Thread: Other St. Charles News

Other St. Charles News

Seeing as all of us here are focused on St. Charles this weekend (and at the risk of taking some flack because it's not hockey related) and seeing it is an otherwise slow day for us on the forum between the semis and the final, I thought I'd post this.

Almost impossible to imagine anyone here who his music hasn't touched or influenced: St. Charles County resident Chuck Berry dead at 90.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment...dead-1.4031528

Re: Other St. Charles News

Maybe the bands will play a tribute to him at the game tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Maybe the bands will play a tribute to him at the game tomorrow.
    Would be hard to replicate such greats as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v124f0i0Xh4
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

As part of my job I had for 33 years I met a number of entertainers, but usually they would just point me to their "guy," if they had a "guy." The small time acts were their own "guy," at the State and county fairs and such. Anyway, I got to watch Chuck Berry perform on Harriet Island in July of 1990. He was a class act on stage all the way.

Roseanne Barr, who also performed that day, not so much. I can't remember if she grabbed her crotch or not which she had just done recently at a San Diego Padres game, but the crowd seemed to like her. I much preferred Chuck Berry.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-18-2017 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Would be hard to replicate such greats as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v124f0i0Xh4
    You think they might play "No Particular Place To Go" for T-Cubed before the game tomorrow?

Okay, Okay...I know...that's cruel...way too cruel...I take that back...Sorry T.

Let's go RED!

We took a walk down by the river prior to the game and found a used hypodermic needle and a spot where a homeless person must have slept. I have not yet figure out why they are trying so hard to keep an old rusted out barge anchored to the shoreline in what's an otherwise nice looking area.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    We took a walk down by the river prior to the game and found a used hypodermic needle and a spot where a homeless person must have slept. I have not yet figure out why they are trying so hard to keep an old rusted out barge anchored to the shoreline in what's an otherwise nice looking area.
    Did you sample any of those food joints from the DDD website that I posted for you?

And, if so, which one(s) and were they any good?

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Did you sample any of those food joints from the DDD website that I posted for you?

And, if so, which one(s) and were they any good?
    We did not. We rolled into town @ 9PM Saturday night, took a swim, watched some BB, hit the sack. Sunday AM took advantage of the hotel breakfast, did the walk down by the river, went to the Bass Pro Shop, hit the rally, had a quick lunch @ Steak and Shake, back to the rink, watched the game, headed out of town, ate supper in Bloomington IL. It was quite the quick hitting trip.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Thread Information