Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clubbing in Utica. Or things to do when you're not AUDiting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clubbing in Utica. Or things to do when you're not AUDiting.

Hints are appreciated.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Hints are appreciated.
    Always looking for some local places to eat around the arena

Comment

Re: Clubbing in Utica. Or things to do when you're not AUDiting.

How about the brewery tours? They used to have them with a couple freebies after the tour in a rustic tavern.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Hints are appreciated.
        Yes...We need this...
        SNC Men:
        Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
        NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
        SNC Women:
        O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
          Yes...We need this...
          Turning Stone is about a 20 minute ride from Utica

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

The Brewery tour is always a good time. There are a bunch of good restaurants around the Aud including Delmonicos, Swifty's, Babes, Gerber's. Bite is a new bakery/cafe that is becoming a breakfast/brunch hot spot. There are a bunch of bars on Varick Street (same street as the brewery), I would recommend the Celtic Harp as a nice place to grab some food and drinks. One thing to be aware of, Utica will be holding its St. Patrick's Day parade Saturday morning, so parts of Genesee Street will be closed, and might add some logistical problems getting around that morning. Georgio's in New Hartford is a good place too if you are looking for some italian food/utica specialties. They have, IMO, the best greens in the area. And Sammy's cafe right next to it is also great for breakfast and lunch.

Comment

For you artsy types there is this: http://www.mwpai.org/
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by InTheCrease View Post
                The Brewery tour is always a good time. There are a bunch of good restaurants around the Aud including Delmonicos, Swifty's, Babes, Gerber's. Bite is a new bakery/cafe that is becoming a breakfast/brunch hot spot. There are a bunch of bars on Varick Street (same street as the brewery), I would recommend the Celtic Harp as a nice place to grab some food and drinks. One thing to be aware of, Utica will be holding its St. Patrick's Day parade Saturday morning, so parts of Genesee Street will be closed, and might add some logistical problems getting around that morning. Georgio's in New Hartford is a good place too if you are looking for some italian food/utica specialties. They have, IMO, the best greens in the area. And Sammy's cafe right next to it is also great for breakfast and lunch.
                Is the Delmonicos the same as the one in Syracuse?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                  Is the Delmonicos the same as the one in Syracuse?
                  Yes......They claim to be located in Rochester, Syracuse, Utica, Albany, and Clifton Park, NY, and Orlando, FL
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                    Yes......They claim to be located in Rochester, Syracuse, Utica, Albany, and Clifton Park, NY, and Orlando, FL
                    Food is worth the money.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

The travel guide is out!!!

http://d3hockey.com/ncaa-tournament/...a-travel-guide
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

My favorite places to eat in Utica are:

1. Pho Mekong on John St., a short walk from The Aud. Outstanding (and CHEAP) Vietnamese fare in a charmingly dingy venue. Try the ginger salmon and any noodle soup there, and enjoy the complimentary Preparation H and the Victoria's Secret catalogues and the Men's room. (I'm serious!) BYOB there.

2. Geisha Two on Bank Place. Again, mere minutes by foot from the venue. Exceptional Japanese cuisine in a cozy setting. They serve Kirin and Sapporo beer, both decent lagers, but the former is better.

Others have mentioned pretty good and more conventional eateries nearby, but if you want to spoil yourselves, consider The Willows on Culver Ave. IMO the best restaurant in town -possibly even in the region- and not extravagantly priced.

I agree with the below comments about the short and sweet brewery tour at Saranac. Definitely worth the time. They give you free crafts at it's conclusion, and they make some really good ones. (I'm partial to the stouts.)

I could go on and on about my adopted home town, but you all will be here primarily for the hockey, so I limited my comments to convenient places. Hope that you all enjoy your stay.
                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-21-2017, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X