Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Congratulations to the Terriers. Tough game to lose, but so it goes. Good luck the rest of the way.
    Thanks. You guys played a heck of a game. We lost one like that.....4OT to St. Lawrence in the NCAAs back in 2000. Rick DiPietro made 77 saves and lost. That was a tough night, so I DO know how you feel.

Comment

BU got dominated and won. Happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
        4-3. And a boatload of saves. You should nibble on the brim.
        Boatload of saves, yes. But by oettinger.

Comment

We win!! This game took years off my life.

We (friends and I) almost just jumped in a car/flight to Fargo.

That being said, we need to play better tomorrow

Comment

Air Force jumps out on WMU. TOsu v UMD drops at 8:22

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhett Hot View Post
              We win!! This game took years off my life.

We (friends and I) almost just jumped in a car/flight to Fargo.

That being said, we need to play better tomorrow
              Might not be possible with dead legs. As i said before, if you guys have to play UMD and beat them too...as impressive a regional win as you'll find.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Might not be possible with dead legs. As i said before, if you guys have to play UMD and beat them too...as impressive a regional win as you'll find.
                Yeah, we have no shot. Duluth or Denver are going to win this thing. Not a problem to lose to Duluth, just wish we'd had a regular season that lives up to the talent level of the team and could lose to them in the frozen four.

Comment

if BU scores 5 goals, i'll eat my hat!
                  Sooo close
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

BU was looking gassed even earlier inot the game pre-ot. What's the consensus on their overall conditioning and/or program both preseason and during?
                    Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                    Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                      BU was looking gassed even earlier inot the game pre-ot. What's the consensus on their overall conditioning and/or program both preseason and during?
                      Well, that's a really interesting question. They've actually been a third period team all year. I mean, they've given up the first goal in NINE consecutive games now. I thought they came out strong in the 3rd and buried those two goals early. I don't want to sound like I'm just echoing the announcers, but I think that delay when the glass broke really deflated them. There weren't a lot of whistles and the pressure was starting to build on North Dakota in front of the home crowd. Then the whole thing just flipped. BU seemed to lose their legs and probably started to feel pressure.

Can't say if it's "conditioning" or the fact that (again) young players not knowing quite how to pace themselves in this type of game and atmosphere. They just seemed to empty the tank and lose it all at once. At the beginning of the first OT I thought the longer this went the more it would favor North Dakota, but after a while, North Dakota has to start getting tired too and that started to "even out" by the middle of the 2nd OT, when I thought ND started to slow down a little. Not so coincidently, that's when BU had a couple of good shifts and won the game.

Comment

The place is almost completely empty. Wonder what it will be like tomorrow? Duluth has a score to settle with us after Manchester in 2015...

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          Well, that's a really interesting question. They've actually been a third period team all year. I mean, they've given up the first goal in NINE consecutive games now. I thought they came out strong in the 3rd and buried those two goals early. I don't want to sound like I'm just echoing the announcers, but I think that delay when the glass broke really deflated them. There weren't a lot of whistles and the pressure was starting to build on North Dakota in front of the home crowd. Then the whole thing just flipped. BU seemed to lose their legs and probably started to feel pressure.

Can't say if it's "conditioning" or the fact that (again) young players not knowing quite how to pace themselves in this type of game and atmosphere. They just seemed to empty the tank and lose it all at once. At the beginning of the first OT I thought the longer this went the more it would favor North Dakota, but after a while, North Dakota has to start getting tired too and that started to "even out" by the middle of the 2nd OT, when I thought ND started to slow down a little. Not so coincidently, that's when BU had a couple of good shifts and won the game.
                          Don't forget we had to travel more than halfway across the country and NoDak got to sleep in their own beds and take a little bus ride. That's the kind of thing that is going to show at the end of a high adrenaline game.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                            Don't forget we had to travel more than halfway across the country and NoDak got to sleep in their own beds and take a little bus ride. That's the kind of thing that is going to show at the end of a high adrenaline game.
                            FWIW, North Dakota bussed down to Fargo and stayed in a hotel Wednesday night. BU did have to travel much further though...no debating that.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Congrats on the big win and thanks for an entertaining game.

I'm amazed Oettinger can move around so gracefully with that huge brass set he's carrying. What a performance.

You can't say this BU squad doesn't have heart, they were running on pure force of will by the end.

Take it home tomorrow.
                              Lowell Forever
                              Forever Lowell

Comment

Congratulations to BU!! Fantastic hockey game. Oettinger was superb along with the defense in front of him. The defense killing off all 6 or 7 power plays was impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X