Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Also, how nuts is this that we're in OT for the second game too.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
      And seems to have replaced it with a closely cropped set of hair implant plugs....
      i think those are the same roots that created the front-to-back vs a traditional side-to-side. he has a strange bald pattern working there. poor guy...
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

And seems to have replaced it with a closely cropped set of hair implant plugs....
        C'mon, man....it's tough when you get older and start losing your hair. Trust me...

Comment

keep em going!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Looks like a Duluth win...because Ohio State has already hit two posts (and didn't score on an insane save) and usually when that happens the other team comes down and scores.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Looks like a Duluth win...because Ohio State has already hit two posts (and didn't score on an insane save) and usually when that happens the other team comes down and scores.
              You know it. And it will be on some weird bounce or shot from center ice, nothing normal.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Cause when we hit the post earlier tonight, NoDak immediately came down the ice and won the game.

Comment

They didn't call that (when the Ohio State guy got CRUSHED into the boards while on his knees) but that called that cheap one on Greenway????

Comment

Cause when we hit the post earlier tonight, NoDak immediately came down the ice and won the game.
                    NO, because North Dakota was in our end the entire game and we came down on one rush and won the game.

Comment

NO, because North Dakota was in our end the entire game and we came down on one rush and won the game.
                      So you're saying there's a chance OSU could win here.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        I mean the inability to get the puck out was mind boggling.
                        I noticed this last Friday night. Time after time, right in front of me they would throw it up along the wall and then from just inside the blue line try to get one up along the right boards (either off the glass or directly) to a wing basically standing on the red line and then he would try to skate it in. Over and over and over and over and over. After a while it's pretty easy to read. They NEVER break it out up the middle (I realize that's more "dangerous" but not when you telegraph the play every time). BC would just stick a forechecker along the wall and the play got broken up almost every time.

I don't know what the answer is. I think, truthfully, it's a combination of the scheme and a slight hesitancy, for whatever reason, by the d-men. They don't move it quite quickly enough. It was exacerbated tonight because North Dakota really had a jump and was all over us.

Comment

So you're saying there's a chance OSU could win here.

No...I'm saying what just happened.

Comment

Well done deal now. We play a hopefully equally weary UMD tomorrow.

Comment

A few thoughts
                              1. Go Terriers (whew) !
                              2. video review on an offside 30 seconds before a GW Goal shouldn't be used to wave off a goal. I don't care if it benefits my team, that offside had zero impact on the potential GWG play.
                              3. **** you, ESPN. I recorded the game and they switched from a 2OT hockey game to a women's bball sweet 16 game. If you're going to commit to put hockey on ESPN2, put hockey on ESPN2. This Match-up was so big that it was the only regional semi on a real ESPN channel. So I missed the GWG.
                              4. Lol at the **** talk on McAvoy and 'Somersby'.
                              5. Thank JFC for Jake. Very DiPietro-esque, except we won that game (I lived in Seattle at the time and my only update feed for the game was this very message board).
                              6. Despite this being a home game for the SooHawks, I have a ton of respect for UND fans and they deserved a better fate. 2 years ago at the Garden, I chatted with this bear of a guy in the Sioux corner suite after our win and he was the nicest guy, even in defeat. Flash forward to Saturday night, my crying 7 year old and I are trudging through the crowd at North Station and who spots is and gives us a huge hug, this same Sioux guy. Class. He said to me "you guys will be back" and I told him his would too. They win the whole thing in 2016. Let's not waste this tremendous opportunity. Go Terriers!

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                I noticed this last Friday night. Time after time, right in front of me they would throw it up along the wall and then from just inside the blue line try to get one up along the right boards (either off the glass or directly) to a wing basically standing on the red line and then he would try to skate it in. Over and over and over and over and over. After a while it's pretty easy to read. They NEVER break it out up the middle (I realize that's more "dangerous" but not when you telegraph the play every time). BC would just stick a forechecker along the wall and the play got broken up almost every time.

I don't know what the answer is. I think, truthfully, it's a combination of the scheme and a slight hesitancy, for whatever reason, by the d-men. They don't move it quite quickly enough. It was exacerbated tonight because North Dakota really had a jump and was all over us.
                                It is called D men not skilled enough to read the play....but Charlie is NHL ready...signed Switzer's Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X