Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 National Championship Thread

Re: 2017 National Championship Thread

Win toniget and I promise I'll never say another bad word about the camo jerseys.

For a team that's 26-1-3, we sure do have a lot of unforced turnovers in our own zone.

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by hue-z View Post
    Yeah, that really sucked. The Aud treated it as one event and should had two tickets (one each game). We had an hour and a half between and I was looking forward to a beer. Lake placid allowed it.

I can't get over the ncaa extreme aversion to beer! ALL signs covered etc. Geez... Face reality ...people like beer and 99.9% of them have no problem at all.
    The no re-entry thing is Trumpian BS (and -look at the numbers- Oneida County completely LOVED him!)...

It amounts to a "security" distinction without a difference. We didn't attend for that very reason. No way in the world we were going to subsist on Aud food for 7 hours. We can easily survive without beer for that span, but chicken fingers and fries..? IDTS. Been to many D-1 Regionals over the years, we were all allowed to come and go at will, and there were no dirty bombs smuggled-in that I can recall.

Looking at the attendance figures, looks like Utica blew it. Would be interested in others' takes on the experience there, though.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-25-2017 at 07:44 PM.

TOPper for life. Oz '08

There's a lot more here today than yesterday. More Norwich fans than Trinity. Likely more able to make the drive without work or class on a Saturday.

Back to the action: how was a hit after the whistle into the glass with a stick held across the neck not even called?

Trinity is shooting themselves in the foot.

The Cadets were more than good enough. Cadet Crosby did his job.

There should be steaks all around tonight for Charlie and the Cadets. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by tonsofpcs View Post
    There's a lot more here today than yesterday. More Norwich fans than Trinity. Likely more able to make the drive without work or class on a Saturday.

Back to the action: how was a hit after the whistle into the glass with a stick held across the neck not even called?
    Hmmm...you must have missed the hit from behind after it was clear he was going to lose the icing by the said trinity player/

If anything should have been penalties both ways..happy they didn't give anything.

PS.... National Champions - Norwich Cadets
    Last edited by 802Hockey; 03-25-2017 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Been to many D-1 Regionals over the years, we were all allowed to come and go at will
    No longer, the NCAA holds attendees hostage between semi-final games as well.

Colorado Cadets Fan

Quote Originally Posted by elbojpb View Post
    No longer, the NCAA holds attendees hostage between semi-final games as well.
    They figured out that people could scalp a ticket unless the held everybody hostage. If A plays B in a semi, once it was over, fans from the two team could go and sell their tickets to fans of the other semifinalists and the NCAA wouldn't get their cut.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    They figured out that people could scalp a ticket unless the held everybody hostage. If A plays B in a semi, once it was over, fans from the two team could go and sell their tickets to fans of the other semifinalists and the NCAA wouldn't get their cut.
    Well...the Clinton County Fair figured out a way....You can't get back in with the ticket because they take it and stamp your hand ! No stamp...no return !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

who the hello?
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Well...the Clinton County Fair figured out a way....You can't get back in with the ticket because they take it and stamp your hand ! No stamp...no return !
    Do they stamp your seat assignment for the fair onto your hand as well?

Nate LePage, Siena '13 CARDS_rule_the_Burgh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    Do they stamp your seat assignment for the fair onto your hand as well?
    No, but if you use the ticket for that seat to get in in the first place and then use the stamp for re-entry, you'd still find that nobody else would have another ticket with your seat assignment. Besides, when attendance is a third of capacity, as it was this weekend, who gives a rat's behind about where you sit (as long as people with disabilities are accommodated)?

The no re-entry thing is Trumpian BS (and -look at the numbers- Oneida County completely LOVED him!)...

It amounts to a "security" distinction without a difference. We didn't attend for that very reason. No way in the world we were going to subsist on Aud food for 7 hours. We can easily survive without beer for that span, but chicken fingers and fries..? IDTS. Been to many D-1 Regionals over the years, we were all allowed to come and go at will, and there were no dirty bombs smuggled-in that I can recall.

Looking at the attendance figures, looks like Utica blew it. Would be interested in others' takes on the experience there, though.
    I think if someone more local was in might have been better (Oswego, Hobart, Hamilton, even Plattsburgh.) I've been to Placid for these things and plenty of good seats available there too. That said, for a "hockey town" the locals sure seem to have an aversion to hockey, which I thought was one of the best FF I have seen personally.. Horton room open for finals and had private trinity party for semis. If you had trinity colors you were in though. Could have been better could have been worse. Fans seemed to like the big screen hamming it up, so that was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    No, but if you use the ticket for that seat to get in in the first place and then use the stamp for re-entry, you'd still find that nobody else would have another ticket with your seat assignment. Besides, when attendance is a third of capacity, as it was this weekend, who gives a rat's behind about where you sit (as long as people with disabilities are accommodated)?
    Probably need a ticket for each game to solve this though that would entail clearing the building after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NU Pastime View Post
    Win toniget and I promise I'll never say another bad word about the camo jerseys.
    Can I say something then.......uh...no. But congrats! They played great no matter the uniform! Very impressed with their quickness. And that little #21....wow. Really good squad.

Quote Originally Posted by hue-z View Post
    Can I say something then.......uh...no. But congrats! They played great no matter the uniform! Very impressed with their quickness. And that little #21....wow. Really good squad.
    Tyler Piacentini. What a kid. What a leader. I've never seen an athlete, in any sport, play harder. Kid laid it on the line, every shift, every night, for four years. He will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Rook NU'66 View Post
    I had a colleague who use to say, "Nose to nose...is where you close." Tyler is that kind of kid. Very much the same kind of gritty kid...and about same size as former NU player Nevin Lawler....never afraid of anyone regardless of size. Lawler once laid out a UMass player twice his size...and the zebras asked him politely to leave the game. But Tyler is more than just tough...he seems to be great leader on the ice as well. But shouldn't the hockey team be a reflection of what the school is suppose to be about? LEADERSHIP!! Yes...Tyler will be missed (and well remembered when he makes it to the NU Sports Hall of Fame). But new leaders will emerge.
    Indeed. Nevin Lawler 2.0

Colorado Cadets Fan

Quote Originally Posted by KRBFLINT03 View Post
    Indeed. Nevin Lawler 2.0
    There's a name of a gritty player!
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

We didn't attend for that very reason. No way in the world we were going to subsist on Aud food for 7 hours.
    Anyone who doesn't attend a Final Four in their own home town, regardless of the reasons, is not a true hockey fan.

Thread Information