Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Y'all ever get tired of getting calls in overtime?
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      Don't forget we had to travel more than halfway across the country and NoDak got to sleep in their own beds and take a little bus ride. That's the kind of thing that is going to show at the end of a high adrenaline game.
      Yes. Also, this was the FIRST "one and done" game this team has ever had to play. There were in the NCAAs no matter what happened in ANY of the rounds of the Hockey East playoffs. I was there last Friday and this team was pouring it on at the end (the fact that they had to do that is another issue entirely)...no signs of being gassed at all. But...anxiety and pressure cause fatigue.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
        Don't forget we had to travel more than halfway across the country and NoDak got to sleep in their own beds and take a little bus ride. That's the kind of thing that is going to show at the end of a high adrenaline game.
        Good point too.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Had to leave after the 1st OT, drove across town & picked up daughter from play practice - - got home and - - we won?!?!?

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          taking a job overseas. heading out after tyler's graduation (high school!!). how you been man? never around
          1) Job overseas -- Congrats! I hope they treat you right. And I hope it's somewhere that comes with a maid. Livin' the dream!, we used to say.

2) High school grad -- So your boy's a senior? That's crazy. My girl is a junior. We're heading out to NY and Philly next week in fact to look at colleges.

3) Me -- Playing the horns, playing kids' chauffeur all over town, etc. I barely have time to check Twitter for updates, can't hang with you professionals in here.
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Congratulations to the Terriers. Tough game to lose, but so it goes. Good luck the rest of the way.
            Thanks FS23. Sioux fans have always been classy when I've met them. (Almost said "surprisingly classy" )
            Bugs Bunny - 96
            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
              Thanks FS23. Sioux fans have always been classy when I've met them. (Almost said "surprisingly classy" )
              Anytime. FWIW, almost every college hockey fan I've met in person has been great. It's one of the things that I absolutely love about our little niche sport.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                Had to leave after ...
                philly & ny?!!? money is no object

and yes, all the housing we are looking at has maid quarters. reading live in's run $200/mo and are from the philippines. works for mookie!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

"let's go to the highlights...... and jacob karlson in for the goal to make it 3 to 1"

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    "let's go to the highlights...... and jacob karlson in for the goal to make it 3 to 1"

Also, it was apparently Ryan Cloonan that was checked into the glass that shattered.

Comment

Yeah, I caught that. Funny.

Comment

What the hell is Melrose wearing?
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

It wouldn't be the tournament without a bunch of Melrose-isms and some Starman.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                            It wouldn't be the tournament without a bunch of Melrose-isms and some Starman.
                            hey, at least starman cut that front to back comb over. vast improvement

Comment

- So, that was the worst game I have seen BU play in a long time. I don't know if it was the game plan or ineptitude, but save for a few minutes overall, the ice was tilted so much that it really looked like an AHL team playing against a D-3 team. I mean the inability to get the puck out was mind boggling. And when we did get it out, it came right back in, again, and again, and again. At least half the time UND was in our zone, they looked like they had a power play. I'm still stunned we scored 4 goals. The shots on goal were more than 2-1, and I think they aren't as bad as how it really was.
                              - What you can you say about Oettinger. He came up huge. Glad to see him get his mojo back.
                              - I'll keep my thought about long-term coaching out for now, but for this game, our coaching was terrible. Guys late getting on the ice for changes, giving them brief man advantages. Timing of line changes in general almost came back to bite us. How does Greenway still take such a dumb penalty in OT, wiping out a PP? He's a sophomore for crying out loud. And just going back to the inability to break the puck out. What is that? Is that talent? I think it has to be the coaching. Then the fatigue set in, and Quinn finally had to start giving the 4th line a shift (never all at once).I think Chabot had no shifts in the 2nd 3rd, or OT periods. It's not sustainable. Given how bad the other guys looked out there, I don't understand why he wouldn't get the 4th liners out more.
                              - I'm thrilled we won, but this was a stolen game if there every was one. I hope they can find some more magic tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.
                              - Oh and I guess Sean and BUTogether need to redo all the stat arguments, now that McAvoy scored a goal.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

hey, at least starman cut that front to back comb over. vast improvement
                                And seems to have replaced it with a closely cropped set of hair implant plugs....

Comment

Working...
                                X