• Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    What's wrong with Penn State?
    Many, many things.

Comment

Still not finding much new in terms of schedules aside from some club and D-III teams...

Comment

It looks like the WCHA alternates the last week's home between "travel rivals". I assume it's safe to fill those in, so I will.

Comment

Another Minnesota update.

Minnesota has home and home with Minnesota State Mankato. You can get info on schedule here.
          http://www.gopherpucklive.com/future-schedules/
          Last edited by Gophers #1; 04-04-2017, 08:30 PM.
          Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Originally posted by Revs89.2 View Post
            Another update from Arizona State land. In an interview posted online from www.icetimehockeysw.com, head coach Powers announced that UMass Amherst, UMass Lowell, Penn State, Princeton, Quinnipiac (mentioned earlier in a different post) and BU will be coming to AZ. No mention of what games will be at Gila and what games will be at Oceanside. It was not announced how many games will be in each series. Also announced ASU will play in a tourney at Las Vegas' new T-mobile arena.

Go Devils!
            Another update from www.icetimehockeysw.com in an interview with Coach Powers. ASU will play a series at Holy Cross. They will open the season at home vs. UMass Amherst (first weekend in Oct.). ASU has 34 D-1 games scheduled and 1 exhibition. Last year we had 30 D-1 games, 2 D-2 and 4 exhibitions. So an improvement again in year 3 (second full D-1 season).

Go Devils!

Comment

Another update from www.icetimehockeysw.com in an interview with Coach Powers. ASU will play a series at Holy Cross. They will open the season at home vs. UMass Amherst (first weekend in Oct.). ASU has 34 D-1 games scheduled and 1 exhibition. Last year we had 30 D-1 games, 2 D-2 and 4 exhibitions. So an improvement again in year 3 (second full D-1 season).

Go Devils!
              Appreciate the info, and I'm glad to read you're having a full D-I schedule. I guess it's good news for you that there are three conferences with an odd number of teams, as the bye weeks would allow you to have some games in February. I expect Penn State and some of the Hockey East matchups will take place around then.

Are we sure it's a full series vs. Air Force and Colorado College, and not one of the typical four-team semi-round-robins that they do with Denver?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                It looks like the WCHA alternates the last week's home between "travel rivals". I assume it's safe to fill those in, so I will.
                Also the whole WCHA schedule, as far as opponents and sites, should mirror the 2015-16 schedule. The only difference is with the four single series opponents. The two you played at home in 15-16 will be road trips and the two you traveled to will be home series. The final regular season series should be UAA v Alaska, Bemidji/Minnesota St, UAH/BG, Ferris/LSSU and NMU & MTU in a home & home.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Appreciate the info, and I'm glad to read you're having a full D-I schedule. I guess it's good news for you that there are three conferences with an odd number of teams, as the bye weeks would allow you to have some games in February. I expect Penn State and some of the Hockey East matchups will take place around then.

Are we sure it's a full series vs. Air Force and Colorado College, and not one of the typical four-team semi-round-robins that they do with Denver?
                  It is two games at both places, one in October I think and the other later in the season. But I don't know the order. The Air Force series is the return for them coming to ASU last year. And yes, the odd numbers certainly help. In the interview I referenced, the coach mentioned it was easier to schedule games through February this time because there was more time. As with the previous schedules we were just taking what was left over.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    Also the whole WCHA schedule, as far as opponents and sites, should mirror the 2015-16 schedule. The only difference is with the four single series opponents. The two you played at home in 15-16 will be road trips and the two you traveled to will be home series. The final regular season series should be UAA v Alaska, Bemidji/Minnesota St, UAH/BG, Ferris/LSSU and NMU & MTU in a home & home.
                    Here would be Bemidji State's schedule:

Four games with:
                    -Mankato
                    -Huntsville
                    -Alaska
                    -Lake Superior
                    -Ferris

Two games at home with:
                    -Anchorage
                    -Northern

Two games on the road with:
                    -Bowling Green
                    -Michigan Tech

Non-conference games:
                    -Two with Air Force
                    -Two at Princeton
                    -Home and Home with Duluth
                    -Home and Home with North Dakota
                    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Thanks. I have the gist of opponents in WCHA now, as I already marked this year as "year 1" in the ENTER INFO HERE tab which helps me with that ordering. Still trying to figure out NCHC and AHC, and obviously HEA is doing something completely different now. The dates of games, aside from the final week, was something I could not determine from looking at a previous year, as 14-15 and 16-17 did not look to match up.

Comment

It is two games at both places, one in October I think and the other later in the season. But I don't know the order. The Air Force series is the return for them coming to ASU last year. And yes, the odd numbers certainly help. In the interview I referenced, the coach mentioned it was easier to schedule games through February this time because there was more time. As with the previous schedules we were just taking what was left over.
                        Sounds good. I didn't think you'd be stuck with the Colorado Almost-an-Invitational-but-Not-Really series, but wanted to make sure. They usually have done that with an eastern team. Did the interview have the full schedule, or just the little bits and pieces? I didn't see a link to a specific video, just the main site.

Comment

Sounds good. I didn't think you'd be stuck with the Colorado Almost-an-Invitational-but-Not-Really series, but wanted to make sure. They usually have done that with an eastern team. Did the interview have the full schedule, or just the little bits and pieces? I didn't see a link to a specific video, just the main site.
                          If you are on the main page, go over to the left and there is a link for ASUs D1 program (the info is over the past two interviews). This site covers everything from NHL to club. The operator does as nice job as we don't get much coverage in this market.

But to save you time, in my posts here on this thread, I have given pretty much everything that is on there. There was not more specifics. It sounds like the Las Vegas tourney will be announced soon. The interview said that would be the first week in January.

I will be attending the banquet next week and will let you know if I hear more. Just happy to have ASU in the discussions! Thanks for your efforts!

Comment

Sounds like SLU will have Michigan and Penn St, UML and Providence at home for single games with Clarkson. SLU also going to Grand Forks for 2 games with their trip to Wisconsin.

Probably only the NoDak series is new info, but that's a heavyweight schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
                              I know that Miami is going to BGSU for 2 games.
                              Last year when BG agreed to play 2 in Oxford to help Miami out, instead of the usual home and home, Bergeron said it was done with the agreement that Miami would be coming to BG for two games in 2017-18.
                              Bowling Green's non-conference schedule seems to be looking like:
                              H/H with Michigan State, Ohio State, and Western Michigan.
                              2 Home with Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                Sounds like SLU will have Michigan and Penn St, UML and Providence at home for single games with Clarkson. SLU also going to Grand Forks for 2 games with their trip to Wisconsin.

Probably only the NoDak series is new info, but that's a heavyweight schedule.
                                To go along with this: Expect Canisius to make the return trip for 2, and most likely a home and home with UVM. This should round out SLU's (impressive, IMO) non-conference slate.

Home: Michigan/PSU (October, likely), UML/Providence, Canisius x2, UVM

Away: Wisconsin x2, North Dakota x2, UVM

Comment

Working...
                                X