Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Makes no sense to me to put Air Force/Western Michigan in Providence....
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Not happy about Union's draw, but you got screwed. I can't comprehend why Union or BU didn't swap with Western Michigan to play in Providence.
      LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
        Actually if you look up the advanced metrics the top 6 D get over 33% of their shots blocked which is not good..Diffley around 38% and that terrible player Switzer 8%....the 2nd PP unit has been much more successful because Fabbro is the QB and the puck goes to the right spot quickly...shots get through and goals are scored simple
        Speaking of having it both ways. Here's a dummy talking about "advanced metrics" and failing to cite the small sample size of his "point"
        Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
          Makes no sense to me to put Air Force/Western Michigan in Providence....
          Appears the goal was to get a 2nd eastern team to manchester. So that is why cornell got switched. Cornell and AF were only separated in pwr by 1 slot. Also i do remember the committee saying they try to set up bracket integrity for the QFs. And that is exactly what we would have. 1 v 8 etc

Comment

If BU had lost to UML in final would BUs bracket changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
              Yes, BU would have been a #1 seed, probably in Manchester.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                I asked that in the Pairwise thread and someone said they would've moved up to 4 and been a one seed. I don't see how that would be possible losing to UML in the final, but I'm not a PWR person, so that could be true.

ETA - Or what Tater said.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                  They certainly won't be saying" who is that Folin kid"
                  Well they ssay that in Minnesota for his brother. You know, the all American in 2014. Who played for lowell? And is now on the wild...
                  BS UMass Lowell 2015
                  PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                    Yes, BU would have been a #1 seed, probably in Manchester.
                    by default as western lost twice, goofs lost once, and umlol would have lost.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether
                      1/3 of your shots blocked isn't good and I didn't read anywhere that they were the top D cores in the country like I constantly here about BU with their ultra skilled 6 NHL draft picks....did you happen to check their points also?....way ahead of BU's NHL D core...rolls eyes
                      Lowell is the top scoring d core in the country. Not on twitter though. Just the ice
                      BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        by default as western lost twice, goofs lost once, and umlol would have lost.
                        This scenario Jofa asked about still has UML winning Hockey East. Just BU winning Friday night would have made them a #1 seed.

http://techhockeyguide.com/pairwise-...a-0cc47a7e6a58

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                          Lowell is the top scoring d core in the country. Not on twitter though. Just the ice
                          people seem to forget there's a part that comes after a blocked shot

edit: and there's a hell of a lot of difference of getting a D-shot blocked down low versus up high... losing it up high often means the other team takes it... unless you're us and you play every **** puck presented, ever. Down low... hell, some times its just as effective as a pass
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by christos1968 View Post
                            How many fans will be at the Air Force -Western Michigan game (2nd game of the doubleheader) in Providence? 500? Talk about a dreary atmosphere for an NCAA tournament game. Just play it at the Moses Brown rink- that should fit all the fans who want to be there
                            Zero fans, since Moses Brown does not have an ice rink.

Comment

• Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                              Speaking of having it both ways. Here's a dummy talking about "advanced metrics" and failing to cite the small sample size of his "point"
                              Diffley and Switzer have the same sample size....so let's talk sample size....3 goals in 6 games vs 4 goals in 37 games and he's allegedly 1st team all hockey east...suck on that dummy

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                people seem to forget there's a part that comes after a blocked shot

edit: and there's a hell of a lot of difference of getting a D-shot blocked down low versus up high... losing it up high often means the other team takes it... unless you're us and you play every **** puck presented, ever.
                                Let's not jump to the conclusion BUTogether is a person.
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X