Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    ah ****
    Stupid mistake by McLeod, stupid mistake by Bobo, JFK missed four open nets. Totally winnable game, surprisingly.

Comment

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      Stupid mistake by McLeod, stupid mistake by Bobo, JFK missed four open nets. Totally winnable game, surprisingly.
      that's why they are not playing in the nhl. still learning.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

"We hope you enjoyed it." Well, no. Sigh.

Hate to lose on a PPG, but you need to kill those. Much better game than I thought it would be. Could've gone either way, I thought.

Gonna be an interesting offseason.

Comment

that's why they are not playing in the nhl. still learning.
          MacLeod will not play in the NHL...that ship has sailed

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            "We hope you enjoyed it." Well, no. Sigh.

Hate to lose on a PPG, but you need to kill those. Much better game than I thought it would be. Could've gone either way, I thought.

Gonna be an interesting offseason.
            We're not the team that lost 10-3 today. That's always a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
              MacLeod will not play in the NHL...that ship has sailed
              go die. thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                We're not the team that lost 10-3 today. That's always a good thing.
                We've been that team, so I'm in total agreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  We've been that team, so I'm in total agreement.
                  I thought we were gonna get destroyed yesterday. That win really means a lot, considering the history.

Comment

go die. thanks.
                    Go F yourself Cookie

Comment

I thought we were gonna get destroyed yesterday. That win really means a lot, considering the history.
                      sioux were the tough game here. harvard will beat duluth. our boys could have played with them. ugh.

Comment

Yeah, regardless of what happens here, I'm really happy with what I've seen. The people who have argued that there is a lack of effort or no interest in playing for BU, only here to go to the NHL, etc. are nuts. I hope that Quinn can learn and adapt just like he teaches his players, and I hope he can get some balance with the classes once he gets all his players in here.

Most importantly, we went west and actually won an NCAA tournament game! That's the biggest thing to come out of this weekend.
                        Agreed. And that's all a lot of us were asking for, because they went LONG stretches of games this year without showing that effort.

Also, I'm not buying what the "announcers" were saying that both teams were "equally" rested. BU played FIVE PERIODS and was physically and emotionally drained. Duluth was asleep for much of their game against a MUCH inferior opponent before they finally woke up. To me, there is NO comparison. BU's legs were dead and they still almost won this game and dominated most of the third period. They just couldn't react. I distinctly remember at least four times where BU had almost point blank shots and just couldn't get them off in time.

I'm not disappointed in them because they gave it all they had, and that's all I wanted to see

Comment

Wondering how the game would've gone if they didn't cough up that end of period goal in the first.

Comment

Mookie, catching the highlights since i only got home for OT. you must have been thinking of o'connor on that first duluth goal

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Wondering how the game would've gone if they didn't cough up that end of period goal in the first.
                              We can "if" our way until the cows come home, if JFK pots the puck Miska robbed or the one he whiffed in front. It's not how the game broke, so it goes. Real proud of the effort they put out tonight despite clearly being gassed as all hell. They were going to have to win that game on adrenaline alone and couldn't quite get it done. If UMD is one of the two or three best teams in the country, then I'm real happy with how we performed against them.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                I think they beat this team if both teams are equally well-rested. It's just the luck of the draw. Of course, that's where the PWR system makes EVERY game important. They were very close to being a #1 seed which would have avoided having to play two very good teams "on the road" back to back.

Comment

Working...
                                X