Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1001

Thread: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

  1. #961
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    505
    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    John MacLeod played every game this year that he was healthy...talk about an inaccuracy
    Thank you for making my point for me so quickly (MacLeod has been at BU for three years and, in any case, it was reported that he was a healthy scratch this season). Much appreciated.

  2. #962
    Super Serial
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Back to Comm. Ave
    Posts
    2,747

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

    Quote Originally Posted by srsterrier View Post
    Thank you for making my point for me so quickly (MacLeod has been at BU for three years and, in any case, it was reported that he was a healthy scratch this season). Much appreciated.
    He also was a healthy scratch numerous times at the end of 15-16.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

  3. #963
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    [QUOTE=Tater;6475257]Obviously disappointing. Still was the 6th highest scoring and PPG on BU this year. Was a healthy scratch for 4 games and played on the 3rd line the second half of the season. Still was the #6 forward.

    Do you think he should have been benched more? Who would you put in his place?

    Cloonan played every game this year besides when he was injured. He had 0 goals. Was not drafted. Patrick Curry played every game this season. Less production than Bellows. Not drafted. By your reasoning Quinn would have benched them long ago because they don't have the "NHL draft pick" status. Yet Quinn instead benched a "NHL draft pick" that had more production than Cloonan and Curry.

    Again, what actually happens on the team doesn't fit the agenda you're pushing.[/QUOTE

    You pick one player to try to disprove what I am saying...Bellows was a healthy scratch for insubordination not poor performance even though the performance was poor...in the games he was scratched the Terriers scored 2 more goals a game than average and won every one of them...so why was he returned to the line up?..there was no other NHL forward to take his place so that argument is moot...as is your point per game argument since a number of forwards...Phelps ..Chabot..Andren got 1/10 the ice time that was given Bellows. I am not defending Cloonan his non goal scoring is laughable...but there wasn't an NHL draft pick to replace him so again your argument makes no sense....are we going by points per game now and you are going to compare guys that get two shifts a game to Bellows and his -9.

  4. #964
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by srsterrier View Post
    Thank you for making my point for me so quickly (MacLeod has been at BU for three years and, in any case, it was reported that he was a healthy scratch this season). Much appreciated.
    Well if that is what the DFP reported it must be true right know it all...except that wasn't the reason...

  5. #965
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    He also was a healthy scratch numerous times at the end of 15-16.
    Again not the reason

  6. #966
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Obviously disappointing. Still was the 6th highest scoring and PPG on BU this year. Was a healthy scratch for 4 games and played on the 3rd line the second half of the season. Still was the #6 forward.

    Do you think he should have been benched more? Who would you put in his place?

    Cloonan played every game this year besides when he was injured. He had 0 goals. Was not drafted. Patrick Curry played every game this season. Less production than Bellows. Not drafted. By your reasoning Quinn would have benched them long ago because they don't have the "NHL draft pick" status. Yet Quinn instead benched a "NHL draft pick" that had more production than Cloonan and Curry.

    Again, what actually happens on the team doesn't fit the agenda you're pushing.
    Let's play the PPG game....take out the two games where Quinn played Switzer at forward for no reason giving him two shifts in each game...and the two periods he missed at Union...he played a total of 5.1 games on D and had 4 points...that would rank him first among the D in PPG and with far less ice time in those games than the other D...guess he was such a defensive liability we just couldn't risk anymore playing time...But Bellows and his -9 is worth it...yea there is no NHL bias on this team...lol

    A much better way to judge it would be on a point per minutes played basis then I guarantee you Bellows doesn't crack the top 10
    Last edited by BUtogether; 03-30-2017 at 10:55 AM.

  7. #967
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,350

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    I think that "Chemistry" at BU is a thing of the past. Its now the Kentucky basketball version of college hockey. High end players are there for a year or two and then off to greener pastures. They are playing for the name on the back and not the name on the front. They arent in it for the program they are in it for their own personal development. Its 24 individuals playing with the same jersey on. They dont bleed red and white, they arent a fabric of the community they are just tourists stopping by for a visit. Thats why they lack personality and are unlikeable - they dont even stay long enough to get to know them.
    *yawn*

  8. #968
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,350

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    Let's play the PPG game....take out the two games where Quinn played Switzer at forward for no reason giving him two shifts in each game...and the two periods he missed at Union...he played a total of 5.1 games on D and had 4 points...that would rank him first among the D in PPG and with far less ice time in those games than the other D...guess he was such a defensive liability we just couldn't risk anymore playing time...But Bellows and his -9 is worth it...yea there is no NHL bias on this team...lol
    Dude, come on. Shane Switzer is not good.

  9. #969
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    6,895

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether

    You pick one player to try to disprove what I am saying...Bellows was a healthy scratch for insubordination not poor performance even though the performance was poor...in the games he was scratched the Terriers scored 2 more goals a game than average and won every one of them...so why was he returned to the line up?..there was no other NHL forward to take his place so that argument is moot...as is your point per game argument since a number of forwards...Phelps ..Chabot..Andren got 1/10 the ice time that was given Bellows. I am not defending Cloonan his non goal scoring is laughable...but there wasn't an NHL draft pick to replace him so again your argument makes no sense....are we going by points per game now and you are going to compare guys that get two shifts a game to Bellows and his -9.

    Actually I picked 4 players to disprove what you were saying. Cloonan and Curry were on the third line for the majority of the season as was Bellows; Curry was also on the first line for a number of games. So the comparison in playing time with those players is valid. Again, Bellows (a draft pick) was benched with higher production than Cloonan and Curry (non-NHL draft picks) who weren't benched. Greenway was benched for disciplinary reasons against PC. Add on benchings of MacLeod and your ongoing theme that draft picks get preferential treatment over non-draft picks doesn't hold water. Do you really think Phelps/Chabot/Andren would have a 7-7-14 line playing on the 3rd line and missing 5 games?

  10. #970
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Waltham, MA
    Posts
    6,895

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    Dude, come on. Shane Switzer is not good.
    Parents have rose colored glasses.

  11. #971
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,350

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

    Clayton Keller picked up his first NHL point last night, a secondary assist on the Coyotes' lone goal.

  12. #972
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,350

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Parents have rose colored glasses.
    Do you think he is a parent? At first I might have agreed, but if you believe what he posts, why would Shane Switzer's parent go watch Kotskansalo (I'm sure I spelled that incorrectly) and Crotty multiple times? Scouting the players that will take ice time away from his/her kid? That is pretty low.

  13. #973
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    Dude, come on. Shane Switzer is not good.
    The scouts disagree with you...as do the numbers ..but you are entitled to your opinion

  14. #974
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    Do you think he is a parent? At first I might have agreed, but if you believe what he posts, why would Shane Switzer's parent go watch Kotskansalo (I'm sure I spelled that incorrectly) and Crotty multiple times? Scouting the players that will take ice time away from his/her kid? That is pretty low.
    I am not a parent...and a couple of you are clueless

  15. #975
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Actually I picked 4 players to disprove what you were saying. Cloonan and Curry were on the third line for the majority of the season as was Bellows; Curry was also on the first line for a number of games. So the comparison in playing time with those players is valid. Again, Bellows (a draft pick) was benched with higher production than Cloonan and Curry (non-NHL draft picks) who weren't benched. Greenway was benched for disciplinary reasons against PC. Add on benchings of MacLeod and your ongoing theme that draft picks get preferential treatment over non-draft picks doesn't hold water. Do you really think Phelps/Chabot/Andren would have a 7-7-14 line playing on the 3rd line and missing 5 games?
    4 the umpteenth time Bellows was not benched for performance and neither was MacLeod....but just keep repeating and it becomes true right genius..and hell yes Phelps and Chabot could put up those numbers given that amount of playing time and PP time and wouldn't be a -9 doing it
    Last edited by BUtogether; 03-30-2017 at 11:15 AM.

  16. #976
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Parents have rose colored glasses.
    Again..not a parent...keep reading the hard hitting DFP and Twitter

  17. #977
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    Do you think he is a parent? At first I might have agreed, but if you believe what he posts, why would Shane Switzer's parent go watch Kotskansalo (I'm sure I spelled that incorrectly) and Crotty multiple times? Scouting the players that will take ice time away from his/her kid? That is pretty low.
    He wouldn't because I am not his parent....He sure looked good in Alberta though when he was 3rd in the league in D scoring and a +55....but at BU he clearly is no good when he plays...lol and Crotty is a shut down D

  18. #978
    The social ramble ain't restful
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Posts
    1,778

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    Let's play the PPG game....take out the two games where Quinn played Switzer at forward for no reason giving him two shifts in each game...and the two periods he missed at Union...he played a total of 5.1 games on D and had 4 points...that would rank him first among the D in PPG and with far less ice time in those games than the other D...guess he was such a defensive liability we just couldn't risk anymore playing time...But Bellows and his -9 is worth it...yea there is no NHL bias on this team...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    The scouts disagree with you...as do the numbers ..but you are entitled to your opinion
    This being he case, it seems like the thing for Shane to do is transfer to another school. With his PPG stats and the approval of scouts, and the fact he still has two years of eligibility, there must be many D1 schools who would be interested in him. New coaches at Michigan State, RPI, UNO-Omaha, maybe a new coach at Michigan. Maybe they'd have interest.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

  19. #979
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by buoldtimer View Post
    This being he case, it seems like the thing for Shane to do is transfer to another school. With his PPG stats and the approval of scouts, and the fact he still has two years of eligibility, there must be many D1 schools who would be interested in him. New coaches at Michigan State, RPI, UNO-Omaha, maybe a new coach at Michigan. Maybe they'd have interest.
    Someone with an actual brain..interesting...I would say from what I'm hearing through the grapevine that could quite possibly already be in the works
    Last edited by BUtogether; 03-30-2017 at 11:27 AM.

  20. #980
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    BU
    Posts
    2,350

    Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

    Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    The scouts disagree with you...as do the numbers ..but you are entitled to your opinion
    Half of your posts on this board have been about how bad the scouts are. But you think the scouts are right when it comes to Switzer?

    Look, I think Switzer is a nice little player. He made a couple nice plays in the offensive zone this season, and I think it is great that BU can have a competent player as their eighth d-man. But he has tripped over the blue line far too many times and failed to keep the puck in the zone on an easy pass back to the point way too many times for me to call him a good player, or a player that deserves ice time over the seven guys ahead of him.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •