Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    I had heard through the grapevine that UND wanted to do an Alaska trip, and it sounds Ike they are confirmed to come to Anchorage in October. So they may get two extra games as part of the Alaska exemption.
    That wouldn't give them "two extra games", because Alaska wasn't originally on the list. If they were on the original list, they wouldn't have been noted as overloaded. However, my presumption about Princeton seems to be correct.

BTW, is the Kendall no longer a thing, or is this at Alaska Anchorage going to be the traditional Kendall setup?

ETA: Although did I also hear UAA and UA_ will play each other six times? If so, then not having the Kendall and instead straight games would work out for that.
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 04-14-2017, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
      CUP Band? I meant one games is on a Tuesday in Mankato during the first half of the season and the other game in Duluth is in the second half on a Saturday. Or vice versa.
      OK. I thought you were referring to how some groups (such as the Clarkson University Pep band) yell "Halftime!" at the 10:00 mark of the second period. And some even count it down.

Comment

Some info on Colorado College here: http://www.kktv.com/content/sports/C...419451434.html

Looks like Brice may have also gone by the wayside.

Also, I am going to pencil in, given this is how it has worked in the past, that Denver will be playing Air Force and Merrimack on opposite days as CC. Where the Denver/USAFA match will be, I don't know.
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 04-14-2017, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Also some from Duluth: http://bulldoghockeyblog.areavoices....nchc-schedule/

We do now know the dates for the Ledyard. I am going to take a wild guess that UMD would first play Yale, as I would assume Dartmouth and UNH would want to settle the "Governor's Cup" in that first match. Not going to pencil it, though, as I am less confident about that than I am about Merrimack and Air Force playing Denver.

Comment

Minnesota and Mich State will play at MSG: http://www.gopherpucklive.com/forum/...ic.php?t=13014

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Also some from Duluth: http://bulldoghockeyblog.areavoices....nchc-schedule/

We do now know the dates for the Ledyard. I am going to take a wild guess that UMD would first play Yale, as I would assume Dartmouth and UNH would want to settle the "Governor's Cup" in that first match. Not going to pencil it, though, as I am less confident about that than I am about Merrimack and Air Force playing Denver.
              I believe the Ledyard has pre set match ups to avoid the ECAC teams from playing each other. I would imagine UMD will play Yale and Dartmouth.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                I believe the Ledyard has pre set match ups to avoid the ECAC teams from playing each other. I would imagine UMD will play Yale and Dartmouth.
                Didn't we have this same discussion last year when Colgate entered the tournament, and it was then determined that it was the championship format? That's not to say they couldn't change their mind this time around, mind you...

Comment

Didn't we have this same discussion last year when Colgate entered the tournament, and it was then determined that it was the championship format? That's not to say they couldn't change their mind this time around, mind you...
                  My mistake. I thought it was pre determine match ups last year.

Comment

OK. I thought you were referring to how some groups (such as the Clarkson University Pep band) yell "Halftime!" at the 10:00 mark of the second period. And some even count it down.
                    I'd rather have them do the halftime chant every period if it means they are actually going to be at your games and travel, Clarkson has to most loyal pep band in the country and it's not even close. If anyone else travels like they do then I have not seen it, especially RIP with coming up to Potsdam once in a blue moon for a "rivalry" game.

Comment

Clarkson will be @ Western Michigan October 13th/14th

Clarkson will be @ Minnesota October 27th/28th

Comment

Omaha's schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          So because of these avoidance of ECAC match ups it's more of a roundabout tournament and not a true tournament with winners playing for a title?
                          Ahhhh, yeah Michigan Tech's band/student section does the same thing.
                          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                            I'd rather have them do the halftime chant every period if it means they are actually going to be at your games and travel, Clarkson has to most loyal pep band in the country and it's not even close. If anyone else travels like they do then I have not seen it, especially RIP with coming up to Potsdam once in a blue moon for a "rivalry" game.
                            Regardless of how much funding is appropriated to the respective clubs, it's still a stupid cheer.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              That wouldn't give them "two extra games", because Alaska wasn't originally on the list. If they were on the original list, they wouldn't have been noted as overloaded. However, my presumption about Princeton seems to be correct.

BTW, is the Kendall no longer a thing, or is this at Alaska Anchorage going to be the traditional Kendall setup?

ETA: Although did I also hear UAA and UA_ will play each other six times? If so, then not having the Kendall and instead straight games would work out for that.
                              Kendall is gone, I believe, and you're right about the six games. Hadn't heard anything about the Brice staying or going.
                              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                Kendall is gone, I believe, and you're right about the six games. Hadn't heard anything about the Brice staying or going.
                                If Brice stays, when do they do it? Anchorage is booked during the normal weekend. Not to mention, if it is indeed six games, then Anchorage is already full.

Comment

Working...
                                X