X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 Schedules

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
    lol.
    "Brevity is the soul of wit", or something close to that. That's why I love PSUC so much. She's good!

(And of course I wasn't pointing a finger at public schools, such as PSU, Oswego, etc... They, as well as down-and-dirty private schools such as Utica, will happily recruit to win and to put touchises in the seats, never mind any tip of the hat to the official BS sanctimony of the D-3 brass. I do admire that!)
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-24-2017, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      "A few", as in: Guy Herbert..? (Just asking.)

I have no problem whatsoever with guys getting de-facto scholarships from pricey D-3 schools, even if it's throwing money down a rat-hole for those institutions. That's their business -they have money to burn- but let's call a spade a spade already.
      Guy Hebert, Keith Aucoin (Norwich), Kurtis McLean (Norwich), Eric Selleck (Oswego)... remember, there's D3 Hockey outside of the Utica area
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
        Guy Hebert, Keith Aucoin (Norwich), Kurtis McLean (Norwich), Eric Selleck (Oswego)... remember, there's D3 Hockey outside of the Utica area
        Also Frank Simonetti (Norwich).
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          Thanks Nate.....game...set...match
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            Thanks Nate.....game...set...match
            Golly gosh... Three guys who barely warranted a cup of coffee, aside from the extreme outlier in Hebert.

Keep dreaming!
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 10-25-2017, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              That is in fact a conference rule, similar to the one that Ivies in DI have limiting the number of games that they play. The NESCAC rules also specify that the NESCACs don't start playing until the third week in November.

The scheduling rule along with the presence of one particular team in the (then) ECAC East was when eventually led to the dissolution of the interlock between the NESCAC and what is now the NEHC
              Yes, Harvard is ranked 3rd in D-1, without having played a game... Dumb, to say the least.

If you want to pretend that your hockey team is all about academics, fine... If you want to play hockey, play hockey.

It's totally Trumpian to attempt to have it both ways.

Comment

Yes, Harvard is ranked 3rd in D-1, without having played a game... Dumb, to say the least.

If you want to pretend that your hockey team is all about academics, fine... If you want to play hockey, play hockey.

Just because other people believe different than you does not make them wrong and you right.

The one advantage the NESCAC has starting late are no 1 game weekends. They play straight through with breaks over Christmas and exams.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Golly gosh... Three guys who barely warranted a cup of coffee, aside from the extreme outlier in Hebert.

Keep dreaming!
                  543 games is a little more than a cup of coffee right?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=2840

Comment

Keep dreaming!
                    Aucoin had about 150 NHL games. Frank Simonetti from Norwich had about 110 NHL games in the early 80s

College hockey is College hockey - the primary function of colleges is academics. If they can produce professional athletes as well that's nice. It is one reason why I rebel at the hypocrisy of DI football and basketball. Those sports don't come close to serving academic interests.
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Re: 2017-18 Schedules

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      Aucoin had about 150 NHL games. Frank Simonetti from Norwich had about 110 NHL games in the early 80s

College hockey is College hockey - the primary function of colleges is academics. If they can produce professional athletes as well that's nice. It is one reason why I rebel at the hypocrisy of DI football and basketball. Those sports don't come close to serving academic interests.
                      Only 3.17 seasons in the aggregate between those two guys, but I'll admit that I'm a little surprised at even that number.

I do agree whole-heartedly about the hypocrisy of big-money D-1 sports...That was kinda my point, applied in this case to D-3 hockey.

I'd love to see a level playing field and an objective selection process, as opposed to enforcing so many silly by-laws and arcane conference rules which put certain teams at a competitive disadvantage every single year.

Comment

Working...
                      X