Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D3 2017 Offseason Thread: Coaching, Conferences, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 2017 Offseason Thread: Coaching, Conferences, Etc.

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

Castleton has a booster club: The Blue line Club that treats the men's and women's teams equally and they do in fact sell season tickets: http://www.castletonsports.com/fanzo...ine_club/index

I was down a few weekends last year to see my daughter play and they have a hardcore group of fans that are at every game. They also have a special section set aside for their season ticket/booster club both in the stands and in the arena where they offer free coffee and cookies for the members. Last year was a tough season but apparently the year before they were getting 600-700 per game.

Comment

Plattsburgh's schedule is out

The annual Castleton game has dropped to an exhibition game. Other exhibition is against the Toronto Junior Aeros. Trinity and Amherst are added as non-conference opponents they didn't play last year. Amherst picked up a game against Elmira, too didn't they? I guess they're the SOS winner in the ECAC West demise...

Uno's, the choice establishment of the team, is sponsoring their home tourney this year.
      Last edited by Scott_TG; 07-12-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

The annual Castleton game has dropped to an exhibition game. Other exhibition is against the Toronto Junior Aeros. Trinity and Amherst are added as non-conference opponents they didn't play last year. Amherst picked up a game against Elmira, too didn't they? I guess they're the SOS winner in the ECAC West demise...

Uno's, the choice establishment of the team, is sponsoring their home tourney this year.

So do exhibition games count for SOS?

Comment

Here are a few more schedules:

UMass: http://www.beaconsathletics.com/spor...17-18/schedule
          USM:http://southernmainehuskies.com/spor...17-18/schedule

Comment

• Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
            So do exhibition games count for SOS?
            No. Neither do any of the stats.
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

In terms of games with a probable positive impact on SOS, Plattsburgh replaced 2 games against Elmira and 1 against Utica with 2 against Oswego and 1 against Amherst. Add in replacing Castleton with Trinity, and I'd say the whole thing was a wash for the Cardinals. Perhaps even positive, since additional games against Buffalo State and Potsdam may be better than games against William Smith and Chatham.

The conference split could have been a whole lot worse for Plattsburgh, IMO. I can't wait to see how it all shakes out!
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I may have missed it in the thread, but what are the rules regarding Exhibition games? Can you play more than 1? I see Augsburg has two scheduled, other teams one, some don't list any... How does it work?

Comment

• Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
                  I may have missed it in the thread, but what are the rules regarding Exhibition games? Can you play more than 1? I see Augsburg has two scheduled, other teams one, some don't list any... How does it work?
                  This year, you are allowed two scrimmages/exhibition games (call them what you want). Nothing about the games (stats, results) count as far as the NCAA is concerned, and you don't have to limit them to Canadian opponents.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Anyone hear anything about Buffalo State or Salem State HC vacancies?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                      Anyone hear anything about Buffalo State or Salem State HC vacancies?
                      I don't think anyone really cares about either place any more than the athletic departments care at either place. Salem is apparently a part time job so it's hard for them to attract a good coach and the only thing I've heard about Buffalo is the last two coaches were not happy with the inequity between the way the women's and men's teams are treated and with the low salary. Looking at their website their AD is an old looking dude who is also the football coach so he's probably all about men's sports first. How many old fart football guys give a crap about women's sports? None that I've ever heard about.
                      Last edited by shelfit; 07-27-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        I don't think anyone really cares about either place any more than the athletic departments care at either place. Salem is apparently a part time job so it's hard for them to attract a good coach and the only thing I've heard about Buffalo is the last two coaches were not happy with the inequity between the way the women's and men's teams are treated and with the low salary. Looking at their website their AD is an old looking dude who is also the football coach so he's probably all about men's sports first. How many old fart football guys give a crap about women's sports? None that I've ever heard about.
                        You don't have to be an old fart FOOTBALL COACH to not give a crap, you could be a old fart former FOOTBALL PLAYER.

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                          You don't have to be an old fart FOOTBALL COACH to not give a crap, you could be a old fart former FOOTBALL PLAYER.
                          Lol. Very true. Or both!

Comment

OK, so 27 games max? I see UW Eau Claire has 28 listed... I'm confused

Comment

• Originally posted by MND3Dad View Post
                              OK, so 27 games max? I see UW Eau Claire has 28 listed... I'm confused
                              25. Allowed two exhibition this season.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                25. Allowed two exhibition this season.
                                Aren't schools allowed an extra 3 games every 3 or 4 years?

Comment

Working...
                                X