Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    I'm just saying being youngest team in country doesn't really matter all that much. BC has won big the last 20 years and have routinely been youngest team or top 3 youngest. Other programs win with older players. No one way to do it. Just pointing out that being young is more of an excuse than a problem.

The programs that get the best talent will always be youngest teams.
    As much as I hate to admit it, your success over the past 20 years has everything to do with the man standing behind the bench.
    Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by wysi View Post
      As much as I hate to admit it, your success over the past 20 years has everything to do with the man standing behind the bench.
      Well yes, just like lowell's has to do with bazin. My point is if you were to look at the youngest teams every year...it's always the same teams. You can win that way. Some coaches might be better at doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
        It's the new reality under Quinn...doesn't have to be this way..Lowell seems to be doing quite well ...imagine if you recruited those type of players and added a couple of superstars like Keller..Fabbro and Oettinger
        wait so now everybody on this site wants us to be Lowell? Really? one frozen four appearance with NO wins in the Frozen Four like Lowell? Eichel or not, Quinn has already done better than that. Or you wanna be PC- win a National championship handed to you and then fall back to the pack?
        My God people we have it good. Everybody says "oh we knew this wasn't going to be the best BU team ever." well it wasn't but they have been pretty good=#7 in the Nation. Maybe not as well as we liked or expected but not bad. Maybe we get lucky and win on the road- maybe not. But continue to recruit as well as Quinn does and we will always be in the mix.
        Or we can be like Lowell and NEVER WIN A FROZEN FOUR GAME!!!!
        Now Lowell is who BU wants to be like. My God people- stop the whining and insanity!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by christos1968 View Post
          Now Lowell is who BU wants to be like. My God people- stop the whining and insanity!!!!!
          Nah, they just want a coach who can do his job on the ice at a higher level than prime Tim Whitehead.
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Is there any update on whether Olsson will be playing tomorrow? I think the fact that he was on the ice earlier this week (despite the non-contact jersey) means there's a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
              Nah, they just want a coach who can do his job on the ice at a higher level than prime Tim Whitehead.
              You mean like your coach WHO HAS NEVER WON A FROZEN FOUR GAME!!! great coaching. Get to the Finals some year and then you can start chirping. Until then you're a middling D-1 program on a nice run the last few years, soon to be back down in UNH territory where you started from

Comment

Originally posted by christos1968 View Post
                You mean like your coach WHO IS THE BEST COACH IN THE COUNTRY!!! great coaching. Get to the Finals some year and then you can start chirping. Until then you're a middling D-1 program on a nice run the last few years, soon to be back down in UNH territory where you started from
                Fixed your post, stupid. That's a fact, by the way. Not an opinion.
                Lowell Forever
                Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                  would Bazin sit a player for a month who scored 3 goals in two games for a guy who's done nothing just because he was an NHL draft pick?
                  You keep cherry picking a few facts to show how great Switzer is. What about the other 4 games he played defense? How many goals did he score? How many assists did he have? How many goals did he allow the other team to score in all 6 games (they are called defensemen for a reason, even though you ignore that)?

And going back to your cherry picked blocked shots stat, I looked at the advanced metrics some more. Why didn’t you mention Switzer’s missed shots percentage of 41.7%, far higher than BU’s top 6 D average of 21.5%.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                    Is there any update on whether Olsson will be playing tomorrow? I think the fact that he was on the ice earlier this week (despite the non-contact jersey) means there's a chance?
                    Quinn said on the Inside BU Hockey episode with Bernie that he's not ready for game action yet.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                      You keep cherry picking a few facts to show how great Switzer is. What about the other 4 games he played defense? How many goals did he score? How many assists did he have? How many goals did he allow the other team to score in all 6 games (they are called defensemen for a reason, even though you ignore that)?

And going back to your cherry picked blocked shots stat, I looked at the advanced metrics some more. Why didn’t you mention Switzer’s missed shots percentage of 41.7%, far higher than BU’s top 6 D average of 21.5%.

Sean
                      I don't suppose you keep stats on the number of times each player has tripped over the blue line? I think Switzer leads the team in this category, as well. By a large margin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                        3 goals on 12 shots and he has the highest miss% on the team?....what is he missing the goalie or the other teams shin pads? So he has played 5 games and one period on defense and has 4 points but if he doesn't score every game he's no good but the guy with 4 goals in 38 games is an offensive defenseman...and the other guy with 10 points in 38 games is highly skilled ...I give up you win...you have convinced me..can't see it any other way but the way you see...you are a true hockey genius and master statistician...can't wait to hear how many people were at the 1968 alumni game....did you ever figure out how many goals BU scores a game when Switzer and Diffley both play D or what BU's record is when they both play D?...because clearly you can't win with them in the line up right?
                        Last edited by BUtogether; 03-24-2017, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          I don't suppose you keep stats on the number of times each player has tripped over the blue line? I think Switzer leads the team in this category, as well. By a large margin.
                          There is a defenseman who leads the team in pratfalls on the blue line for breakaways and it certainly isn't Switzer..but you just keep making things up...yuck yuck

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                            FYI....blocked shots and missed shots are counted seperately....so the top 6 aren't getting shots to the net 56 % of the time not 21.5%...meaningless stat anyway because sometimes the smart play is to miss the net on purpose for a redirect or to avoid a blocked shot...you really don't know anything about hockey do you?....you really should stick to counting attendance or tracking wins and losses it's more your speed

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Quinn said on the Inside BU Hockey episode with Bernie that he's not ready for game action yet.
                              That's a shame because he was a huge loss for this team..energy and leadership

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                                Fixed your post, stupid. That's a fact, by the way. Not an opinion.
                                Best coach? 1 Frozen 4. 0 Frozen 4 wins. 0 National Championships.
                                So I guess by your logic UMass Lowell is also the greatest academic institution in the land?
                                Shut up and win something before crowning your coach the best.
                                I guess the numbers must not be true. Who's stupid? Worry about beating Cornell and maybe making it out of your mom's basement instead of being on the BU site.

Comment

Working...
                                X