Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
    John MacLeod played every game this year that he was healthy...talk about an inaccuracy
    Thank you for making my point for me so quickly (MacLeod has been at BU for three years and, in any case, it was reported that he was a healthy scratch this season). Much appreciated.

Comment

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
      Thank you for making my point for me so quickly (MacLeod has been at BU for three years and, in any case, it was reported that he was a healthy scratch this season). Much appreciated.
      He also was a healthy scratch numerous times at the end of 15-16.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tater;6475257]Obviously disappointing. Still was the 6th highest scoring and PPG on BU this year. Was a healthy scratch for 4 games and played on the 3rd line the second half of the season. Still was the #6 forward.

Do you think he should have been benched more? Who would you put in his place?

Cloonan played every game this year besides when he was injured. He had 0 goals. Was not drafted. Patrick Curry played every game this season. Less production than Bellows. Not drafted. By your reasoning Quinn would have benched them long ago because they don't have the "NHL draft pick" status. Yet Quinn instead benched a "NHL draft pick" that had more production than Cloonan and Curry.

Again, what actually happens on the team doesn't fit the agenda you're pushing.[/QUOTE

You pick one player to try to disprove what I am saying...Bellows was a healthy scratch for insubordination not poor performance even though the performance was poor...in the games he was scratched the Terriers scored 2 more goals a game than average and won every one of them...so why was he returned to the line up?..there was no other NHL forward to take his place so that argument is moot...as is your point per game argument since a number of forwards...Phelps ..Chabot..Andren got 1/10 the ice time that was given Bellows. I am not defending Cloonan his non goal scoring is laughable...but there wasn't an NHL draft pick to replace him so again your argument makes no sense....are we going by points per game now and you are going to compare guys that get two shifts a game to Bellows and his -9.

Comment

• Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
          Well if that is what the DFP reported it must be true right know it all...except that wasn't the reason...

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            He also was a healthy scratch numerous times at the end of 15-16.
            Again not the reason

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
              Obviously disappointing. Still was the 6th highest scoring and PPG on BU this year. Was a healthy scratch for 4 games and played on the 3rd line the second half of the season. Still was the #6 forward.

Do you think he should have been benched more? Who would you put in his place?

Cloonan played every game this year besides when he was injured. He had 0 goals. Was not drafted. Patrick Curry played every game this season. Less production than Bellows. Not drafted. By your reasoning Quinn would have benched them long ago because they don't have the "NHL draft pick" status. Yet Quinn instead benched a "NHL draft pick" that had more production than Cloonan and Curry.

Again, what actually happens on the team doesn't fit the agenda you're pushing.
              Let's play the PPG game....take out the two games where Quinn played Switzer at forward for no reason giving him two shifts in each game...and the two periods he missed at Union...he played a total of 5.1 games on D and had 4 points...that would rank him first among the D in PPG and with far less ice time in those games than the other D...guess he was such a defensive liability we just couldn't risk anymore playing time...But Bellows and his -9 is worth it...yea there is no NHL bias on this team...lol

A much better way to judge it would be on a point per minutes played basis then I guarantee you Bellows doesn't crack the top 10
              Last edited by BUtogether; 03-30-2017, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                I think that "Chemistry" at BU is a thing of the past. Its now the Kentucky basketball version of college hockey. High end players are there for a year or two and then off to greener pastures. They are playing for the name on the back and not the name on the front. They arent in it for the program they are in it for their own personal development. Its 24 individuals playing with the same jersey on. They dont bleed red and white, they arent a fabric of the community they are just tourists stopping by for a visit. Thats why they lack personality and are unlikeable - they dont even stay long enough to get to know them.
                *yawn*

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                  Let's play the PPG game....take out the two games where Quinn played Switzer at forward for no reason giving him two shifts in each game...and the two periods he missed at Union...he played a total of 5.1 games on D and had 4 points...that would rank him first among the D in PPG and with far less ice time in those games than the other D...guess he was such a defensive liability we just couldn't risk anymore playing time...But Bellows and his -9 is worth it...yea there is no NHL bias on this team...lol
                  Dude, come on. Shane Switzer is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether

You pick one player to try to disprove what I am saying...Bellows was a healthy scratch for insubordination not poor performance even though the performance was poor...in the games he was scratched the Terriers scored 2 more goals a game than average and won every one of them...so why was he returned to the line up?..there was no other NHL forward to take his place so that argument is moot...as is your point per game argument since a number of forwards...Phelps ..Chabot..Andren got 1/10 the ice time that was given Bellows. I am not defending Cloonan his non goal scoring is laughable...but there wasn't an NHL draft pick to replace him so again your argument makes no sense....are we going by points per game now and you are going to compare guys that get two shifts a game to Bellows and his -9.

Actually I picked 4 players to disprove what you were saying. Cloonan and Curry were on the third line for the majority of the season as was Bellows; Curry was also on the first line for a number of games. So the comparison in playing time with those players is valid. Again, Bellows (a draft pick) was benched with higher production than Cloonan and Curry (non-NHL draft picks) who weren't benched. Greenway was benched for disciplinary reasons against PC. Add on benchings of MacLeod and your ongoing theme that draft picks get preferential treatment over non-draft picks doesn't hold water. Do you really think Phelps/Chabot/Andren would have a 7-7-14 line playing on the 3rd line and missing 5 games?

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                      Parents have rose colored glasses.

Comment

Clayton Keller picked up his first NHL point last night, a secondary assist on the Coyotes' lone goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          Parents have rose colored glasses.
                          Do you think he is a parent? At first I might have agreed, but if you believe what he posts, why would Shane Switzer's parent go watch Kotskansalo (I'm sure I spelled that incorrectly) and Crotty multiple times? Scouting the players that will take ice time away from his/her kid? That is pretty low.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                            The scouts disagree with you...as do the numbers ..but you are entitled to your opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                              Do you think he is a parent? At first I might have agreed, but if you believe what he posts, why would Shane Switzer's parent go watch Kotskansalo (I'm sure I spelled that incorrectly) and Crotty multiple times? Scouting the players that will take ice time away from his/her kid? That is pretty low.
                              I am not a parent...and a couple of you are clueless

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                Actually I picked 4 players to disprove what you were saying. Cloonan and Curry were on the third line for the majority of the season as was Bellows; Curry was also on the first line for a number of games. So the comparison in playing time with those players is valid. Again, Bellows (a draft pick) was benched with higher production than Cloonan and Curry (non-NHL draft picks) who weren't benched. Greenway was benched for disciplinary reasons against PC. Add on benchings of MacLeod and your ongoing theme that draft picks get preferential treatment over non-draft picks doesn't hold water. Do you really think Phelps/Chabot/Andren would have a 7-7-14 line playing on the 3rd line and missing 5 games?
                                4 the umpteenth time Bellows was not benched for performance and neither was MacLeod....but just keep repeating and it becomes true right genius..and hell yes Phelps and Chabot could put up those numbers given that amount of playing time and PP time and wouldn't be a -9 doing it
                                Last edited by BUtogether; 03-30-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X