Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by christos1968 View Post
    so that is what satisfies you now? Somehow I think with exact same record and no national titles you'd still be talking **** about Quinn. 3 tournaments in a row for BU- better than we have had in some time. talk to me when Norm wins a title. until then he's not even Marv Levy, who at least got to the ultimate game 4 times.
    JD's a BC guy. Also, please stop it with the UML is nothing because they haven't won anything yet stuff because dollars to doughnuts they'll get to Chicago before we will. And then they'll be over here lording it all over all of us when it should just be you and you will most likely disappear once BU is done. They are like elephants, still crying constantly over 2009. I don't need the drama. 'kthxbai

Comment

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      First, you have said that. But the rest of this statement proves my point. You say he should be using '09 as a model - since only one player has left early for the NHL under Quinn, how do you know there is a need to use anything as a model? How do you know Quinn isn't doing just fine building his team? He has had two of his own recruiting classes come in, and part of a third (current juniors). The concern, as I have said, is not team-building. It is what he does with his team once he has it.
      Again, not what I said. I said I have referenced the '09 team as a model. I get it that it's unlikely to ever have things "fall into place" as they did that year again. Players of that skill level are unlikely to stick around in today's game. It's not a criticism as much as it's an explanation why it is tougher to get teams to perform when you don't have that year to year continuity. It's said to stimulate thought about perhaps coming up with another "algorithm" that might lead to better sustained success. Which is why I said this yesterday: "...and maybe with so many teams now that's just the new reality we're going to have to accept. The days of a few teams dominating are over (unless you are a program that has locked up a certain "niche" - like the Montreal Canadiens, who used to automatically own the rights to every Quebec born player - before they changed the rules).

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        JD's a BC guy. Also, please stop it with the UML is nothing because they haven't won anything yet stuff because dollars to doughnuts they'll get to Chicago before we will. And then they'll be over here lording it all over all of us when it should just be you and you will most likely disappear once BU is done. They are like elephants, still crying constantly over 2009. I don't need the drama. 'kthxbai
        If this were the 70's you two could go over to Kenmore Square and discuss this at Aegean Fare.

Comment

Some interesting facts while we wait for 3 PM:

2005 - lost 4-0 to North Dakota, tied for largest margin of loss in tournament.
          2006 - lost 5-0 to BC, tied for second largest margin of loss in tournament (largest was our 9-2 win the previous day)
          2007 - lost 5-1 to MSU, tied for largest margin of loss in tournament
          2012 - lost 7-3 to Minnesota, tied for second largest margin of loss in tournament
          2016 - lost 7-2 to Denver, largest margin of loss in tournament.

Two of those teams made the Frozen Four, two more made the championship game, and one more won the whole thing.

So congrats to North Dakota on their big win this afternoon and their trip to the Frozen Four!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
            Some interesting facts while we wait for 3 PM:

2005 - lost 4-0 to North Dakota, tied for largest margin of loss in tournament.
            2006 - lost 5-0 to BC, tied for second largest margin of loss in tournament (largest was our 9-2 win the previous day)
            2007 - lost 5-1 to MSU, tied for largest margin of loss in tournament
            2012 - lost 7-3 to Minnesota, tied for second largest margin of loss in tournament
            2016 - lost 7-2 to Denver, largest margin of loss in tournament.
            This game is forbidden from this thread.

Comment

JD's a BC guy.

Comment

Originally posted by christos1968 View Post
                Best coach? 1 Frozen 4. 0 Frozen 4 wins. 0 National Championships.
                So I guess by your logic UMass Lowell is also the greatest academic institution in the land?
                Shut up and win something before crowning your coach the best.
                I guess the numbers must not be true. Who's stupid? Worry about beating Cornell and maybe making it out of your mom's basement instead of being on the BU site.
                You realize this guy coaches UMass freaking Lowell right?
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by christos1968 View Post
                  so that is what satisfies you now? Somehow I think with exact same record and no national titles you'd still be talking **** about Quinn. 3 tournaments in a row for BU- better than we have had in some time. talk to me when Norm wins a title. until then he's not even Marv Levy, who at least got to the ultimate game 4 times.
                  Not really sure what I said about Quinn other than he is a great recruiter and an incomplete/TBD as a coach. given the talent at his disposal i am not all that impressed with Quinn as a coach. And why are you boasting about three straight tournaments for BU? Using your logic it doesn't matter because Quinn doesn't have a national title either. David Quinn isn't Marv Levy either. He had Jack Eichel carry him to an almost national title.

Comment

Apropos of nothing....

1) It's snowing. Ugh.
                    2) Left work early to head over to the watch party at T's, stopped in at T Anthony's for a couple of sliced. Seriously, have they ever been entered in any of those Best Of awards? Because their pizza is exceptional.

Also, some player from UND isn't playing. Take from that what you will.

Comment

Probably just resting him for tomorrow.

Comment

Apropos of nothing....

1) It's snowing. Ugh.
                        2) Left work early to head over to the watch party at T's, stopped in at T Anthony's for a couple of sliced. Seriously, have they ever been entered in any of those Best Of awards? Because their pizza is exceptional.

Some player?

Tucker Poolman, our First Team All-NCHC Defensemen (and NCHC Defensive Defensemen of the Year), and likely NCAA All-American is out. Huge loss for North Dakota. T. Poolman is arguably our best and most important player. Yes, even more so than Brock Boeser, Tyson Jost, or Cam Johnson.

No chance for North Dakota now...good luck to BU in the Regional Final.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Lines tweaked again:
                          Harper-JFK-Roberto
                          Greenway-Carpenter-Keller
                          Bellows-Cloonan-Curry
                          Kelley-Chabot-Phelps
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            Lines tweaked again:
                            Harper-JFK-Roberto
                            Greenway-Carpenter-Keller
                            Bellows-Cloonan-Curry
                            Kelley-Chabot-Phelps
                            No one cares about the forwards. Who's on defense? Only chance of winning is with Switzer and Diffley.

Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              Who's on defense?
                              Bobby Orr and Gary Doak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                Some player?

Tucker Poolman, our First Team All-NCHC Defensemen (and NCHC Defensive Defensemen of the Year), and likely NCAA All-American is out. Huge loss for North Dakota. T. Poolman is arguably our best and most important player. Yes, even more so than Brock Boeser, Tyson Jost, or Cam Johnson.

No chance for North Dakota now...good luck to BU in the Regional Final.
                                North Dakota sandbags better than BC !!!
                                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X