Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    The Ivies are the ones who set their games limit 5 less than the NCAA limit and set a starting date later than the NCAA, so that is on them, nobody else. They also chose to use some of their limited non-league games to play each other, no one forced them to, so I see no reason to not count them as true non-league games.

Sean
    One other difference, though, is that it affords them more exhibition play, or "scrimmages" as they call it. The NCAA counts it against the 34 past the normal exemptions, but the Ivies do not count any of them against their 29. That's why you'll commonly see them have 30 (sometimes 31) official games, at least according to the NCAA count.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Not officially released yet but Motzko has said St. Cloud will host BC...have H/H with Kato and MN...Host Alaska and go to Princeton.
      I assume that's hosting UA_, correct?

Comment

Link to this year's spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...k08c3pHev5-Fw/

Obviously with hardly any information in the date area, no one to report as "effectively complete"*.

* Effectively complete meaning the school has released the schedule, or enough alternate information has been reported to determine the schedule is complete, minus exhibition games. Discretion will be used to determine whether WCHA teams will be using their entire allotment.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Link to this year's spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...k08c3pHev5-Fw/

Obviously with hardly any information in the date area, no one to report as "effectively complete"*.

* Effectively complete meaning the school has released the schedule, or enough alternate information has been reported to determine the schedule is complete, minus exhibition games. Discretion will be used to determine whether WCHA teams will be using their entire allotment.
          Good work.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Think you'll get another series in, perhaps at home? You're allowed two more, but it's more than likely one will remain on the table. Who knows what could get negotiated in Naples...
            There's another one planned. Won't be at home. Won't be playing 38.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Colgate should be coming to BU for a game in return for the game at Colgate this season, but it has been stated earlier in this thread that that will not happen next season.
              Colgate played at BU during '14-'15.
              "If you're waiting for hell to freeze over, you're skating on thin ice."

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyquest View Post
                Colgate played at BU during '14-'15.
                Thanks, I should have remembered that. There are many home-and-home agreements that for various reasons are not in consecutive seasons and it makes it harder to keep track of them. There are also four year arraignments between two eastern and one western team where the western team plays single games at 2 eastern teams, one eastern team plays 2 at the western team, the western team plays single games at the 2 eastern teams again and the other eastern team plays two at the western team. It came to me yesterday that Denver will likely be playing singles games next season at both BU and BC to finish such an arrangement. BC played 2 at DU in 14-15, DU played at BC and BU in 15-16 and BU played 2 at DU this season, leaving DU most likely owing both BU and BC single home games next season.

If BU hosts both Denver (1) and Penn State (2) that would leave them with only one more NC game to fill out their schedule.

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I know that Miami is going to BGSU for 2 games.
                  Last year when BG agreed to play 2 in Oxford to help Miami out, instead of the usual home and home, Bergeron said it was done with the agreement that Miami would be coming to BG for two games in 2017-18.

Comment

Thanks, I should have remembered that. There are many home-and-home agreements that for various reasons are not in consecutive seasons and it makes it harder to keep track of them. There are also four year arraignments between two eastern and one western team where the western team plays single games at 2 eastern teams, one eastern team plays 2 at the western team, the western team plays single games at the 2 eastern teams again and the other eastern team plays two at the western team. It came to me yesterday that Denver will likely be playing singles games next season at both BU and BC to finish such an arrangement. BC played 2 at DU in 14-15, DU played at BC and BU in 15-16 and BU played 2 at DU this season, leaving DU most likely owing both BU and BC single home games next season.

If BU hosts both Denver (1) and Penn State (2) that would leave them with only one more NC game to fill out their schedule.

Sean
                    Penn State? Wouldn't it be Michigan that comes to BU for two?
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Penn State? Wouldn't it be Michigan that comes to BU for two?
                      What's wrong with Penn State? As for Michigan, they were at BU for two in 2015-16. Furthermore, BU, UML, Michigan and MSU had two year contracts for single games in 2013-14 at MI/MSU and 14-15 at BU/UML.

Sean
                      Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-28-2017, 11:50 PM.
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

UMD is playing Minnesota and Union is playing Tech in the Icebreaker.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

What's wrong with Penn State? As for Michigan, they were at BU for two in 2015-16. Furthermore, BU, UML, Michigan and MSU had two year contracts for single games in 2013-14 at MI/MSU and 14-15 at BU/UML.

Sean
                          Nothing wrong with Penn State, it's that Michigan owes us (I believe) two at Agganis, or at least that's what I've heard. Seems that may be wrong. So that means Penn State is indeed coming to Agganis for two? That's the first I've heard of that series.
                          Last edited by brassbonanza; 03-29-2017, 02:44 PM.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

With Michigan Tech playing in the Icebreaker and going to Alaska twice, I think it's safe to say they will not be playing all of the allotted number of games. Just a hunch.
                            We're going to fill them all. It's all part of our master plan to show that NCAA teams can play almost as many games as Canadian major junior. This is so that player agents (err, "family advisers") will stop telling their clients they have to play major junior if they want to fully develop their potential because the NCAA doesn't play enough games to do so.

Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Michigan Tech will play at LSSU October 13-14.
                              http://www.lssu.edu/glsw/
                              LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Miami's non-con came out, and there is a possibility that the Red & White Belt could head west... http://www.miamiredhawks.com/sports/...030317aab.html

Comment

Working...
                                X