2017-18 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

UVM's first opponent in the Catamount Cup is Harvard. Means SLU will play UML first.

Do we know if it's set opponents, or championship format?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      UVM's first opponent in the Catamount Cup is Harvard. Means SLU will play UML first.

Do we know if it's set opponents, or championship format?
      Set opponents.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        Set opponents.
        And I'm just going to take a wild guess that there's no intra-conference matchups.

Comment

And I'm just going to take a wild guess that there's no intra-conference matchups.
          Considering that Lowell's schedule lists both days as "vs Harvard/St. Lawrence", I'd say your guess is correct.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Maine's already booked on that weekend, too; league games v. UCONN. And given they've released home schedule with ticket info and what not, I'd be inclined to believe that.
            My original copy also has UConn at Maine that weekend and I also have a tentative that has Maine at RPI the same time so who knows!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnk View Post
              My original copy also has UConn at Maine that weekend and I also have a tentative that has Maine at RPI the same time so who knows!
              Maine going with the bold "split squad" strategy I guess? (/sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                Maine going with the bold "split squad" strategy I guess? (/sarcasm)
                I thought maybe RPI's new coach is REALLY overconfident and we'd go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                  I just hope the person that told you didn't read my earlier phrase of "we played last year", because the "we" I was referring to was Ohio State.

Also, men/women have done four games in two days at HFH in the past (always fun as a band member, do a little hanging out between the games), so if your hypothesis happens to be the correct one, we probably won't see a Sunday game. Although a part of me is thinking no, based on the fact that that weekend is Homecoming weekend for football if I'm not mistaken. Maybe we'll get our 12th game there instead in order to spread out the events across the weekend (although a Saturday game would help to maximize attendance for both events; you don't have to go far between both).

Comment

Clarkson @ Canisius on 12/2, Canisius @ Clarkson 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                      Clarkson @ Canisius on 12/2, Canisius @ Clarkson 1/2
                      Tuesday game? That's a little odd... And I only say that because SLU is also scheduled to play Canisius, and I'd think there'd be some sort of "broken travel partnering" going on there. I would venture a guess they'd be in Buffalo for 1 December... but what about the other one? After all, SLU's in the Catamount Cup, so I don't think they'd do the 3rd... you sure you didn't mean 5 or 6 January?

Comment

Was it ever discovered how Lake Superior State is able to play 4 exhibition games?
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Was it ever discovered how Lake Superior State is able to play 4 exhibition games?
                          It was not, and is also why I have noted them as two games long. It's possible that each is just one of those two nights.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Tuesday game? That's a little odd... And I only say that because SLU is also scheduled to play Canisius, and I'd think there'd be some sort of "broken travel partnering" going on there. I would venture a guess they'd be in Buffalo for 1 December... but what about the other one? After all, SLU's in the Catamount Cup, so I don't think they'd do the 3rd... you sure you didn't mean 5 or 6 January?
                            SLU should have 2 against Canisius at Appleton, Clarkson looks to have a home and home against Canisius. Given what tech is saying, it could be possible that Canisius is making a week long trip to the NC, and having their 2 against SLU Jan 5/6(?).

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              SLU should have 2 against Canisius at Appleton, Clarkson looks to have a home and home against Canisius. Given what tech is saying, it could be possible that Canisius is making a week long trip to the NC, and having their 2 against SLU Jan 5/6(?).
                              I had CCT as 2 at home originally, so I don't know where the heck this home/home thing came from...

Comment

Gophers EXH with Alberta is on 10/1. UMD EXH with Alberta is on 9/30. So that clear that up.

UMD schedule here.
                                http://umdbulldogs.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey
                                Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Working...
                                X