Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smyler3 View Post
    Denver with a very business-like (non) celebration after winning. Didn't teams used to go nuts for making the FF?

Related: my 7 year old watches Notre Dame's slightly more excited winning celebration and says " jeez guys it's not like you won the championship, you're just going to the FF"
    They're the best team..: they know it and they're on a mission.

Comment

• Originally posted by christos1968 View Post
      Dumber than BUtogether? Nice what an achievement!
      But really what if Quinn had had the same record these last five or six years as Norm? All the people on this site would be complaining about that he can't win the big one and can't get to the big game. Nobody on this site can ever say hey the coach has done a fairly good job in combination of recruiting and playing the games. no one on this site can ever say hey the coach has done a fairly good job in combination of recruiting and playing the games. Maybe we would have liked one or two more wins this year but all in all I think it was a fun year. Unlike most of the rest of the nimrods on this site. And I'm the dumb one huh?
      Yep I'm dumb all right...what exactly did we win this year?...I guess you could call that fun ..but I digress...watching Denver tonight made me chuckle...that is what skill looks like creating offense..ability to break out and 3rd and fourth lines that can actually do something more than just dump the puck in and survive..everything that BU was supposed to be...I read post after post complaining about various players but when I do it I'm dumb...stick up for one kid who actually shows some offensive ability and people on here are calling me his dad...accusing him of drinking and disparaging his family...yep I'm the dumb one because I don't fall for the WJC USA hockey NHL draft pick propaganda machine...to bad the coach does but I assure you the NHL doesn't...when 80% of first round picks don't make it how much stock do you really think the NHL puts in the draft.

Comment

Dumber than BUtogether? Nice what an achievement!
        But really what if Quinn had had the same record these last five or six years as Norm? All the people on this site would be complaining about that he can't win the big one and can't get to the big game. Nobody on this site can ever say hey the coach has done a fairly good job in combination of recruiting and playing the games. no one on this site can ever say hey the coach has done a fairly good job in combination of recruiting and playing the games. Maybe we would have liked one or two more wins this year but all in all I think it was a fun year. Unlike most of the rest of the nimrods on this site. And I'm the dumb one huh?
        You clearly are dumb if you don't understand the advantage of being able to recruit at BU vs Lowell

Comment

• Re: BU 2017 Season Thread III: Terriers falling (into the off season)

Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
          Yep I'm dumb all right...what exactly did we win this year?...I guess you could call that fun ..but I digress...watching Denver tonight made me chuckle...that is what skill looks like creating offense..ability to break out and 3rd and fourth lines that can actually do something more than just dump the puck in and survive..everything that BU was supposed to be...I read post after post complaining about various players but when I do it I'm dumb...stick up for one kid who actually shows some offensive ability and people on here are calling me his dad...accusing him of drinking and disparaging his family...yep I'm the dumb one because I don't fall for the WJC USA hockey NHL draft pick propaganda machine...to bad the coach does but I assure you the NHL doesn't...when 80% of first round picks don't make it how much stock do you really think the NHL puts in the draft.
          This is why a good friend of mine (who played Major Junior in Canada) believes that the NHL should go back to drafting 21 year olds. It will never happen, of course.
          Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
            You clearly are dumb if you don't understand the advantage of being able to recruit at BU vs Lowell
            You mean Lowell can't recruit the high end first round draft picks? No ****! So what do you want Quinn to do then? Let's turn down the high end talent to recruit a few 21 year olds who wern't talented enough to play 3 years earlier.? Sounds like a plan to me. Your not a Calipari fan either huh?
            Last edited by christos1968; 03-26-2017, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wysi View Post
              This is why a good friend of mine (who played Major Junior in Canada) believes that the NHL should go back to drafting 21 year olds. It will never happen, of course.
              Would LOVE to see it. Then college would be more like "college" again. But I agree it will never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by wysi View Post
                He is a wise man but no it won't happen but what needs to happen is everyone needs to stop acting like it means you are a definite NHL player or that you are automatically better player than other college players...It's not the NBA or NHL draft where guys are mature and headed straight to the league...I posted something months ago about the NFL Pro Bowl....something like 37 of the 44 pro bowlers were three star or below recruits coming out of high school...what that means is none of them would have been draft picks if the NFL drafted 18 year olds like the NHL..I assure you if the NHL repeated the 2016 draft when the players were 21 it would look quite different
                Last edited by BUtogether; 03-26-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

You mean Lowell can't recruit the high end first round draft picks? No ****! So what do you want Quinn to do then? Let's turn down the high end talent to recruit a few 21 year olds who wern't talented enough to play 3 years earlier.? Sounds like a plan to me. Your not a Calipari fan either huh?
                  You really aren't very bright are you...read the post below..not all of them are high end talent just because they are draft picks and BU probably could have had any player Lowell's roster....again if you do not understand that BU has a tremendous advantage over Lowell or don't think Lowell has some players more talented than the BU draft picks...then you can't fight stupid...and going to play juniors and producing at a high level does not mean you can't play over 18 year olds who are usually drafted on potential not on what they are now....there you go again comparing the NBA draft to the NHL....what you don't like Nick Saban?..hilarious
                  Last edited by BUtogether; 03-26-2017, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Frankly, I applaud the 18 year olds who go the college route... you know who else plays in the NHL? Larger, skilled, adults. Learn to play against them. There are many things that go into this but another factor may be just having too many "kids" in one room. Cultures are sculpted and can sometimes be fragile things. The team aspect matters a whole lot in the end so you're plugging in personalities together as much as anything else. I'm not calling out BU for issues current or past, think of it more as "good" and "better". Players a year or two older may have the maturity and lesson learning aspects down better or they know that its "now or never" so they ought to listen.

I don't have the answer to this for you guys (no kidding, huh?)... it takes a lot to get talent to execute within a system. I don't even know if Norm could handle the personalities that comes with the talent... and that's not to knock on him but rather to say that different types can be worked in different ways.

If it were me I'd listen to the culture to figure out what its saying... but I only say that for you super-diehards that are closer to the program. the only thing I can think is that the goal should be to build strong leaders and that the on ice play will follow.
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      Frankly, I applaud the 18 year olds who go the college route... you know who else plays in the NHL? Larger, skilled, adults. Learn to play against them. There are many things that go into this but another factor may be just having too many "kids" in one room. Cultures are sculpted and can sometimes be fragile things. The team aspect matters a whole lot in the end so you're plugging in personalities together as much as anything else. I'm not calling out BU for issues current or past, think of it more as "good" and "better". Players a year or two older may have the maturity and lesson learning aspects down better or they know that its "now or never" so they ought to listen.

I don't have the answer to this for you guys (no kidding, huh?)... it takes a lot to get talent to execute within a system. I don't even know if Norm could handle the personalities that comes with the talent... and that's not to knock on him but rather to say that different types can be worked in different ways.

If it were me I'd listen to the culture to figure out what its saying... but I only say that for you super-diehards that are closer to the program. the only thing I can think is that the goal should be to build strong leaders and that the on ice play will follow.
                      Well said

Comment

Congrats on the win on Friday. That was some crazy stuff you will all remember for a long time. (and UND fans too for all the wrong reasons).

Call on the offsides was right down the middle 50/50 in my opinion, to the point where neither side had a right to complain had it not gone their way. Conclusive? IDK... kinda sorta. He appeared to be off. But I don't feel comfortable saying 100%. 95% though sure. But I do think they got it right.

Bummer about Keller. Kid reminded me of Ben Eaves.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

So I guess we are rooting for Harvard?

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                            So I guess we are rooting for Harvard?
                            I'm rooting for Jim Montgomery and Denver. I have friends there and they are clearly the best team. I don't think anyone will come close to beating them, even Harvard.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                              I'm rooting for Jim Montgomery and Denver. I have friends there and they are clearly the best team. I don't think anyone will come close to beating them, even Harvard.
                              now why again did umo pass on him when they dumped timmy??
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                now why again did umo pass on him when they dumped timmy??
                                big boo boo by AD i think. that one.. head scratcher.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X