Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 433

Thread: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

  1. #1
    Melvin K. Pearson
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    881

    Unhappy 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Sitting on my behind for the 4th time in the last 5 years. Getting really tired of it.

    Let's start this annual thread.
    WELCOME BACK HOME, COACH PEARSON!!
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners
    75 All-Americans


    Wolverine Devotee of MGoBlog
    @UMichWD on Twitter

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,166

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quinnipiac non conference schedule released.

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...onference.html
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  3. #3
    Melvin K. Pearson
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    881

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    2017 Great Lakes Invitational at Little Caesars Arena

    Michigan vs Bowling Green
    Michigan Tech vs MSU
    WELCOME BACK HOME, COACH PEARSON!!
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners
    75 All-Americans


    Wolverine Devotee of MGoBlog
    @UMichWD on Twitter

  4. #4
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    187,307

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    FlagDude won't have time to work on this until the POTY contest is finished.

    The ECAC non-travel-partner schedule (except for the RPI-Harvard game which will be moved so HU can rest for the Beanpot) is posted as an attachment to the first post on this thread http://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,205564.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Based on the Quinnipiac info posted below Maine's OOC schedule is done. A few dates need to be set...

    13-14 Miami (Homecoming)
    20-21 @ QC
    27-28 UMD

    November 24-25 Friendship Four

    December 30? UNH @Portland
    December/January? Princeton (location TBA)

  6. #6
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42,472

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    RPI supposedly has 2 @OSU, 2 home vs. Maine (not sure if that's still happening), @RIT/NIA, and Notre Dame (though I don't know if that's going to still happen). On top of this, the Friendship Four.

    As for the spreadsheet, I'll get it going when I'm good and ready. But in all seriousness, is Arizona State going into a league?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  7. #7
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    6,123

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    RPI supposedly has 2 @OSU, 2 home vs. Maine (not sure if that's still happening), @RIT/NIA, and Notre Dame (though I don't know if that's going to still happen). On top of this, the Friendship Four.

    As for the spreadsheet, I'll get it going when I'm good and ready. But in all seriousness, is Arizona State going into a league?
    Nope not for at least two more years.
    Tech will be part of the icebreaker at Duluth which I believe opens with Union. They have ASU coming to Houghton for two at some time early in the season.. Also the Aforementioned GLi,.... MSU and someone else.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  8. #8
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,817

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    I have heard Bemidji will be at Princeton for two and have home and homes with Duluth and North Dakota. That leaves two games to fill.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    246

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    UMass-Lowell and Providence will come up to the NC and face Clarkson/SLU

    Clarkson will be @ Minnesota x2 and then SLU will be @ Wisconsin x2

    Friendship 4 in Belfast will be Clarkson vs RPI and then Providence vs Maine

    Clarkson will travel out to Western Michigan for 2

    Clarkson and SLU also are rumored to have another B1G duo visit the NC, I've heard Michigan and Penn State

  10. #10
    Melvin K. Pearson
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    881

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by techtodenver View Post
    UMass-Lowell and Providence will come up to the NC and face Clarkson/SLU

    Clarkson will be @ Minnesota x2 and then SLU will be @ Wisconsin x2

    Friendship 4 in Belfast will be Clarkson vs RPI and then Providence vs Maine

    Clarkson will travel out to Western Michigan for 2

    Clarkson and SLU also are rumored to have another B1G duo visit the NC, I've heard Michigan and Penn State
    Wouldn't be surprised with that rumor on Michigan as Michigan seems to make an East coast single game weekend every year.

    2-for-1s. I wouldn't be surprised to see home series with Vermont.
    WELCOME BACK HOME, COACH PEARSON!!
    ---
    National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
    Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011
    19 Conference Championships
    10 Conference Tournament Championships
    2 Hobey Baker Winners
    75 All-Americans


    Wolverine Devotee of MGoBlog
    @UMichWD on Twitter

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    246

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised with that rumor on Michigan as Michigan seems to make an East coast single game weekend every year.

    2-for-1s. I wouldn't be surprised to see home series with Vermont.
    It will be more of a situation like we have going with Minnesota and Wisconsin, both teams will come up to Potsdam and Canton for one game with Clarkson and one game with SLU, then Clarkson will either go to Michigan x2 next year and SLU will go to Penn State x2, then following year Clarkson will go to Penn State x2 and SLU will go to Michigan x2.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    31,614
    Quote Originally Posted by techtodenver View Post
    It will be more of a situation like we have going with Minnesota and Wisconsin, both teams will come up to Potsdam and Canton for one game with Clarkson and one game with SLU, then Clarkson will either go to Michigan x2 next year and SLU will go to Penn State x2, then following year Clarkson will go to Penn State x2 and SLU will go to Michigan x2.
    Minny and Wisconsin are coming back to the North Country in 18-19 and then CCT & SLU head back West in 19-20 to complete the contract.

    Somewhere Clarkson owes Arizona State a visit, as does Bemidji.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    246

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Minny and Wisconsin are coming back to the North Country in 18-19 and then CCT & SLU head back West in 19-20 to complete the contract.

    Somewhere Clarkson owes Arizona State a visit, as does Bemidji.
    Nate Wells who covers the Gophers has stated that he is under the understanding Clarkson will be going out to Minny next season for 2.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    246

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    From the Wisconsin thread..... A four-year contract with St. Lawrence and Clarkson has the Badgers playing once at each school this season and in 2018-19. St. Lawrence plays a two-game series at the Kohl Center in 2017-18 and Clarkson visits in 2019-20.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    31,614
    Quote Originally Posted by techtodenver View Post
    Nate Wells who covers the Gophers has stated that he is under the understanding Clarkson will be going out to Minny next season for 2.
    Yep. And 2 yrs later (19-20) we go to Wisconsin and SLU to Minnesota. In 18-19 Wisconsin will play @ CCT and Minnesota will play @ SLU on Fri. The two teams flip on Saturday.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    72

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    FWIW, during the postgame chat with us alums at the Denver game, head coach Powers said Arizona State would play 2 at Air Force and 2 at Colorado College next season.

    Heard through the rumor mill conference announcement could be coming soon, but will be for 18-19 at the earliest. No idea where that will be though.

    Go Devils!

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    788

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by techtodenver View Post
    From the Wisconsin thread..... A four-year contract with St. Lawrence and Clarkson has the Badgers playing once at each school this season and in 2018-19. St. Lawrence plays a two-game series at the Kohl Center in 2017-18 and Clarkson visits in 2019-20.
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Yep. And 2 yrs later (19-20) we go to Wisconsin and SLU to Minnesota. In 18-19 Wisconsin will play @ CCT and Minnesota will play @ SLU on Fri. The two teams flip on Saturday.
    As a Gopher fan, I like this idea, but I am thoroughly confused as to which games are when again. Could you fellows spell in out in terms of:
    These games are being played in 17-18
    These games in 18-19
    These games in 19-20
    These games in 20-21?

    Thanks. It sounds like 2 seasons where MN/WI go to the North Country and play a weekend, with sites swapping, so MN@CCT, WI@SLU...MN@SLU, WI@CCT. And, one season where SLU@MN for 2 and CCT @WI for 2, and one season where CCT@MN for 2, and SLU@WI for 2, but I can't get it straight which years are which.

    Edit: I think I am getting it:

    16-17: MN and WI visit the North Country
    17-18: CCT @ MN and SLU @ WI
    18-19: MN and WI again visit the North Country
    19-20: SLU @ MN and CCT @ WI
    Is that right?
    Last edited by Numbers; 03-20-2017 at 11:16 PM.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,111

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Per New Haven Register----- Yale hockey non-league games next year: home vs UNH, UMass, ASU (2), vs Sacred Heart in Bridgeport; vs. Duluth and UNH at Dartmouth tourney
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    246

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    As a Gopher fan, I like this idea, but I am thoroughly confused as to which games are when again. Could you fellows spell in out in terms of:
    These games are being played in 17-18
    These games in 18-19
    These games in 19-20
    These games in 20-21?

    Thanks. It sounds like 2 seasons where MN/WI go to the North Country and play a weekend, with sites swapping, so MN@CCT, WI@SLU...MN@SLU, WI@CCT. And, one season where SLU@MN for 2 and CCT @WI for 2, and one season where CCT@MN for 2, and SLU@WI for 2, but I can't get it straight which years are which.
    2016-2017: MN/WI travelled to Clarkson/SLU
    2017-2018: Clarkson @ MN x2, SLU @ WI x2
    2018-2019: MN/WI come back to Clarkson/SLU
    2019-2020: Clarkson @ WI x2, SLU @ MN x2

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,870

    Re: 2017-18 Schedules Thread

    LSSU Non-Conference opponents:
    Home and Home with NMU
    @Michigan State
    Three Rivers Classic tournament

    Conference opponent setup should be the same as in 2013-14:
    Home and Away: Ferris State, Bowling Green, UAA, Bemidji State, Michigan Tech
    Home Only: Alaska, Minnesota State
    Away Only: NMU, UAH
    LSSU hockey-NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

    Arenas visited:
    Taffy Abel Arena (LSSU, 1992)
    Ewigleben Arena (Ferris State, 1997)
    Munn Ice Arena (Michigan State, 1997)
    Berry Events Center (NMU, 2007)
    Lawson Ice Arena (Western Michigan, 2009)
    John McInnes Ice Arena (Michigan Tech, 2009)
    Yost Ice Arena (Michigan, 2010)
    Joyce Ice Center/Compton Family Ice Arena (Notre Dame, 2010/2014)
    BGSU Ice Arena (BGSU, 2013)
    Kohl Center (Wisconsin, 2013)
    Ralph Engelstad Arena (North Dakota, 2014)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •