Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

There seem to be a lot of "predictions" of a BU/Cornell matchup in Providence, citing the "rivalry." I don't know, but I don't see where in this situation the fact that it's a rivalry would have much effect on attendance. If you're going to go to a regional to root for your team (especially if you are going to travel and stay for potentially two games), I don't think who you may be playing would be a big concern.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      I think Denver gets screwed being #1 in the country and having to go to Fargo where they could potentially play ND in what would amount to a home game.
      I agree, they shouldn't have to go to Fargo, especially when UMD can bus to Fargo. For the committee there's no difference between putting DU in Fargo or Cincinnati unless they want to keep Ohio State closer to home to get more fans. Then you're protecting the 15 seed in favor of the 1 seed. Bad precedent.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        I think Denver gets screwed being #1 in the country and having to go to Fargo where they could potentially play ND in what would amount to a home game.
        True, but we had to beat UNH in Manchester in 2009. I can't remember if we were the top overall seed though. Would it be fair to have Denver play Ohio State in Cincinnati? It all depends on whether the committee wants to keep Providence in Providence, and make other selections based on attendance (like Ohio State). Also, 3 eastern teams as number 2 seeds, so I shipped lowest seeded Union west.

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
          True, but we had to beat UNH in Manchester in 2009. I can't remember if we were the top overall seed though. Would it be fair to have Denver play Ohio State in Cincinnati? It all depends on whether the committee wants to keep Providence in Providence, and make other selections based on attendance (like Ohio State). Also, 3 eastern teams as number 2 seeds, so I shipped lowest seeded Union west.
          Yes, BU was the #1 overall seed in 2009 and had to first play #15 overall Ohio State in the first round as #2 overall was Notre Dame who got #16 overall Bemidji State. That worked out well for BU, but as noted BU then got New Hampshire, who beat North Dakota, in the second round.

And remember it was just two years ago that #15 overall Providence got to play in Providence in #4 overall Miami's bracket.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

So far, most of the college hockey media that have done projections have BU in Providence playing Penn State.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              switzerdad
              Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
              Not even close Nookie...just someone who knows hockey and doesn't fall for the NHL draft pick bs...enjoy watching Lowell keep winning 🏆
              BUtogether, maybe you're Switer's dad, maybe you're not. Either way you lobby for him and trash talk other BU defensemen quite a bit and you make no attempt to disguise your disgust for Coach Quinn. As for your claims that you know so much about hockey... well that is, um, bull****.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                So far, most of the college hockey media that have done projections have BU in Providence playing Penn State.
                Well, color me confused.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  Well, color me confused.

Sean
                  Yeah, I am not really following the USCHO bracketology prediction at all. He is predicting Union, a lower team than BU, gets to stay east and play a lower team than BU's opponent. Switching BU and Union seems totally fair. And then from there you can even switch BU and Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                    BUtogether, maybe you're Switer's dad, maybe you're not. Either way you lobby for him and trash talk other BU defensemen quite a bit and you make no attempt to disguise your disgust for Coach Quinn. As for your claims that you know so much about hockey... well that is, um, bull****.

Sean
                    If I was Switzer's dad he wouldn't be at BU anymore based on what I have witnessed...he has produced more in 4 games than most teams 5th and 6th D have combined for the year .DQ may have all you hockey experts fooled but the NHL is not fooled....what trash talk have I talked about Somersby ..Hickey or Fabbro?...Somersby is the best defensive defenseman on the team an is a stalwart on the PK....Hickey has a great compete level and has had a nice bounceback year...Fabbro is the best passing D man on the team and should be running the first PP Unit...Krys was atrocious the first half of the year...picked it up after the WJC but wasn't very good again against ND or BC...not an automatic in the line up guy by any means at this point....McAvoy isn't a # 1 at this level by any measure unless you are measuring puck lugging and bad dzone coverage...Diffley and MacLeod are decent D1 defenseman but other than an occasional rocket by MacLeod don't create any offense or possession...Switzer seems to produce offense every time he is given a chance to play and I am not seeing anything that would make him a defensive liability.

As for Quinn...is it acceptable to you to have the preseason #1 or #2 team in the country and end up stumbling at the end of every season?..If so good for you..I expect more...I expect a team to play with passion and heart for 60 minutes not just the last 10...I expect a team loaded with all this supposed skill to score more goals not rely on Oettinger every game...I expect Diffley and Switzer to get more games if for no other reason then to send a message when you don't play well....since you are such a stat guy Pickett...why don't you tell me what BU's record is with both Diffley and Switzer in at D not this two shifts at forward crap he has pulled on both of them ...and while you are at it tell how many goals game BU scores when they both play D vs When they don't....possession numbers?....%number of shots that get blocked....cmon superstat guy show me how much I don't know....sorry I don't need Twitter and the DFP to tell me who's good...anyone remember when Andren was a 2nd line guy destined for greatness...to bad he wasn't an NHL draft pick or he'd still be out there.
                    Last edited by BUtogether; 03-19-2017, 03:36 AM.

Comment

....what trash talk have I talked about Somersby .. ...Somersby is the best defensive defenseman on the team an is a stalwart on the PK....
                      Um, Mr. BU Hockey Expert ... you might want to try and get the team captain's name right.

Comment

Don't worry jack wagon...not a fan of Lowell at all other than your coach does things the right way...sadly if BU is going to continue with this entitled NHL farm team approach there will be many more beatings from Lowell headed BU's way
                        BU is 5-5-1 over the last 4 years vs Lowell including 1-1 this year with a two goal win and a one goal loss. Beatings ?

Comment

If I was Switzer's dad he wouldn't be at BU anymore based on what I have witnessed...he has produced more in 4 games than most teams 5th and 6th D have combined for the year .DQ may have all you hockey experts fooled but the NHL is not fooled....what trash talk have I talked about Somersby ..Hickey or Fabbro?...Somersby is the best defensive defenseman on the team an is a stalwart on the PK....Hickey has a great compete level and has had a nice bounceback year...Fabbro is the best passing D man on the team and should be running the first PP Unit...Krys was atrocious the first half of the year...picked it up after the WJC but wasn't very good again against ND or BC...not an automatic in the line up guy by any means at this point....McAvoy isn't a # 1 at this level by any measure unless you are measuring puck lugging and bad dzone coverage...Diffley and MacLeod are decent D1 defenseman but other than an occasional rocket by MacLeod don't create any offense or possession...Switzer seems to produce offense every time he is given a chance to play and I am not seeing anything that would make him a defensive liability.

As for Quinn...is it acceptable to you to have the preseason #1 or #2 team in the country and end up stumbling at the end of every season?..If so good for you..I expect more...I expect a team to play with passion and heart for 60 minutes not just the last 10...I expect a team loaded with all this supposed skill to score more goals not rely on Oettinger every game...I expect Diffley and Switzer to get more games if for no other reason then to send a message when you don't play well....since you are such a stat guy Pickett...why don't you tell me what BU's record is with both Diffley and Switzer in at D not this two shifts at forward crap he has pulled on both of them ...and while you are at it tell how many goals game BU scores when they both play D vs When they don't....possession numbers?....%number of shots that get blocked....cmon superstat guy show me how much I don't know....sorry I don't need Twitter and the DFP to tell me who's good...anyone remember when Andren was a 2nd line guy destined for greatness...to bad he wasn't an NHL draft pick or he'd still be out there.
                          Start rooting for BC or UMass Lowell then; we won't miss you. You can root for BC and their head coach Mr Magoo next weekend- oh wait they didn't make the field

Comment

Sweet post christos

Comment

I was just thinking give quinn BCs roster and see what the results would have been. Scary thought.

Comment

Together - given how overrated Chuck is, can you put a stake in the ground and tell me when (if ever) you expect him to become an NHL regular? A team may love their draft pick, but if he is a liability on the ice, he ain't playing. So if he is as bad/overrated as you make him out to be, it would seem he has no shot of making the Bruins, at least for a couple years.

Because all the local prognosticators seem to be confident he'll be playing at least some of next season for the big club. I'm not saying I agree, just what they all seem to think.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X