Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D3 2017 Offseason Thread: Coaching, Conferences, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good person who should improve that program.

Comment

Re: D3 2017 Offseason Thread: Coaching, Conferences, Etc.

@WHockeyCommits: Muna Fadel (Plattsburg Cardinals) commits to University of Windsor for 2017-2018 @WindsorLancers @PSUWHockey
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        @WHockeyCommits: Muna Fadel (Plattsburg Cardinals) commits to University of Windsor for 2017-2018 @WindsorLancers @PSUWHockey
        Winning national championships must be getting boring after two years, so a new challenge is needed. Just kidding. Going home to play for her local university sounds like a case of money and/or homesickness.

Comment

My alma mater.....good for her. Would have been lonely being the only Canadian in Plattsburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
            My alma mater.....good for her. Would have been lonely being the only Canadian in Plattsburgh.
            my guess is it has to do as much with playing time and cost as being the lonely Canadian. Even as a sophomore she didn't play in all their games.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
              my guess is it has to do as much with playing time and cost as being the lonely Canadian. Even as a sophomore she didn't play in all their games.
              You're probably right. Platty's loss is Windsor's gain.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                You're probably right. Platty's loss is Windsor's gain.
                I'm disappointed to see her go early, I always thought she was a talented forward and was hoping to see her get a chance in the the second or third line next season. Hope Windsor is a great experience for her.

I hope the new recruits are up to par as there are multiple vacancies at every position. If there are no more early departures Plattsburgh is down four forwards, 3 defensemen and their starting goalie.

Comment

I'm hearing this may not be as definite as it is made to seem. I guess we'll find out.
                  Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                  SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                  ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                  NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                  NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                  NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                  NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Salem State posted the Coaching position opening on their site;

Salem State University, an NCAA Division III institution, is accepting applications for the position of Head Women's Ice Hockey Coach. This part-time position reports to the Director of Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by GoalieDad32 View Post

Salem State University, an NCAA Division III institution, is accepting applications for the position of Head Women's Ice Hockey Coach. This part-time position reports to the Director of Athletics.
                      Part-time?! Ya, that's going to attract a ton of great quality candidates! Lol, what a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        Part-time?! Ya, that's going to attract a ton of great quality candidates! Lol, what a joke!
                        Is there any other team with a part-time head coach? Seems ludicrous to try and run a program like this...

Comment

Originally posted by GoalieDad32 View Post

Wow - they didn't even post it to the ACHA job board - where ALL head coach jobs get posted. No benefits. Requires (not preferred) 2 years of college coaching experience. What experienced college coach is going to take that job? Probably end up with a glorified club/high/prep school coach.

Also - missed this, but New England College looking for a head coach.

Comment

A local NEPA news program did a segment featuring the HC and a local recruit to the new program at King's and the growth of girl's/women's hockey in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                              Wow - they didn't even post it to the ACHA job board - where ALL head coach jobs get posted. No benefits. Requires (not preferred) 2 years of college coaching experience. What experienced college coach is going to take that job? Probably end up with a glorified club/high/prep school coach.

Also - missed this, but New England College looking for a head coach.
                              I'm guessing we'll see a few announcements by the end of the week or the following. Once the AHCA conference is done this weekend folks will be interviewing and accepting jobs.

Comment

Exciting time for DIII women's hockey. The NCAA Championships Committee has approved a bracket increase for the 2017-18 season to 9 teams. Four new programs (Aurora, King's, Trine and Wilkes) will increase sport sponsorship to 63 teams (giving an access ratio of 9.69) and the potential to apply for an increase to 10 teams for the 2018-19 championship.
                                On a personal note I need thank Brian Riley, Joe Bertagna, Bruce Delvanthal, the AHCA staff and nominating committee and especially the coaches for the honor of the 2017 Joe Burke Award. Thank you all for the experience of a lifetime!

Comment

Working...
                                X