NC$$ Title: Clarkson vs Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I'd say more than adequate, but she was not tested as much as is implied in the headline.
    It's a freaking headline! What do you think they're going to say after she made 41 saves in the biggest, most important, highest pressure game of the year, and playing against the favored team and the Patty Kaz winning goalie at the other end of the ice. With those being the circumstances, I think we can cut her and the person that decided on the headline some slack!

Comment

• Re: NC$$ Title: Clarkson vs Wisconsin

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
      Based on the USCHO headline - "Clarkson's Tiley dominates blue paint, women's championship game for Golden Knights" - I guess I'm not alone in my confusion. Clearly Tiley was merely adequate...
      Unless I'm misreading this which I don't think I am, it appears HE33 should have used some kind of emoticon to indicate sarcasm for a couple of you.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        Unless I'm misreading this which I don't think I am, it appears HE33 should have used some kind of emoticon to indicate sarcasm for a couple of you.
        If I misinterpreted his intent then he has my apology.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
          If I misinterpreted his intent then he has my apology.
          I apologize for nothing. The headline sucked.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Say, did you ever get a visit in to the psyche ward? You seem kind of agitated...Course maybe that's just hangover effect from all the thinner you consumed.

I liked your phrase so I added it as my signature...
            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-21-2017, 03:28 PM.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              I agree. But I was not responding to the headline. I was responding to his posting of the headline and his accompanying comments and, consequently, what I believed his intent was.
              Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-21-2017, 03:54 PM.

Comment

I think HE33 was expressing a little butthurt over perceived lack of respect for Eastern teams. He is not entirely wrong but also a tad over-sensitive. There was some whining about UW not playing their best game or at their usual power, which is ridiculous for not crediting CU for the job they did but he also seemed to take offense to some fairly innocuous comments that appear to have not been as praise filled as he would have liked (it seems to me).

I thought UW dominated play and certainly shot total but CU did a good job of squelching some of their attempts while turning their fewer chances into better attempts. Tiley did a great job. OTOH goalies almost always get too much blame & too much credit for the work the skaters do. She for sure deserved a star as she handled everything that came her way & that is all you can ever ask.

Comment

People doing the east/west thing is not my favorite feature of the forum, but a lot of people love it, so more power to 'em.

I recall no disrespect directed Clarkson's way either before or after the Frozen Four. Gopher fans knew what Clarkson was capable of as I think most people did. Wisconsin was #1 all year and was the favorite and many watched the game from that perspective.

Last year we lost posters here in the aftermath of the championship game and I was bummed in the way that deteriorated. We can take all the BC fans we can get on this forum it seems to me, as well as all the fans of any team, and women's hockey in general. People gotta state their opinions, and the aftermath of the Frozen Four is one of the best times to celebrate the game. And from what I've seen, the fans of the winning and losing teams have been gracious, and respectful while saying what they think they saw in the games and have given the players the respect they have earned.

Comment

Say, did you ever get a visit in to the psyche ward? You seem kind of agitated...Course maybe that's just hangover effect from all the thinner you consumed.

I liked your phrase so I added it as my signature...
                    I feel honored to be in 2 people's sigs on this site, at least some folks appreciate my unique blending of mostly facts and a little flame. For the record I DO apologize for mis-spelling Kazmaier.

It is very ironic that my sister is an psychiatrist who specializes in eating disorders, isn't it? And she went along so I had all the back-up I needed. She is very concerned about the liver.....

Anyway, I'm not at all bitter about the loss, that is the way it goes. And Clarkson is a likeable enough team to lose to. I would have been bitter about losing to the rodents AGAIN or BC. I would hate to have UW feed TTT a slice of hope about BC's hopeless interiority to the top WCHA teams.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

We can't have it both ways, celebrating ARD's greatness because she piled up 10-save shutouts where her biggest obstacle was not freezing to death while trying to track the puck from 200 feet, while complaining that Tiley's 40-something shutout wasn't all that. It's a short list of goalies who have recorded a shutout in an NCAA Championship game: Vetter, Martin, Tiley, and unless I'm forgetting someone, that's it.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Just because you mentioned her ARM, Martin's game vs UNH where she did give up a goal, but still had near 50 saves killed me that year! That was our best team IMHO......

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                          Just because you mentioned her ARM, Martin's game vs UNH where she did give up a goal, but still had near 50 saves killed me that year! That was our best team IMHO......
                          She gave up two in that game, but it was still one of the best goalie performances I've seen. The ice seemed tilted for long stretches.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                            If you are referring to the 2008 semi final game that was something else. One of the most memorable hockey games I have ever witnessed. How UMD withstood the vicious UNH onslaught was a miracle with Fridfinnson eventually scoring for UMD to relieve some of the pressure. That was one powerful UNH team that year.

That was the Championship Game, not the one that followed two days later.
                            Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-21-2017, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                              If you are referring to the 2008 semi final game that was something else. One of the most memorable hockey games I have ever witnessed. How UMD withstood the vicious UNH onslaught was a miracle with Fridfinnson eventually scoring for UMD to relieve some of the pressure. That was one powerful UNH team that year.

That was the Championship Game, not the one that followed two days later.
                              Almost every year at least one poster states that one of the 2 semifinals was the "true" championship game, which immediately dismisses and belittles the other team that made the championship game. Comments like this are just another reason that there is some discord between posters here.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                                BTN won't load on my computer or phone so far. This sucks that the game isn't being broadcast on NCAA.com. Anyone have any suggestions on how to watch this game?
                                How times have changed in just 3 years. Then many here posted complaints that the championship game was only being streamed on NCAA.com and was not on TV (BTN even being mentioned).

Sean
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X