2017-18 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

A lot of teams seem to be starting a little late this year. Perhaps a by-product of the NCAA adding an extra week it seems? I know in the past, the first day has been October 7th, so I wonder if the earlier date will be a regular occurrence...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      A lot of teams seem to be starting a little late this year. Perhaps a by-product of the NCAA adding an extra week it seems? I know in the past, the first day has been October 7th, so I wonder if the earlier date will be a regular occurrence...
      First games can be the first weekend in October and since October 1 falls on a Sunday this is the earliest possible start hence your Niagara at Colgate game on Saturday September 30. I think that too is a result of not wanting to play the Canadian exhibitions. We may see a trend developing of playing the USNDT instead of a Canadian team for the exempt exhibition game due to all the penalties in those Canadian exhibitions last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
        First games can be the first weekend in October and since October 1 falls on a Sunday this is the earliest possible start hence your Niagara at Colgate game on Saturday September 30. I think that too is a result of not wanting to play the Canadian exhibitions. We may see a trend developing of playing the USNDT instead of a Canadian team for the exempt exhibition game due to all the penalties in those Canadian exhibitions last year.
        You aren't allowed to play exhibition games until that first day though, either; the only exception to that NCAA rule being the Alaska teams (hence why I list the 29th and only have it non-blacked for them), and then they have to take an extra week off somewhere in the middle. Also, the international team (normally Canadian college, sometimes Russian Red Stars) and USA Hockey sanctioned national team (minus Olympic; that has its own exemption) are separate exemptions, so both may be played in a season and not count against the 34, but you're only allowed one of each (so you can't play the U-17 and U-18 in the same year without one counting against you).

With all the penalties (which seemed to carry over with regular play in October), I can understand not wanting to play Canadian colleges. It's too bad playing a D-III or Club exhibition counts against your 34, though; that'd be an interesting tune-up game.

Comment

D2 and club games would dovetail nicely with this push to expand college hockey.

Comment

UVM's sked coming out tomorrow on social media
            https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
              D2 and club games would dovetail nicely with this push to expand college hockey.
              Actually now that I think about it, playing a D-3 team in a first exhibition might not work, because IIRC, don't they start later than D-1, and also end much earlier? And isn't there not really any D-2 teams because there's no sanctioned championship for them? I don't recall when ACHA starts, but that would definitely help with exposure for colleges thinking about moving up to NCAA.

Comment

Actually now that I think about it, playing a D-3 team in a first exhibition might not work, because IIRC, don't they start later than D-1, and also end much earlier? And isn't there not really any D-2 teams because there's no sanctioned championship for them? I don't recall when ACHA starts, but that would definitely help with exposure for colleges thinking about moving up to NCAA.
                There are still seven DII schools. ACHA teams get annihilated every time they play NCAA DI schools. Even ASU beat up on them in their transition year. I'd rather keep playing Canadian schools that can actually compete than beat up on cupcake teams.
                Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Princeton schedule posted

http://www.goprincetontigers.com/sch...x?path=mhockey

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Northeast 10 would fit. St. As, St. Mikes, Franklin Pierce, Assumption, Stonehill, SNHU.

Cannon fodder
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

UCONN only has 2 unknown NC games remaining. I think we can almost guarantee Sacred Heart will be one of those. Princeton also has a remaining NC game. Wonder if Merrimack would have room to do a 34th, especially around October 13th? I know they already released, but it'd be nice to see them up to 34...
                      Looking like UConn's last two games will be AIC and Sacre Heart by process of elimination.

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                        Looking like UConn's last two games will be AIC and Sacre Heart by process of elimination.
                        I thought Bentley had one left, but I guess I missed doing that in the bottom.

Comment

Here's State:

Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
                          Schedule Released. This is copied from msuspartans.com

October
                          Sat. 7 UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO (EXH.) ......... EAST LANSING
                          Fri. 13 Bowling Green..........................Bowling Green, Ohio
                          Sat. 14 BOWLING GREEN.................... EAST LANSING
                          Fri. 20 WESTERN MICHIGAN................ EAST LANSING
                          Sat. 21 Western Michigan ...................Kalamazoo
                          Fri. 27 LAKE SUPERIOR STATE .............EAST LANSING
                          Sat. 28 LAKE SUPERIOR STATE ........... EAST LANSING
                          November
                          Fri. 3 Minnesota * ........................Minneapolis, Minn.
                          Sat. 4 Minnesota * ........................Minneapolis, Minn
                          Fri. 10 WISCONSIN *......................EAST LANSING
                          Sat. 11 WISCONSIN *....................EAST LANSING
                          Fri. 17 FERRIS STATE.....................EAST LANSING
                          Sat. 18 Ferris State ......................Big Rapids
                          Fri. 24 Penn State * ....................University Park, Pa
                          Sat. 25 Penn State * ....................University Park, Pa
                          December
                          Fri. 1 NOTRE DAME *.......................EAST LANSING
                          Sat. 2 NOTRE DAME *......................EAST LANSING
                          Fri. 8 Michigan *..............................Ann Arbor
                          Sat. 9 MICHIGAN * .........................EAST LANSING
                          Sat. 16 U.S. U-18 (EXH.).................Plymouth
                          53rd Annual Great Lakes Invitational
                          TBA Michigan Tech [1] .........................Detroit
                          TBA Michigan/Bowling Green [1] ...........Detroit
                          January
                          Fri. 5 OHIO STATE *.............. EAST LANSING
                          Sat. 6 OHIO STATE *...............EAST LANSING
                          Fri. 12 Wisconsin * ............... Madison, Wis
                          Sat. 13 Wisconsin * ..............Madison, Wis
                          Th. 18 MINNESOTA *.............EAST LANSING
                          Sat. 20 Minnesota * [2]..........New York, N.Y
                          February
                          Fri. 2 Ohio State *............... Columbus, Ohio
                          Sat. 3 Ohio State *...............Columbus, Ohio
                          Fri. 9 MICHIGAN * ...............EAST LANSING
                          Sat. 10 Michigan * [1].......... Detroit
                          Fri. 16 PENN STATE * ...........EAST LANSING
                          Sat. 17 PENN STATE * ..........EAST LANSING
                          Fri. 23 Notre Dame *............Notre Dame, Ind
                          Sat. 24 Notre Dame *...........Notre Dame, In
                          March
                          Fri.-Sun. 2-4 Big Ten Tournament Quarterfinals (Best of three) ............................ TBA
                          Sat. 10 Big Ten Tournament Semifinals........................................ ................. TBA
                          Sat. 17 Big Ten Championship .................................................. ..................... TBA
                          Although it doesn't complete their schedule (still don't know when the GLI is), it DOES complete Western Michigan's schedule.

Comment

MSU has released their schedule.

Toronto 10/7
                            Home WMU 10/20
                            At WMU 10/21
                            Developmental 12/16

The above I believe will complete the spreadsheet for MSU. No GLI times yet, still waiting on the NBA.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

UConn has released theirs on twitter(at the very least)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDb-RB_WsAAB8kU.jpg

Fri Oct 13 @ AIC
                              Sat Oct 14 @ S.H.
                              Last edited by CornwallAce; 06-29-2017, 02:34 PM. Reason: url worked

Comment

Originally posted by CornwallAce View Post
                                UConn has released theirs on twitter(at the very least)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDb-RB_WsAAB8kU.jpg

Fri Oct 13 @ AIC
                                Sat Oct 14 @ S.H.
                                We've got a problem... Quinnipiac's already playing Princeton on 2 January. And they both release around the same time...

Comment

Working...
                                X