• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NC$$ Title: Clarkson vs Wisconsin

Nice

Comment

Congratulations Clarkson. Matt Desrosiers and his squad really do know how to finish!
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Congrats to Clarkson! They played a very smart game and took advantage of their opportunities.

Comment

can't believe they only scored one goal in two games
          wth happened?
          Last edited by pokechecker; 03-19-2017, 04:20 PM. Reason: bet cheeseheads wish MN had beaten Clarkson for them ;)

Comment

So uncharacteristic for the Badgers to lose their hockey smarts as the clock was winding down. Lots of poor decision-making that gave the Golden Knights easy clears. But credit Clarkson for forcing those misplays. They played great D and took advantage of their opportunities, and without a doubt deserved the win.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Congrats to Clarkson, they did exactly what they needed to do to win today.

Does this mean the knights get to move up to the WCHA now?

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                Congrats to Clarkson, they did exactly what they needed to do to win today.

Does this mean the knights get to move up to the WCHA now?
                good thought, maybe the WCHA should have relegation matches and the best non-WCHA teams could play off with the top two replacing the bottom two WCHA teams.

Comment

It's now a club of two, Minnesota (2014), Wisconsin (2017). It was kind of like watching a Bemidji win with a touch more offense. And with Mercer again and as a senior this time, they won without Rattray. Very impressive win, even more so than 2014.
                  Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-19-2017, 04:34 PM. Reason: Adjustments
                  "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Love that the plodding, slow style of the Knights discombobulated the high flying Badgers......I'll never understand why in the women's game they'll take the snapshot at 15 feet when they can make the goalie move and tuck it.......how many shots by Wisconsin never hit the net from 15 feet.......and as always, it's why they play the game!!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                      .......how many shots by Wisconsin never hit the net from 15 feet.......
                      Lost count, but missing the net and hitting the goalie in the mid-section was painfully familiar.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

The hockey gods must live in the East. First Plattsburgh comes back from an almost certain loss with 20 seconds to go in regulation to force OT where they won their 4th national title in a row, and now Clarkson beats the western giant Wisconsin with only 20 shots to go 2-0 in national title games with their goalie beating the PK trophy winner by stopping 41 Wisconsin shots. Impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          I have no clue how Clarkson leads 1-0 after 2. But, I will take it. Wisco has been all over them. They are a great team. Not sure my knights are gonna be able to hang on.
                          My Knights prove me wrong about worrrying about hanging on . Wisconsin is one heck of a team and congrats to them on the season they had but Clarkson played the bend but don't break to perfection. And now Cayley Mercer joins her sister Carley as bookend Captains of Clarkson's Two NC$$ National Championship teams.
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                            So who put money on ARD being pulled with 2:30 left in the 3rd?
                            Well, I did post this less than 2 hours before the game started:

"Got another strange feeling about CU.

Do they score 3 or more?

Does ARD get pulled?

Tiley didn't look overly quick or agile to me on Friday and if that is how she normally plays I'd say that's CU's biggest concern against UW. It's always good advice to get the goaltender moving from side to side to allow inertia of a body in motion to be your friend. But you have to be able to put together some nice quick passing plays in close, or fairly close, in order to accomplish that other than lucky bounces helping you out in that regard."

Does that count?

Comment

The Power of Division Three Will Set You Free!

Now it's Union's turn on the men's side.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                So uncharacteristic for the Badgers to lose their hockey smarts as the clock was winding down. Lots of poor decision-making that gave the Golden Knights easy clears. But credit Clarkson for forcing those misplays. They played great D and took advantage of their opportunities, and without a doubt deserved the win.
                                I didn't see the game until there was about 12 minutes remaining, but Wisconsin looked like they were in panic mode the whole time.

Tough loss Badgers Congrats Golden Knights, well coached, tough team that can get it done
                                Last edited by KTDC; 03-19-2017, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X