Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by christos1968 View Post
    Start rooting for BC or UMass Lowell then; we won't miss you. You can root for BC and their head coach Mr Magoo next weekend- oh wait they didn't make the field
    They weren't on Twitter declaring themselves national champions before the season started...their coach wasn't on the NHL Network proclaiming he was the only guy who could screw this up....nor the non stop WJC crap...how many guys from Lowell were on that team?..I'm rooting for BU to play to their potential..they haven't for weeks and their is zero adjustment...just play MvAvoy more and hope it works out...it won't...but if you are happy god bless

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
      Yep because auto correct misspells a name the message is irrelevant...ok Somerby sucks...happy now?
      Yes - I was right. You ARE a grumpy old man, and I appreciate you for it

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        I don't think it is an effort issue. I see intensity and hustle, it just isn't producing the results we hoped for. I see a combination of a very young team and a coach that is struggling with how to put an offensive system in place that is well suited for them. The most "talented" forwards are the youngest, with Keller being an extreme example. I don't care how talented you are, you have to learn how to play the game smartly to succeed.

I would like to see Quinn give the older guys more ice time (of course, playing catch-up every game lately doesn't help). The 4th line is not seeing nearly enough ice time in my opinion. Chabot is a very reliable older freshman who can bring stability.

Also, I think the Power Play is trying too hard to make the pretty play. We have d that are talented enough to avoid blocked shots from the blue line - get it on net and crash for rebounds. The Umbrella ends up with too many passes, and then if the shot from one of the side players misses the net, it often comes out of the zone.
        The blocked shot % for the D are terrible...as are the missed shots...but nothing changes....Chabot????....what are you Chabot's dad?....jk...I agree with you he should see way more ice but gosh darn it Cloonan is gonna score some day right?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
          Yes - I was right. You ARE a grumpy old man, and I appreciate you for it
          I appreciate the appreciation

Comment

Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            I don't think it is an effort issue. I see intensity and hustle, it just isn't producing the results we hoped for. I see a combination of a very young team and a coach that is struggling with how to put an offensive system in place that is well suited for them. The most "talented" forwards are the youngest, with Keller being an extreme example. I don't care how talented you are, you have to learn how to play the game smartly to succeed.

I would like to see Quinn give the older guys more ice time (of course, playing catch-up every game lately doesn't help). The 4th line is not seeing nearly enough ice time in my opinion. Chabot is a very reliable older freshman who can bring stability.

Also, I think the Power Play is trying too hard to make the pretty play. We have d that are talented enough to avoid blocked shots from the blue line - get it on net and crash for rebounds. The Umbrella ends up with too many passes, and then if the shot from one of the side players misses the net, it often comes out of the zone.
            Bravo.

I propose we have two BU threads going forward. One for those of us who actually like the team and hope for them to do well. Another for the haters and complainers.
            Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
              Bravo.

I propose we have two BU threads going forward. One for those of us who actually like the team and hope for them to do well. Another for the haters and complainers.
              One for the realists and one for the Ostriches

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
                Bravo.

You mean separate pre and post game threads?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  Absolutely. You just summed up (much more succinctly and without the emotion) what many of us have been trying to say. Early in the season I also attributed it to a "lack of effort" but have since come to the realization that this is not quite accurate. It's just frustrating to watch. Regarding the PP, a couple of times Friday (and I was sitting right at the top of the circle where we were shooting two out of three periods) I was just screaming "Shoot" as "they" (don't really want to single out anyone) would just hold the puck waiting for that perfect tic-tac-toe play. When I watch Lowell I see a team whose players always seem to be in the right place at the right time. I'm not sure what to attribute it too - maybe they're actually pressing too hard, because often the spacing is poor and players are right on top of one another (almost in each other's way), enabling the defense to cover them too easily. But I also feel that when you have a lot of very talented players, sometimes that all try to win the game by themselves and that's one reason why they don't appear to be "jelling" as perhaps one would expect. But then some nights they put it all together. Hopefully they can somehow find a way to put it together next weekend.
                  This is the most reasoned post I've seen from you in months. This is not what you're saying in your in-game posts.
                  Go BU!

Comment

Fargo it is. And the Bracket of Death.

Comment

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Ya, bracket integrity. Brutal draw for you guys.

Comment

They have no one to blame but themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Fargo it is. And the Bracket of Death.
                          #AdvantageQuinn

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                            BU got destroyed in last years playoffs...if not for Oettinger it could have been 6-1after 2 periods at BU....the game at Lowell I think BU had 8 shots after two periods but keep believing it's even.
                            and if the bc goalie didn't play great Friday night we would have won. Except goaltending is part of the game so it wasn't 6-1 after 2 periods.
                            Honestly I believe David Quinn stole your girlfriend in college. time to get over it

Comment

And it's an early start out there. Gonna be weird seeing that as the first game of the tournament

Comment

533/rt

Oh well
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X