Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Shillelagh, perhaps? Obviously you won Mariucci the same year we were there, and did Ledyard last year. I heard the Estero tournament might not be happening in favor of some home games for Cornell.
    The Shillelagh won't be around next season.

Comment

RPI supposedly has 2 @OSU, 2 home vs. Maine (not sure if that's still happening), @RIT/NIA, and Notre Dame (though I don't know if that's going to still happen). On top of this, the Friendship Four.

As for the spreadsheet, I'll get it going when I'm good and ready. But in all seriousness, is Arizona State going into a league?
      The 2 vs Maine isn't going to happen, this year at least. 10 OOC games, all full (2 Princeton, 2 QC, 2 UMD, 2 Miami, UNH, FF). Maine might play RPI at the FF in Belfast.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        The 2 vs Maine isn't going to happen, this year at least. 10 OOC games, all full (2 Princeton, 2 QC, 2 UMD, 2 Miami, UNH, FF). Maine might play RPI at the FF in Belfast.
        Larry's trolling me. The Princeton games are gone from the schedule. Maine will play a pair at RPI on October 13-14. That means no homecoming this season. The UNH game in Portland is also gone (Yay!) and replaced by a game at Brown.

Dates that we know at this time:
        Oct 6-7 UConn (league games)
        Oct 13-14 @RPI
        Oct 20-21 Miami
        Oct 27-28 UMD
        Nov 24 Providence (league game, Friendship Four)
        Nov 25 Clarkson/RPI (Friendship Four)
        Dec 8-9 @Quinnipiac
        Dec 30 @Brown

League dates are still unknown, but Maine will play BU and UNH at home twice/road once and BC and UMass road twice/home once this season (reversed next season).

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/03/2...t-next-season/

Comment

Another update from Arizona State land. In an interview posted online from www.icetimehockeysw.com, head coach Powers announced that UMass Amherst, UMass Lowell, Penn State, Princeton, Quinnipiac (mentioned earlier in a different post) and BU will be coming to AZ. No mention of what games will be at Gila and what games will be at Oceanside. It was not announced how many games will be in each series. Also announced ASU will play in a tourney at Las Vegas' new T-mobile arena.

Go Devils!

Comment

But in all seriousness, is Arizona State going into a league?
            Hockey East has an opening. They'd make as much sense as Notre Dame did.

But seriously, wouldn't ultimately the Big 10 make the most sense for Arizona?
            Last edited by riverchief1; 03-21-2017, 08:29 PM.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
              We've played so many Hockey East games it feels like we are an affiliate member! But if the NCHC door is closed and no reason to think they have reopened it since last year, it would be down to WCHA and Big Ten. Have continually heard the WCHA has extended a lot of interest to ASU. Big Ten wasn't looking to add us, but maybe having played them in a few games last year those talks have opened back up. Sounds like there would be conversations going on during the Frozen Four, which makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post

But seriously, wouldn't ultimately the Big 10 make the most sense for Arizona?
                Wherever ASU goes, it's going to end up being a lot of travel. The Big Roll-a-D20 I see liking the footprint they have now. WCHA already has two trips to Alaska potentially, and Alabama can be construed as long; do they really want to add another long one? The only way I see that happening is if either UAA folds (I haven't heard more on that "merger" between UAA and UA_) or one of the Alaska teams goes to another league (somehow I doubt the BHHC will take them).

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                  As a Gopher fan, I like this idea, but I am thoroughly confused as to which games are when again. Could you fellows spell in out in terms of:
                  These games are being played in 17-18
                  These games in 18-19
                  These games in 19-20
                  These games in 20-21?

Thanks. It sounds like 2 seasons where MN/WI go to the North Country and play a weekend, with sites swapping, so MN@CCT, WI@SLU...MN@SLU, WI@CCT. And, one season where SLU@MN for 2 and CCT @WI for 2, and one season where CCT@MN for 2, and SLU@WI for 2, but I can't get it straight which years are which.

Edit: I think I am getting it:

16-17: MN and WI visit the North Country
                  17-18: CCT @ MN and SLU @ WI
                  18-19: MN and WI again visit the North Country
                  19-20: SLU @ MN and CCT @ WI
                  Is that right?
                  Yep!
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Wherever ASU goes, it's going to end up being a lot of travel. The Big Roll-a-D20 I see liking the footprint they have now. WCHA already has two trips to Alaska potentially, and Alabama can be construed as long; do they really want to add another long one? The only way I see that happening is if either UAA folds (I haven't heard more on that "merger" between UAA and UA_) or one of the Alaska teams goes to another league (somehow I doubt the BHHC will take them).
                    Sounds like we will know more after the meetings in Naples. I'm guessing Big Ten because of the two television networks the conference have and the desire for the Pac 12 Network to show more hockey games. They showed four games last season on the network. Additionally, it would be good for all of the Bog Ten alumni bases here in Phoenix. This creates the gathering opportunity for them each year as their alma mater comes to town. ASU has a large reach over the country and many of our games had a good turnout from the alumni associations in those parts of the country. I was at Denver and bet we had 300 alums from the Denver area at the games. This for a brand new product that our folks are still learning about. The Big Ten schools would be a win-win for both them and ASU on so many fronts (scheduling in other sports being a consideration). Just my opinion and not based on any news reporting other than the coaches comments yesterday that they want it to be a place that has a long term future. That certainly sounds like the Big Ten when you look at the landscape. Could still be the WCHA as I know they have expressed a lot of interest, but we will hopefully know soon.

Comment

Ohio State at Wisconsin October 6-7

Comment

I originally posted a reply in the NU thread in response to the following post about Quinnipiac:

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                        Well we're certainly playing them like they're the 12th Hockey East team. Would love to see that actually happen, but they're in a good spot in the ECAC.
                        However, after I saw this thread I though it would be better a to post my thoughts here. Quinnipiac is certainly scheduling Hockey East teams like they want to be the 12th member. In the past four seasons they have played 33 of 50 (66%) non-league games vs Hockey East teams (and have gone 17-10-6 in those games) and their announced schedule for next season has them playing 10 of 12 non-league games vs Hockey East teams. That will make it 43 of 62 games (69%), which got me interested in seeing how many Hockey East games the other ECAC teams have scheduled over the same time, and vice versa. I created a spreadsheet that shows how many games each ECAC and Hockey East team has scheduled for the past four seasons, plus known games for next season. In the past four seasons Quinnipiac scheduled 11 more games vs Hockey East teams than any other ECAC team and with 10 scheduled for next season it seems that will increase even more. On the Hockey East side Vermont has scheduled the most games vs ECAC teams, 24, the past four seasons.

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Is there any indication that the ASU tournament in Las Vegas will be the Desert Hockey Classic being moved there? I know it hadn't done well at Gila and this past year was apparently a disaster in that little arena in the middle of nowhere they had it. Seeing that the DHC was previously a Christmas tournament, that kind of sounds like the same thing. I'd heard BU was going to ASU for that tournament so I'd be pumped if it was in Las Vegas as opposed to Glendale or Prescott Valley.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Is there any indication that the ASU tournament in Las Vegas will be the Desert Hockey Classic being moved there? I know it hadn't done well at Gila and this past year was apparently a disaster in that little arena in the middle of nowhere they had it. Seeing that the DHC was previously a Christmas tournament, that kind of sounds like the same thing. I'd heard BU was going to ASU for that tournament so I'd be pumped if it was in Las Vegas as opposed to Glendale or Prescott Valley.
                            The Desert Hockey Classic is on hiatus for a year. This Vegas tournament is completely separate from the DHC. I have heard rumors of the teams coming in to Vegas, but not confirmed enough to commit to saying on the board. So BU will be playing in the Phoenix Metro area. There will be no determination on location until the NHL releases their schedule and ASU can find dates at Gila. My guess is BU, Penn State and those types will be at Gila.

The Prescott Valley idea was great, but the dates being Dec. 30 and 31 were not ideal at all. PV loves their hockey, but those dates didn't work for anyone. I know ASU would like to get the DHC back, but will be better when we have our on campus arena. While attendance has been a big concern for many about us, I just remind folks that it is a brand new program. In Phoenix, having every sporting event under the sun happening here, club sports get zero attention. So this is truly a ground floor project. But get a building on campus and it will start to jump. But I'm biased of course.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              Per New Haven Register----- Yale hockey non-league games next year: home vs UNH, UMass, ASU (2), vs Sacred Heart in Bridgeport; vs. Duluth and UNH at Dartmouth tourney
                              Interesting!
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

UMD's October Schedule:

Icebreaker (Union, Minnesota-Twin Cities, and Michigan Tech)
                                Bemidji State (Home and Home)
                                Merrimack
                                @Maine
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X