2017-18 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    If Brice stays, when do they do it? Anchorage is booked during the normal weekend. Not to mention, if it is indeed six games, then Anchorage is already full.
    Hadn't seen they were going to CC until now. That answers that question.

Probably just as well, cheaper to bring one team up than two.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

BC has featured opponents on it's season ticket site listed as Quinnipiac, Denver, Wisconsin and Harvard. So those likely will be their only non Conference home games. Someone else has posted that they host BU 12/1 Northeastern 12/30 and Providence 1/12. If so that is a change from going to Holiday tournaments which cost them a spot in the NCAA's this year due to all the players at World Juniors.

Comment

DU-BC game is unofficially 10/28, so DU is probably at BU 10/27.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
          BC has featured opponents on it's season ticket site listed as Quinnipiac, Denver, Wisconsin and Harvard. So those likely will be their only non Conference home games. Someone else has posted that they host BU 12/1 Northeastern 12/30 and Providence 1/12. If so that is a change from going to Holiday tournaments which cost them a spot in the NCAA's this year due to all the players at World Juniors.
          Full list. 12/30 is UConn's Huskies, not NU's. https://***********/adamar108/status/853092299936542720

Comment

Dartmouth Hockey's Ledyard Classic will take place on Dec. 29-30! It will feature the Big Green, Yale, UNH, and fresh off a tough Frozen Four finals lost, UMD. The schedule is as follows:

Dec. 29 Dartmouth vs UNH and Yale vs UMD
            Dec. 30 Dartmouth vs UMD and Yale vs UNH

FYI UMASS Lowell won last year's Ledyard Classic

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              I assume as part of a broken home/home? That would finish out all your opponents.

I suppose it's possible that it could be one game, although that sort of leaves you out to pasture unless you play two exhibitions. Mankato plays four in Alaska (fairly certain they won't play 38, but you never know).
              We didn't use the "Alaska exemption" the last time we had it, and I'd say we almost certainly won't this time, either. Especially given that with our new playoff format, we've shortened the regular season by a week. Rumor is we're getting a trip to BU this year (Until I see something official, I'm skeptical), the UMD split series, and hopefully another Fri-Sat home and home with the Gophers. If that's what it ends up being, you can't say we're ducking people.

Comment

Mark Divver on Providence:

October schedule will be challenge for @FriarsHockey: At Miami (2); BC at home; at St. Lawrence & Clarkson; BU at home
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                  Dartmouth Hockey's Ledyard Classic will take place on Dec. 29-30! It will feature the Big Green, Yale, UNH, and fresh off a tough Frozen Four finals lost, UMD. The schedule is as follows:

So Dartmouth is moving back to the fixed schedule.
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015
                  PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post

So it's definitely going to be set opponents? I know last year they did championship format, even though Colgate participated...

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                      We didn't use the "Alaska exemption" the last time we had it, and I'd say we almost certainly won't this time, either. Especially given that with our new playoff format, we've shortened the regular season by a week. Rumor is we're getting a trip to BU this year (Until I see something official, I'm skeptical), the UMD split series, and hopefully another Fri-Sat home and home with the Gophers. If that's what it ends up being, you can't say we're ducking people.
                      I also have a St. Cloud series for Mankato. It'd put you at 36, which is about what I'd expect. I would not expect 38 games.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        Mark Divver on Providence:

October schedule will be challenge for @FriarsHockey: At Miami (2); BC at home; at St. Lawrence & Clarkson; BU at home
                        I assume "travel partnering" with UML for CCT/SLU... is it going to be in that order for them?

Comment

Link to this year's spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...k08c3pHev5-Fw/

Effectively complete* schedules:

ECAC: Non-travel partner conference schedule mostly released

NCHC: Conference schedule released
                          Colorado College
                          Miami
                          Nebraska Omaha
                          North Dakota

* Effectively complete meaning the school has released the schedule, or enough alternate information has been reported to determine the schedule is complete, minus exhibition games. Discretion will be used to determine whether WCHA teams will be using their entire allotment.

Comment

BU opponents per Coach Quinn at the BU Banquet:

Home vs Union to open season 30 September, Minnesota State (2) and Denver. Road games at Quinnipiac and Arizona State (2), plus vs Cornell at MSG. Extra league games vs Connecticut, Maine, Merrimack and Providence.

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                              Full list. 12/30 is UConn's Huskies, not NU's. https://***********/adamar108/status/853092299936542720
                              Hockey East will have each team play four extra league games 2 home and 2 away, so that makes BC's extra league opponents: Home UConn and UML. Away Maine and one of(NU,MC,UVM,UMA,UNH or PC).
                              Maine and Vermont either play twice at home or on the road series against the others in Hockey East because of travel. So BC's Conference games only need that one to fill it. UML and UConn will host BC taking up the other 2 not listed on the spreadsheet.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                                Hockey East will have each team play four extra league games 2 home and 2 away, so that makes BC's extra league opponents: Home UConn and UML. Away Maine and one of(NU,MC,UVM,UMA,UNH or PC).
                                Is was reported Merrimack will be playing BU, Northeastern, Providence and Massachusetts three times. That drop BC's possible opponent for their last 3rd game to NU, UVM, MA, UNH or PC.

Sean
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X