Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Results 401 to 420 of 433

Thread: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

  1. #401
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,211

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CornwallAce View Post
    Roberto Morris
    http://rmucolonials.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

    And Holy Cross's home schedule was hiding under our noses
    http://www.goholycross.com/ViewArtic...B_OEM_ID=33100
    RMU lists home on 2/16, @ Mercyhurst on 2/17, Mercyhurst lists the opposite. RMU's info is correct.
    Atlantic Hockey Conference Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHCcomp
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHC Pick'em spreadsheet 2017-2018: http://tinyurl.com/AHCpickem17

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  2. #402
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    106

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Always interesting to see with the unbalanced schedule which Atlantic Hockey team plays which rival four times in a season.

    The Hurst plays Holy Cross, AIC, RMU & RIT four (4) times in the 2017/2018 regular season. Very surprised Army wasn't in the list seeing their great rivalry over the years, however overall this list will make for some enjoyable hockey.

    As mentioned in another thread the slate of additional team opponents should balance out over time, I prefer myself to see a higher team seed more often as the hockey tends to be more intense and enjoyable from a fans perspective. Others may see it the other way and think an easier opponent to try and climb the standings, but nothing like battling tooth and nail for every point as I believe it makes for a better team down the stretch.

  3. #403
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,981

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Link to this year's spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...k08c3pHev5-Fw/

    Effectively incomplete* schedules:

    AHC: All Non-Conference Opponents Known
    AIC **
    Holy Cross **
    Sacred Heart **
    Air Force **
    Canisius **
    Niagara **

    ECAC: All Complete

    HEA: All Complete

    B1G: Conference schedule released
    Michigan ***
    Michigan State ***

    NCHC: All Complete

    WCHA: Conference schedule released
    Bowling Green ***
    LSSU ****
    Michigan Tech ***

    Independent: All Complete

    * Effectively complete meaning the school has released the full schedule, or enough alternate information has been reported to determine the schedule is complete, minus exhibition games. Discretion will be used to determine whether WCHA teams will be using their entire allotment.
    ** Conference Games Only
    *** Non-Conference Games Only, including the dates of the GLI
    **** Announced schedule is long by two games. Something has to give, or special permission has to be granted for two game exhibition series.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  4. #404
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,981

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    Always interesting to see with the unbalanced schedule which Atlantic Hockey team plays which rival four times in a season.

    The Hurst plays Holy Cross, AIC, RMU & RIT four (4) times in the 2017/2018 regular season. Very surprised Army wasn't in the list seeing their great rivalry over the years, however overall this list will make for some enjoyable hockey.

    As mentioned in another thread the slate of additional team opponents should balance out over time, I prefer myself to see a higher team seed more often as the hockey tends to be more intense and enjoyable from a fans perspective. Others may see it the other way and think an easier opponent to try and climb the standings, but nothing like battling tooth and nail for every point as I believe it makes for a better team down the stretch.
    I can't really find much of a rhyme or reason as to how they decide who plays four times... it really almost seems like it's by lot. With 10 opponents and 28 games, three you get twice home, three you get twice away, and four you play four times. However, RIT/RMU have played four times thrice in the last three years. Maybe it's a 3/3/4 distribution, and maybe it's just entirely by lot. More info would be needed, and we can only go back to 14-15, as that's when UCONN left for HEA.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  5. #405
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,211

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I can't really find much of a rhyme or reason as to how they decide who plays four times... it really almost seems like it's by lot. With 10 opponents and 28 games, three you get twice home, three you get twice away, and four you play four times. However, RIT/RMU have played four times thrice in the last three years. Maybe it's a 3/3/4 distribution, and maybe it's just entirely by lot. More info would be needed, and we can only go back to 14-15, as that's when UCONN left for HEA.
    I tried analyzing it without success. I have a spreadsheet with pivot tables I've been playing with to see if I can find any patterns but nope. Here is what I posted in the RIT thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by mar7967 View Post
    I had some more time (actually started this the other day). Starting with 2014-2015 when UConn left for Hockey East and not including 17-18 because I don't have enough information on the other teams yet, we've played Bentley, Niagara and Robert Morris 10 times each - 2 seasons with 4 games, 1 season with 2 games (counting regular season only, of course). We've played Army 6 times (2 per season). We've played the other teams 8 times each.

    Here is a list of the teams we played 4 times each year:
    2014-2015: Holy Cross, Niagara, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart
    2015-2016: AIC, Bentley, Mercyhurst, Niagara
    2016-2017: Air Force, Bentley, Canisius, Robert Morris

    Here are the teams each time has played 10 times (and 6 times) in the regular season, which shows how often they get teams 4 times/year.
    Air Force - Canisius, Niagara, Robert Morris (Mercyhurst 6 times)
    AIC - Army, Canisius, Holy Cross, Niagara (Sacred Heart and Mercyhurst 6 each)
    Army - AIC, Bentley, Canisius, Mercyhurst (Niagara and RIT 6x)
    Bentley - Army, Mercyhurst, RIT, Sacred Heart (Canisius and Niagara 6x)
    Canisius - Air Force, AIC, Army (Bentley 6x)
    Holy Cross - AIC, Niagara, Sacred Heart (Robert Morris)
    Mercyhust - Army, Bentley, Niagara, Sacred Heart (Air Force, AIC)
    Niagara - Air Force, AIC, Holy Cross, Mercyhurst, RIT (Army, Bentley, Sacred Heart)
    RIT - Bentley, Niagara, Robert Morris (Army)
    Robert Morris - Air Force, RIT, Sacred Heart (Holy Cross)
    Sacred Heart - Bentley, Holy Cross, Mercyhurst, Robert Morris (AIC, Niagara)

    It's interesting to me that Niagara is the most "unbalanced", with 5 teams they have played 10 times each, and 3 teams they have only played 6 times. Everyone else is 4x10 and 2x6, or 3x10 and 1x6.
    Atlantic Hockey Conference Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHCcomp
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHC Pick'em spreadsheet 2017-2018: http://tinyurl.com/AHCpickem17

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  6. #406
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,211

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Atlantic Hockey Conference Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHCcomp
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHC Pick'em spreadsheet 2017-2018: http://tinyurl.com/AHCpickem17

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  7. #407
    clarkson 1990
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Owego, NY
    Posts
    701

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mar7967 View Post
    RMU lists home on 2/16, @ Mercyhurst on 2/17, Mercyhurst lists the opposite. RMU's info is correct.
    Mercyhurst schedule now lists the same (@ RMU 2/16, @ Mercyhurst 2/17)
    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
    Clarkson 1990

  8. #408
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    35

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    QU Schedule Posted: looks like a few Home/Away matchups were swapped from what was posted earlier:http://quinnipiacbobcats.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

  9. #409
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,099

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    QU Schedule Posted: looks like a few Home/Away matchups were swapped from what was posted earlier:http://quinnipiacbobcats.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey
    The St. Lawrence/Clarkson games were swapped probably at the request of the Quinnipiac due to road discrepancy early in the 2nd half of the season
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog

  10. #410
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Posts
    2,609

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    The GLI will be played on January 1 & 2 at the new Little Caesars Arena. Official confirmation from the schools or Olympia Entertainment will not happen until after the Red Wings and Pistons schedules are released, but those will be the dates according to officials from two schools participating.

  11. #411
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,981

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    The GLI will be played on January 1 & 2 at the new Little Caesars Arena. Official confirmation from the schools or Olympia Entertainment will not happen until after the Red Wings and Pistons schedules are released, but those will be the dates according to officials from two schools participating.
    Good enough for me; that'll complete four schedules.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  12. #412
    Patron Saint of Defunct Teams
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Troy, NY
    Posts
    960

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread


  13. #413
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,981

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CornwallAce View Post
    And with that, I think we can figure out the rest. Holy Cross and AIC will have 4 games this time around. Air Force and AIC will probably play on 2-3 February (only free weekend I see), but we know the game will be at Air Force because the number of home and away league matches should even out. AIC/CHC look like home/home matchups, I'd guess 5 January for one of them. Unsure about the other.

    Any word about LSSU's exhibition matches?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  14. #414
    Patron Saint of Defunct Teams
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Troy, NY
    Posts
    960

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Holy Cross
    http://www.goholycross.com/SportSele...1&SPSID=917315

    I did notice Sacred Heart took down their schedule.
    (As an AIC fan, I hope AIC is trying to convince S.H. to switch one game to a mid week in February to help our sparse schedule

  15. #415
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,981

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CornwallAce View Post
    Holy Cross
    http://www.goholycross.com/SportSele...1&SPSID=917315

    I did notice Sacred Heart took down their schedule.
    (As an AIC fan, I hope AIC is trying to convince S.H. to switch one game to a mid week in February to help our sparse schedule
    And then they play 5 games across two weekends? I don't really see where else, unfortunately.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  16. #416
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,198

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    The GLI will be played on January 1 & 2 at the new Little Caesars Arena. Official confirmation from the schools or Olympia Entertainment will not happen until after the Red Wings and Pistons schedules are released, but those will be the dates according to officials from two schools participating.
    Jan 1 is a bad day with the bowl games going on i know they dont have much wiggle room but i cant see many fans up there for that. I wanted to come see BG play Michigan but i dont know if i will now.

  17. #417
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    6,631

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by klbaum1077 View Post
    Jan 1 is a bad day with the bowl games going on i know they dont have much wiggle room but i cant see many fans up there for that. I wanted to come see BG play Michigan but i dont know if i will now.
    Possibly the worst dates they could come up with outside of playing on Christmas Day. If that's how it's going to be in the future that's unfortunate. Hopefully it's just a one year issue due to the late Pistons move.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7


    Go State! Beat Penn State
    7-5-0 (1-3-0-0, t-6th B1G)


    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  18. #418
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,981

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Possibly the worst dates they could come up with outside of playing on Christmas Day. If that's how it's going to be in the future that's unfortunate. Hopefully it's just a one year issue due to the late Pistons move.
    If you consider World Juniors, it's not all that bad. And let's face it: Most of the US viewers of WJC also follow college hockey.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  19. #419
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    41,981

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    LSSU has dropped the Friday USA game. Still need to drop one vs. Laurentian.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  20. #420
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    72

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Last edited by CCTiger; 07-26-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •