Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

How to head West and defeat the defending national champions (20 years ago this month)

At the 6:05 mark, one of the worst non-calls you've ever seen--a slash to the throat of Shane Johnson.
    Last edited by Rogie21; 03-22-2017, 07:56 PM.
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
      Based on previews comments concerning the sexual favors you'd like to give him I'm guessing he's your bf?
      Get some help idiot

Comment

Thanks for posting that, Rogie.

Some real amazing things in there:
        - Look at those tiny pads on Larocque and Turco
        - Truly horrible ESPN2 graphics
        - Greg Quebec!?
        Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
          Fair enough..then I am questioning his line ups and tactics...I also am questioning the young excuse that keeps being played..if this is the way you are going to recruit then you will always be young...your choice..there not different rules for other NCAA teams...the truth is I believe they have the talent to win it all.
          I'm not sure how often he has used the "young" excuse, but I agree - that is the bed you make when you recruit the USNDTP kids.

I will be very interested to see how well these drafted kids do in the NHL, as I will then feel better about judging how far this team should have gone. While it is not an excuse for how your team does, there is the reality that these "younger" kids, as good as they are projected to be, are not there yet. Some will get there, some will do well, some may never get there.

- Keller clearly has the offensive skills, and for all I know, he might step right in and put up 60 points for the Yotes next year. But I see him easily neutralized by physical defensemen, and I think it is possible he won't have immediate success
          - Greenway looked like a beast ready to play in the NHL at the WJCs but against older competition he hasn't been the same dominant force. I think he is one year away from being an NHL regular - whether that is at BU of the AHL, remains to be seen.
          - JFK needs another year in my opinion. His play has been too inconsistent. I love his game but like Greenway, I think he needs a year (at least) before he is in the NHL.
          - Fabbro is definitely NHL material IMHO, but he needs a couple more years.
          - McAvoy could use another year, but my guess is that the Bruins will want to get him signed regardless. He'll get some looks in Boston, but may have to spend some time in Providence.
          - Bellows - needs at least a couple years, to say the least. Perhaps he will have a Drury-like transition from freshman to sophomore year (12 goals to 36 I believe). But that looks like a long shot at this point.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
            Thanks for posting that, Rogie.

Some real amazing things in there:
            - Look at those tiny pads on Larocque and Turco
            - Truly horrible ESPN2 graphics
            - Greg Quebec!?
            Speaking of reminiscing - saw this one in my apartment in Needham. Started the game just hoping we somehow didn't embarrass ourselves. After losing 4-0 the year before, and knowing Michigan was even more stocked, our odds of winning had to be about 10% going into the game. The physical play early on by Drury, Wright, and others was an awesome sight to see - it showed the team was not intimidated. After Michigan scored, the team didn't give up. Three goals, all by freshman, in the second period turned the tide, and then they hung on in the late stages. Boy were the Sioux fans on our side that night!

Then for some reason, the coaches underestimated the Sioux offense and went away from the passive forecheck. Giveaways by two of our top players (Kelleher and Drury) led to breakawy goals, and for the third time in three NC games in 6 years, we gave up 5 second period goals. A downer of an end after a huge high beating Michigan.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Get some help idiot
              Originally posted by BUtogether "BU 2017 Season Thread II: Terrier Rising" 2/12/17 9:18 PM
              And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid who scored 3 goals in 4 periods after watching this offensive juggernaut the last few weeks.

LINK

I was just following this quote to its logical conclusion.

I guess you could be a spited lover of Quinn and hoping to get him back by rewarding one of his lesser favorite players? Whatever floats your boat.
              BS UMass Lowell 2015
              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                Get some help idiot
                You're the one who wants to blow your own son so I think you need help perv.
                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  I'm not sure how often he has used the "young" excuse, but I agree - that is the bed you make when you recruit the USNDTP kids.

I will be very interested to see how well these drafted kids do in the NHL, as I will then feel better about judging how far this team should have gone. While it is not an excuse for how your team does, there is the reality that these "younger" kids, as good as they are projected to be, are not there yet. Some will get there, some will do well, some may never get there.

- Keller clearly has the offensive skills, and for all I know, he might step right in and put up 60 points for the Yotes next year. But I see him easily neutralized by physical defensemen, and I think it is possible he won't have immediate success
                  - Greenway looked like a beast ready to play in the NHL at the WJCs but against older competition he hasn't been the same dominant force. I think he is one year away from being an NHL regular - whether that is at BU of the AHL, remains to be seen.
                  - JFK needs another year in my opinion. His play has been too inconsistent. I love his game but like Greenway, I think he needs a year (at least) before he is in the NHL.
                  - Fabbro is definitely NHL material IMHO, but he needs a couple more years.
                  - McAvoy could use another year, but my guess is that the Bruins will want to get him signed regardless. He'll get some looks in Boston, but may have to spend some time in Providence.
                  - Bellows - needs at least a couple years, to say the least. Perhaps he will have a Drury-like transition from freshman to sophomore year (12 goals to 36 I believe). But that looks like a long shot at this point.
                  Can't disagree with anything you have stated here...hope McAvoy moves on...he is not getting better at BU

Comment

• Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                    You're the one who wants to blow your own son so I think you need help perv.
                    Yep can't stick up for anyone who isn't a twitter hero...enjoy the first round knockout...maybe you can cheer for your butt buddies team from Lowell

Comment

• Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post

LINK

I was just following this quote to its logical conclusion.

I guess you could be a spited lover of Quinn and hoping to get him back by rewarding one of his lesser favorite players? Whatever floats your boat.
                      Yep just shows how dumb Quinn is and what a puppet he is of the NHL...No need for offense when you have Chuckie 4 goal all Hockey East to lead you to defeat.
                      Last edited by BUtogether; 03-23-2017, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Yep just shows how dumb Quinn is and what a puppet he is of the NHL...No need for offense when you have Chuckie 4 goal all Hockey East to lead you to defeat.
                        I don't see a denial here. So you are a spited lover of Quinn then? I guess I kinda get it because of the hair, but at the same time, with the amount of time he probably puts into styling it every day he wouldn't have that much time for you. You can do better for yourself (Jeez I feel like I am talking to my little sister about her ex... )
                        BS UMass Lowell 2015
                        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Yep can't stick up for anyone who isn't a twitter hero...enjoy the first round knockout...maybe you can cheer for your butt buddies team from Lowell
                          Now he sounds like Hokiedope!
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                            Not my son and Hickey isn't going anywhere...if he does leave they will accelerate Crotty and pretend the 3 new freshman are great because they are NHL draft picks while Diffley and Switzer continue to sit in the stands.
                            Strange that you post on the MSU board and Switzer is from MI. Certainly seems there you have a personal relationship there with Switzer. That's cool just come clean and stop pretending that you are a BU guy. Ruins the credibility of your opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                              Since this is the 232nd time you've brought up his quote from the draft, I'm asking, how is this a prediction by him that they were going to win it all? He was asked about all the NHL talent he had coming in, and he jokingly addressed the pressure that comes with it by saying only he could screw it up. I don't see how that translates into him predicting they would win it all. I see it as a self-depricating comment about the pressure that comes with such recruiting success. And I'd say it's clear the pressure is on, given all the comments on this board about his coaching ability. There have been many coaches and classes that have had boatloads of NHL talent that have not won the NCAA title (BC team with Janney/Leetch, BU team with Amonte/Tkachuk/McEachern, Michigan with Morrisson/Botterill, Minny with Kessel and company to name a few).

I'm fine with questioning his tactics, line-ups, etc., but I don't see how the quote has anything to do with it.
                              Don't forget the 05-06 UND team w/ Johnny Toews, TJ Oshie, Ryan Duncan(hobey winner), Drew Stafford, Travis Zajac, Taylor Chorney, & Chris Porter.

After that year, I realized anyone can lose in single game elimination(well also after you guys beat Michigan in '97 for us )
                              Last edited by MplsSioux; 03-23-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                                I don't see a denial here. So you are a spited lover of Quinn then? I guess I kinda get it because of the hair, but at the same time, with the amount of time he probably puts into styling it every day he wouldn't have that much time for you. You can do better for yourself (Jeez I feel like I am talking to my little sister about her ex... )
                                You are just as weird and annoying as BUtogether, at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X