Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D3 2017 Offseason Thread: Coaching, Conferences, Etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 2017 Offseason Thread: Coaching, Conferences, Etc.

apologies if these have already been mentioned:

Nichols: http://www.nicholsathletics.com/sche...spx?path=wice&
    Wilkes: http://www.gowilkesu.com/schedule.as...&schedule=188&

Comment

Trine is making quite the road trip to play fellow first-season program in Wilkes.

Also, no Elmira on Wilkes schedule even though they are in the same conference.
      Last edited by Scott_TG; 06-12-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Zitek promoted to head coach at Johnson & Wales

http://providence.jwuathletics.com/s...20170612il23co
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
          interesting: 4 of their non-conference opponents are NEHC schools. Clearly setting themselves up for 2018-19.
          Is it a secret? Pretty sure it's been announced Salem State, Johnson & Wales and Suffolk are all in the NEHC in 2018-19...
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Is it a secret? Pretty sure it's been announced Salem State, Johnson & Wales and Suffolk are all in the NEHC in 2018-19...
            Not a secret, it was announced a few months ago, still smart of the coach to do that.

Comment

Any ideas on format for '18-'19 NEHC? Will there be 12 teams in two divisions or some other system? Playoffs seeding?

Comment

• Originally posted by obserbear View Post
                Any ideas on format for '18-'19 NEHC? Will there be 12 teams in two divisions or some other system? Playoffs seeding?
                UNE and Salve are moving to Colonial in 2018-19. Manhattanville left NEHC for UCHC starting in 2017-18.

NEHC is a 9-team conference starting in 2018-19.

Norwich
                Castleton
                New England College
                Southern Maine
                Plymouth State
                UMass Boston
                Suffolk
                Johnson & Wales
                Salem State
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

UNE and Salve are moving to Colonial in 2018-19. Manhattanville left NEHC for UCHC starting in 2017-18.

NEHC is a 9-team conference starting in 2018-19.

Norwich
                  Castleton
                  New England College
                  Southern Maine
                  Plymouth State
                  UMass Boston
                  Suffolk
                  Johnson & Wales
                  Salem State
                  Take the 5 team SUNYAC and you have 14.
                  West - SUNYAC + Norwich & Castleton
                  East - NEC, USM, PSU, UMB, SUF, JWU, SSU

play your division 2x and 1x against the other for a total of 19 games.

Playoffs 1W v 4E, 2W v 3E, 1E v 4W, 2E v 3W.
                  Championship at QF survivor with most points
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Based on Potsdam's 2017-18 schedule, it looks like the SUNYACs are forming something designated as the NEWHL, unless that's some sort of interim thing for this year prior to joining the NEHC under your theory. But why would they have an interim conference and not continue as the ECAC West one last year if they intend to join a pre-established conference?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

Nice theory but I think Morrisville and Canton to the SUNY league is much more probable.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Nice theory but I think Morrisville and Canton to the SUNY league is much more probable.
                        NEHC had 14 teams the last couple of seasons, leads to an unbalanced schedule: play some teams once, others twice. That throws a wrench into the system for playoff seedings. 9 teams is actually almost perfect: get a home and away with every other team with enough non-conference games to fill the schedule. Also keeps the conference healthy enough that losing the AQ isn't a concern.

Comment

Missed this one in April. LVC has named Matt Yingst, who was previously director of operations for the Hershey Jr. Bears as well as previously worked with the men's program from 1999-2007, as the new women's head coach. Release here.

Unless I'm forgetting someone, it looks like Buff State is the only opening...Buff State had three assistants last year they may not look very far...
                          Last edited by Scott_TG; 06-13-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                            Missed this one in April. LVC has named Matt Yingst, who was previously director of operations for the Hershey Jr. Bears as well as previously worked with the men's program from 1999-2007, as the new women's head coach. Release here.

Unless I'm forgetting someone, it looks like Buff State is the only opening...Buff State had three assistants last year they may not look very far...

We can't possibly be done this early in the offseason...can we? Last year there were a few last minute surprises in August!
                            Last edited by GTOWN; 06-14-2017, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Potsdam's Jordan Ott signs with the Buffalo Beauts:

http://www.potsdambears.com/news/201...uts061417.aspx
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Where did the Buffalo State coach go? Did she move on to another position? Was she let go or did she leave on her own? Seems like she had the program heading in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X