[Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Re: 2017-18 Schedules

In their last year in the CCC, Johnson & Wales:

http://providence.jwuathletics.com/s...17-18/schedule
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It appears several NESCAC teams are unable to find enough non-conference teams to complete their schedule

Comment

Originally posted by eddieshack23 View Post
          It appears several NESCAC teams are unable to find enough non-conference teams to complete their schedule
          They should get in touch with Utica, they love to travel and play away games

Comment

Cortland finally decided there is going to be a hockey season this year, and posted their schedule, the last of the SUNYAC schools to do so.

http://www.cortlandreddragons.com/sc...?path=mhockey&
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by eddieshack23 View Post
              NESCACs schedule 24 regular season games

Comment

Originally posted by Mucker44 View Post
                NESCACs schedule 24 regular season games
                That is in fact a conference rule, similar to the one that Ivies in DI have limiting the number of games that they play. The NESCAC rules also specify that the NESCACs don't start playing until the third week in November.

The scheduling rule along with the presence of one particular team in the (then) ECAC East was when eventually led to the dissolution of the interlock between the NESCAC and what is now the NEHC
                Last edited by NUProf; 10-05-2017, 12:45 PM.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  That is in fact a conference rule, similar to the one that Ivies in DI have limiting the number of games that they play. The NESCAC rules also specify that the NESCACs don't start playing until the third week in November.

The scheduling rule along with the presence of one particular team in the (then) ECAC East was when eventually led to the dissolution of the interlock between the NESCAC and what is now the NEHC
                  It's a big pile of rocks.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    They should get in touch with Utica, they love to travel and play away games
                    Endicott and Adrian on the road, at least...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      It's a big pile of rocks.
                      To say the least...

There are people on here who study the D-3 rules as though they're preparing for the LSATs, and seem to revere them, but the bulk of that rule book is completely Byzantine/inane.

Look, folks, nobody with Brain Cell One cares about the putative "purity" of D-3 hockey... In fact D-3 a slag-heap of grown men who couldn't make it to the professional ranks, and are going with Plan B.

So let's disabuse ourselves that it's anything other than that, and enjoy the games. No D-3 player we ever watch is going to even receive a cup of coffee at the NHL level. It's all just for fun down here, and the misplaced morality in this regard (as in the bylaws that keep it "pristine") is/are truly ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        To say the least...

There are people on here who study the D-3 rules as though they're preparing for the LSATs, and seem to revere them, but the bulk of that rule book is completely Byzantine/inane.

Look, folks, nobody with Brain Cell One cares about the putative "purity" of D-3 hockey... In fact D-3 a slag-heap of grown men who couldn't make it to the professional ranks, and are going with Plan B.

So let's disabuse ourselves that it's anything other than that, and enjoy the games. No D-3 player we ever watch is going to even receive a cup of coffee at the NHL level. It's all just for fun down here, and the misplaced morality in this regard (as in the bylaws that keep it "pristine") is/are truly ridiculous.

I've seen a few...but thanks Fish

In all seriousness that's why I love D3. The kids (grown men) just play to love the game for the most part.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          I've seen a few...but thanks Fish

In all seriousness that's why I love D3. The kids (grown men) just play to love the game for the most part.

"A few", as in: Guy Herbert..? (Just asking.)

I have no problem whatsoever with guys getting de-facto scholarships from pricey D-3 schools, even if it's throwing money down a rat-hole for those institutions. That's their business -they have money to burn- but let's call a spade a spade already.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-23-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                            "A few", as in: Guy Herbert..? (Just asking.)

I have no problem whatsoever with guys getting de-facto scholarships from pricey D-3 schools, even if it's throwing money down a rat-hole for those institutions. That's their business -they have money to burn- but let's call a spade a spade already.
                            No
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

D1 is a job.
                              D3 is an avocation
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                                No
                                lol.
                                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                                X