Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D3 2017 Offseason Thread: Coaching, Conferences, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    Has to given the weak conference schedule he has to play - 1 conference tourney loss can knock them out of the NCAA otherwise.

Also - I wouldn't expect Conn to be nearly as good next year. Losing some good players. Back to the middle of the NESCAC pack.
    Seems to me Norwich is in the same position other top schools are in: there are 2-3 schools that might challenge them in their conference but you need strong out of conference games to keep you on your toes.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      This will be Adrian's 3rd time out to Kreitzberg. Norwich is always looking for top non-conference opponents to play.
      Is it just those 3 teams gathering at Adrian, or is somebody else going there to fill out the lineup?
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

• Originally posted by obserbear View Post
        I only wish there was funding for more "favors" so we got a better notion of east and west.
        Coach Bolding has put together a formidable non-conference line-up:
        10/27 @ Adrain
        10/28 @ Wisconsin River Falls
        11/8 @ Plattsburgh
        12/6 @ Amherst
        12/10 Conn College
        1/2 @ Trinity
        1/7 Plattsburgh 8th East-West
        1/8 TBD (Adrian or Elmira)
        1/20 @ Elmira
        2/6 Middlebury
        Not too shabby, although daunting in playing away from the friendly confines of Kreitzberg so frequently.
        Anyone else going West with Norwich in 10/27 & 28??
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
          Is it just those 3 teams gathering at Adrian, or is somebody else going there to fill out the lineup?
          Stevenson.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: D3 2017 Offseason Thread: Coaching, Conferences, Etc.

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Stevenson.
            Stevenson 2017-18 schedule here

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
              Good for Stevenson to play some tougher teams. I think Coach Johnson is putting together a solid program.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                Good for Stevenson to play some tougher teams. I think Coach Johnson is putting together a solid program.
                Stevenson takes athletics very seriously...look at their facilities. I bet its only a matter of time until Stevenson puts together work for an on-campus rink now that they have both the men's and women's programs.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                  The William Smith games aren't noted as conference games. They should be AFAIK

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    Stevenson takes athletics very seriously...look at their facilities. I bet its only a matter of time until Stevenson puts together work for an on-campus rink now that they have both the men's and women's programs.
                    My daughter and I toured the school about 18 months ago. She liked the campus a lot as well as Coach Johnson. if memory serves, coach did actually refer to eventually putting a rink on campus. Academics didn't quite line up so my daughter chose a different school but we were very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by dhammond View Post
                      The William Smith games aren't noted as conference games. They should be AFAIK
                      Yews, WS notes them as conference games on their schedule. Stevenson also just puts "at Adrian" for the opening weekend games...

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
                        My daughter and I toured the school about 18 months ago. She liked the campus a lot as well as Coach Johnson. if memory serves, coach did actually refer to eventually putting a rink on campus. Academics didn't quite line up so my daughter chose a different school but we were very impressed.
                        Was very impressed by Coach Johnson during her VERY brief tenure at Amherst. Biggest hurdle for Stevenson is the enormous travel time commitment. Those girls spend LONG hours on the bus 2 out of every 3 weekends - almost always have to leave early Friday for away games, resulting in meaningful missed classes in some cases. Until there is a larger collection of mid-atlantic or at least NJ/PA/NYC teams it will be a tough recruiting job for her.

Comment

Graduated Plattsburgh F and 4 time NCAA Champion Jordan Lipson is the new assistant at Williams

http://ephsports.williams.edu/sports...ipson?view=bio

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                            Was very impressed by Coach Johnson during her VERY brief tenure at Amherst. Biggest hurdle for Stevenson is the enormous travel time commitment. Those girls spend LONG hours on the bus 2 out of every 3 weekends - almost always have to leave early Friday for away games, resulting in meaningful missed classes in some cases. Until there is a larger collection of mid-atlantic or at least NJ/PA/NYC teams it will be a tough recruiting job for her.
                            Honestly that was never even a consideration for my daughter (maybe it should have been!). No doubt it is for some girls.

Comment

Salem State schedule is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                                interesting: 4 of their non-conference opponents are NEHC schools. Clearly setting themselves up for 2018-19.

Comment

Working...
                                X