Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 433

Thread: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

  1. #81
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,978

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Revs89.2 View Post
    Another update from www.icetimehockeysw.com in an interview with Coach Powers. ASU will play a series at Holy Cross. They will open the season at home vs. UMass Amherst (first weekend in Oct.). ASU has 34 D-1 games scheduled and 1 exhibition. Last year we had 30 D-1 games, 2 D-2 and 4 exhibitions. So an improvement again in year 3 (second full D-1 season).

    Go Devils!
    Appreciate the info, and I'm glad to read you're having a full D-I schedule. I guess it's good news for you that there are three conferences with an odd number of teams, as the bye weeks would allow you to have some games in February. I expect Penn State and some of the Hockey East matchups will take place around then.

    Are we sure it's a full series vs. Air Force and Colorado College, and not one of the typical four-team semi-round-robins that they do with Denver?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,161
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It looks like the WCHA alternates the last week's home between "travel rivals". I assume it's safe to fill those in, so I will.
    Also the whole WCHA schedule, as far as opponents and sites, should mirror the 2015-16 schedule. The only difference is with the four single series opponents. The two you played at home in 15-16 will be road trips and the two you traveled to will be home series. The final regular season series should be UAA v Alaska, Bemidji/Minnesota St, UAH/BG, Ferris/LSSU and NMU & MTU in a home & home.

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    69

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Appreciate the info, and I'm glad to read you're having a full D-I schedule. I guess it's good news for you that there are three conferences with an odd number of teams, as the bye weeks would allow you to have some games in February. I expect Penn State and some of the Hockey East matchups will take place around then.

    Are we sure it's a full series vs. Air Force and Colorado College, and not one of the typical four-team semi-round-robins that they do with Denver?
    It is two games at both places, one in October I think and the other later in the season. But I don't know the order. The Air Force series is the return for them coming to ASU last year. And yes, the odd numbers certainly help. In the interview I referenced, the coach mentioned it was easier to schedule games through February this time because there was more time. As with the previous schedules we were just taking what was left over.

  4. #84
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,803

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Also the whole WCHA schedule, as far as opponents and sites, should mirror the 2015-16 schedule. The only difference is with the four single series opponents. The two you played at home in 15-16 will be road trips and the two you traveled to will be home series. The final regular season series should be UAA v Alaska, Bemidji/Minnesota St, UAH/BG, Ferris/LSSU and NMU & MTU in a home & home.
    Here would be Bemidji State's schedule:

    Four games with:
    -Mankato
    -Huntsville
    -Alaska
    -Lake Superior
    -Ferris

    Two games at home with:
    -Anchorage
    -Northern

    Two games on the road with:
    -Bowling Green
    -Michigan Tech

    Non-conference games:
    -Two with Air Force
    -Two at Princeton
    -Home and Home with Duluth
    -Home and Home with North Dakota
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  5. #85
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,978

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    Also the whole WCHA schedule, as far as opponents and sites, should mirror the 2015-16 schedule. The only difference is with the four single series opponents. The two you played at home in 15-16 will be road trips and the two you traveled to will be home series. The final regular season series should be UAA v Alaska, Bemidji/Minnesota St, UAH/BG, Ferris/LSSU and NMU & MTU in a home & home.
    Thanks. I have the gist of opponents in WCHA now, as I already marked this year as "year 1" in the ENTER INFO HERE tab which helps me with that ordering. Still trying to figure out NCHC and AHC, and obviously HEA is doing something completely different now. The dates of games, aside from the final week, was something I could not determine from looking at a previous year, as 14-15 and 16-17 did not look to match up.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  6. #86
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,978

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Revs89.2 View Post
    It is two games at both places, one in October I think and the other later in the season. But I don't know the order. The Air Force series is the return for them coming to ASU last year. And yes, the odd numbers certainly help. In the interview I referenced, the coach mentioned it was easier to schedule games through February this time because there was more time. As with the previous schedules we were just taking what was left over.
    Sounds good. I didn't think you'd be stuck with the Colorado Almost-an-Invitational-but-Not-Really series, but wanted to make sure. They usually have done that with an eastern team. Did the interview have the full schedule, or just the little bits and pieces? I didn't see a link to a specific video, just the main site.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    69

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Sounds good. I didn't think you'd be stuck with the Colorado Almost-an-Invitational-but-Not-Really series, but wanted to make sure. They usually have done that with an eastern team. Did the interview have the full schedule, or just the little bits and pieces? I didn't see a link to a specific video, just the main site.
    If you are on the main page, go over to the left and there is a link for ASUs D1 program (the info is over the past two interviews). This site covers everything from NHL to club. The operator does as nice job as we don't get much coverage in this market.

    But to save you time, in my posts here on this thread, I have given pretty much everything that is on there. There was not more specifics. It sounds like the Las Vegas tourney will be announced soon. The interview said that would be the first week in January.

    I will be attending the banquet next week and will let you know if I hear more. Just happy to have ASU in the discussions! Thanks for your efforts!

  8. #88
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    11,901

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Sounds like SLU will have Michigan and Penn St, UML and Providence at home for single games with Clarkson. SLU also going to Grand Forks for 2 games with their trip to Wisconsin.

    Probably only the NoDak series is new info, but that's a heavyweight schedule.

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Weston
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by bravohankins View Post
    I know that Miami is going to BGSU for 2 games.
    Last year when BG agreed to play 2 in Oxford to help Miami out, instead of the usual home and home, Bergeron said it was done with the agreement that Miami would be coming to BG for two games in 2017-18.
    Bowling Green's non-conference schedule seems to be looking like:
    H/H with Michigan State, Ohio State, and Western Michigan.
    2 Home with Miami.

  10. #90
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    11,901
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Sounds like SLU will have Michigan and Penn St, UML and Providence at home for single games with Clarkson. SLU also going to Grand Forks for 2 games with their trip to Wisconsin.

    Probably only the NoDak series is new info, but that's a heavyweight schedule.
    To go along with this: Expect Canisius to make the return trip for 2, and most likely a home and home with UVM. This should round out SLU's (impressive, IMO) non-conference slate.

    Home: Michigan/PSU (October, likely), UML/Providence, Canisius x2, UVM

    Away: Wisconsin x2, North Dakota x2, UVM

  11. #91
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,978

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Sounds like SLU will have Michigan and Penn St, UML and Providence at home for single games with Clarkson. SLU also going to Grand Forks for 2 games with their trip to Wisconsin.

    Probably only the NoDak series is new info, but that's a heavyweight schedule.
    That will complete North Dakota's opponents.

    Although I'm sure you meant the trips were both away, I don't think they can do it on the same trip unless school isn't in session due to NCAA regulations, and the only place that happens is across the new year.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  12. #92
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,978

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pdt1081 View Post
    Bowling Green's non-conference schedule seems to be looking like:
    H/H with Michigan State, Ohio State, and Western Michigan.
    2 Home with Miami.
    I have Bowling Green as being in the GLI; perhaps that's what you meant by the Michigan State home/home?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Weston
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I have Bowling Green as being in the GLI; perhaps that's what you meant by the Michigan State home/home?
    I forgot about the GLI.

    October 13 is MSU @ BG. October 14 is BG @ MSU.
    November 24 and 25 is Miami at BG.

    The WMU or OSU series may be taking a break for a year.

  14. #94
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    11,901
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    That will complete North Dakota's opponents.

    Although I'm sure you meant the trips were both away, I don't think they can do it on the same trip unless school isn't in session due to NCAA regulations, and the only place that happens is across the new year.
    Rumored dates for a couple series: Oct 6-7 for Michigan/PSU (not sure on order), and PC/UML Oct 20-21.

  15. #95
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Drowning in PA School
    Posts
    1,052

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Rumor on reddit regarding St. Cloud's OOC

    BC will visit the Brooks Center for the first time in October. SCSU will travel to Princeton for the first time. Fairbanks will fly down for a pair. And in-state rivalries still remain with two home-and-home series vs MN and MSUM.
    "Never tell me the odds"

    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  16. #96

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,062

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    From the Mack Report (Merrimack) site.

    Home: vs. Wisconsin (likely in November)

    Road:
    Minnesota-Duluth (2 games in October),
    Denver/Colorado College (2 games in December)
    Colgate (2 games).

  17. #97
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,803

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Here is what I have heard but not seen yet:

    Bemidji with Duluth, home and home, October 13 and 14
    Air Force at Bemidji, October 20 and 21
    Bemidji and North Dakota, home and home, January 12 and 13
    Bemidji at Princeton unknown at this time (Thanksgiving or New Year's?)
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  18. #98
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,978

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    Here is what I have heard but not seen yet:

    Bemidji with Duluth, home and home, October 13 and 14
    Air Force at Bemidji, October 20 and 21
    Bemidji and North Dakota, home and home, January 12 and 13
    Bemidji at Princeton unknown at this time (Thanksgiving or New Year's?)
    Happen to know which team is home first on each of those?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  19. #99

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    2,931
    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Rumor on reddit regarding St. Cloud's OOC

    BC will visit the Brooks Center for the first time in October. SCSU will travel to Princeton for the first time. Fairbanks will fly down for a pair. And in-state rivalries still remain with two home-and-home series vs MN and MSUM.
    Interesting, thanks. Can't ever recall the Nanooks making a trip to SCSU.

    I don't think it's a super well kept secret that we are going to play an extra two games against UAA as a non-conference series (presumably home and home). My guess is that would happen in early October, replacing Anchorage's Kendall Classic tourney, but I don't know for sure.

  20. #100
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,803

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Happen to know which team is home first on each of those?
    Nothing that I have heard. If I had to guess, the Duluth series would be in Bemidji on Friday and in Duluth on Saturday since they were the opposite this year. My gut tells me Bemidji on Friday and Grand Forks on Saturday, but that is just my gut. Maybe Bemidji will get the Saturday game since the Beavers were in Grand Forks for two last year?
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •