Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

McAvoy's gone. I'm holding out home that Hickey decides to stay for his Senior year. I feel that's the most important "stay" right now.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      McAvoy's gone. I'm holding out home that Hickey decides to stay for his Senior year. I feel that's the most important "stay" right now.
      If he leaves can I have your home?

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        If he leaves can I have your home?

Sean
        You can hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
          I hope he stays, but with what we have returning and who is coming in, I think we will still be all set on D.

JFK is the most important "stay" in my book. If we lose Keller, Greenway, and JFK, I will have concerns about our offense next year just as I had this season.
          Last edited by Tater; 03-27-2017, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
            I hope he stays, but with what we have returning and who is coming in, I think we will still be all set on D.

JFK is the most important "stay" in my book. If we lose Keller, Greenway, and JFK, I will have concerns about our offense next year just as I had this season.
            I wouldn't be shocked if Hickey returns. Ditto with JFK, although I think he's a higher flight risk.

I think Greenway should return for 1 more year, especially given his inconsistent play following the WJCs, but I think he's likely to go and is also the most physically ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by christos1968 View Post
              Another great year by norm. Adding to that frozen for win total. Let's see including today's game ......that would still be zero total frozen four wins. Best coach in the nation and yet unable to win a frozen four game. Unable to beat a number four seed in basically a home game 30 miles from his arena. Yes we should all aspire to be as good as UMass Lowell.
              Normile?
              Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                Normile?
                I see what you did there.
                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

hope as many come back as possible, but there wasn't a lot of improvement individually.

jfk went from 30 pts last year to 33 this season.
                  greenway 26 to 31.
                  bobo 12 goals to 14.
                  cloonan 14pts to 6.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

incoming (for now...)

Shane Bowers-LC 10/27/2016 2017 Waterloo (USHL) 6' 179 7/30/1999
                    Kasper Kotkasalo-LD 7/25/2016 2017 Sioux Falls (USHL) 6'2 190 11/18/1998
                    Ty Amonte-RW 1/29/2016 2017 Penticton (BCHL) 5'11 185 1/11/1998
                    Brady Tkachuk-LW 5/10/2015 2017 USNDP U18 (USHL) 5'9 155 9/16/1999
                    Logan Cockerill-RW 3/14/2015 2017 USNDP U18 (USHL) 5'8 150 3/3/1999
                    David Farrance-LD 9/13/2014 2017 USNDP U18 (USHL) 5'11 170 6/23/1999
                    Henry Crone-LC 4/8/2014 2017 Fargo (USHL) 5'8 160 2/19/1998
                    Cameron Crotty-RD 10/31/2016 2017 or 2018 Brockville (CJHL) 6'2 188 5/5/1999

8 freshmen
                    6 would be seniors
                    8 would be sophomores (unless jake leaves after being drafted high by someone who wants him elsewhere)
                    6 juniors (without charlie.... couple more pending leaving of course)

depth has been a problem.
                    sure hope GQ doesn't send anyone to quinnipiac

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      hope as many come back as possible, but there wasn't a lot of improvement individually.

jfk went from 30 pts last year to 33 this season.
                      greenway 26 to 31.
                      bobo 12 goals to 14.
                      cloonan 14pts to 6.
                      McAvoy 25 to 26...most 2nd assists on a dreadful first PP...clearly first team all Hockey East

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                        McAvoy 25 to 26...most 2nd assists on a dreadful first PP...clearly first team all Hockey East
                        kids who have left are not really a concern for next season.

and aren't you dead yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                          Unlike last year, when 2nd assists on the Power Play were not counted.

First it's his lack of goals, now it's that his assists aren't really that good either. This obsession is getting a little ridiculous.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

What year did BU lose to Minnesota in the NCAAs when they were at campus sites? Was it 86 or 87?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              What year did BU lose to Minnesota in the NCAAs when they were at campus sites? Was it 86 or 87?
                              It was 1986, a week after beating BC, 9-4 for HE title. Quinn, Young, Cullen, Donatelli, Taillafer, etc.

The previous season had a forfeit win against Michigan Tech in which MTU left the ice trailing 5-1. What was the issue?
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Unlike last year, when 2nd assists on the Power Play were not counted.

First it's his lack of goals, now it's that his assists aren't really that good either. This obsession is getting a little ridiculous.
                                He had most of his points last year on secondary assists also but the first unit PP was better with Matt running it...and 8 goals in two years is not very good for a so called #1 elite defenseman nor is 51 points in 2 years...and if you think he was a shut down D then you weren't watching....sorry if I judge play on the ice by watching not listening to non stop praise from the NHL USA propoganda machine...he was a young very talented D man who was handed the number #1 spot but did not play or produce as a college #1....doesn't mean he won't be a good NHL D when they reign him in but he is not a big loss for BU...the obsession is with non stop praise..not me...this team will be much more productive from the back end with Fabbro running the first PP unit and picking up more of McAvoy's minutes.
                                Last edited by BUtogether; 03-28-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X