Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Especially hockey, where one bounce can change everything.
    Hello, Matt O'Connor! ;-)
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
      Would we agree that if this game were at a true neutral site that BU would have an edge over ND? By any measurement, BU is the superior team, though I think ND is on the upswing.

The true threat is Duluth. I think BU has more problems with that team.
      Agree on Duluth, but they're the reward after dealing with North Dakota in North Dakota, should all the pieces fall into place on Friday. Personally, I think North Dakota beats Duluth in the regional final. They haven't beaten Duluth in five tries, including last Saturday. Sound familiar? And they'll be at home (more or less).

Another thing that concerns me is the 2pm start time. For a team that seems to not start playing till after 8pm, this could be an issue. Also, as the 2/3 game, why is this NOT the second game? Did I already ask that? I may have. Apologies but I don't think I actually got an answer.

Comment

Given how you guys are playing and that UND just beat Denver and went toe to toe with UMD...you could play at Agganis and I wouldn't call BU a favorite. If you somehow get to the FF, it will be one of the more impressive regional performances I can recall.

On that note, when is the last time BU went to a MW/West regional and won a game/advanced to FF? Obviously not much bearing on this year but still curious. I know BC won 4 games in 99/00 out west against western teams to advance to the FF both years.

Comment

So BU moves up a notch to #6 in both polls, leapfrogging Union. Surprising.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

On that note, when is the last time BU went to a MW/West regional and won a game/advanced to FF? Obviously not much bearing on this year but still curious. I know BC won 4 games in 99/00 out west against western teams to advance to the FF both years.
            That would be never.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
              Would we agree that if this game were at a true neutral site that BU would have an edge over ND?
              I would agree if I were only looking on paper. I don't agree using the "eyeball test." Paper is quantitative and watching is more subjective, but the only thing that matters is RESULTS. It really doesn't matter who you play at this point. One loss and you're done. 6-1 is better than 5-4-1. So until some of those "stats" and "talent" turn into wins, I'm going with what my eyes tell me.

I DO agree about Duluth, but, as Gene Hackman said, "There's a condition in tournament play that you don't think about the next hurdle until you clear the one in front of you." So let's just keep all the thoughts about the next game way in the back of our minds and focus on this one...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                I'm not going to go back and check, but I would guess (and would probably be right more often than not) that if you took most of the national champions and looked at their results, they would have been trending "upwards" and/or playing well at the end of the season.
                I'm not going to check either, but you only have to go back to 2015 when Providence went 8-7-1 before the NCAA Tournament to find a national champion not trending "upwards."

Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Um...it hasn't happened often...

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                    I'm not going to check either, but you only have to go back to 2015 when Providence went 8-7-1 before the NCAA Tournament to find a national champion not trending "upwards."

Sean
                    I said "most." Not "all."

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      So BU moves up a notch to #6 in both polls, leapfrogging Union. Surprising.
                      I wasn't surprised. Union lost their SF game by 3 goals and BU snuck by them by only 4 points. The 2 teams below them, Western Michigan lost twice and Cornell lost once.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Given how you guys are playing and that UND just beat Denver and went toe to toe with UMD...you could play at Agganis and I wouldn't call BU a favorite. If you somehow get to the FF, it will be one of the more impressive regional performances I can recall.

Different format but in my memory 1972 forward I would say Mich St 1990

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                          2013 Yale, 5-7 going into the tournament.

2011 UM-Duluth: 4-5 going into the tournament

2008 BC: 5-4-1 going into the tournament. (but winning last 5)

Most of the 09, 10, 12, 15, 16 teams were on major runs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                            Different format but in my memory 1972 forward I would say Mich St 1990
                            Ah, how could I forget that?? defkit made that trip. He needs to reminisce here about it.

I think I was thinking regional sites. Since they went to that format (the two super regionals and then the four regionals) all of BU's trips to the Frozen Four have come out of the east.

Comment

Ok Ok! You have all convinced me that UND will score the first goal(because BU hasn't for a while) and go onto win the game(because BU's record lately is lacking).

Thanks for the pep talk!

Comment

Originally posted by MplsSioux View Post
                                Ok Ok! You have all convinced me that UND will score the first goal(because BU hasn't for a while) and go onto win the game(because BU's record lately is lacking).

Thanks for the pep talk!
                                Glad we could help you there.

Comment

Working...
                                X