the years, we were all allowed to come and go at will, and there were no dirty bombs smuggled-in that I can recall.

Looking at the attendance figures, looks like Utica blew it. Would be interested in others' takes on the experience there, though.
                              I think if someone more local was in might have been better (Oswego, Hobart, Hamilton, even Plattsburgh.) I've been to Placid for these things and plenty of good seats available there too. That said, for a "hockey town" the locals sure seem to have an aversion to hockey, which I thought was one of the best FF I have seen personally.. Horton room open for finals and had private trinity party for semis. If you had trinity colors you were in though. Could have been better could have been worse. Fans seemed to like the big screen hamming it up, so that was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                                No, but if you use the ticket for that seat to get in in the first place and then use the stamp for re-entry, you'd still find that nobody else would have another ticket with your seat assignment. Besides, when attendance is a third of capacity, as it was this weekend, who gives a rat's behind about where you sit (as long as people with disabilities are accommodated)?
                                Probably need a ticket for each game to solve this though that would entail clearing the building after the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X