Boston College vs Wisconsin Semi Final 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College vs Wisconsin Semi Final 2017

Was about to say that BC's defense was starting to look sloppy (a few minutes before the goal). Looked like UW was starting to wear them down...spending more and more time in BC's end.

A couple of important saves by Burt, while not difficult, on the 2 on 1 that became a 3 on 2 at around the 10:40 mark of the third.

Not much in the way of nice offensive play making in the game.

Congratulations to BC for taking UW to the limit...competitive game.

Game could have benefitted by having a colour commentator to complement the play by play guy.

Video quality got even worse in the third but then luckily improved.

Hopefully, more bodies will saunter in for the late game.

Decent looking arena.

Ice problem...incompetence or very warm exterior temperatures that weren't compensated for?
    Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-17-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

That was a hell of a game! Congrats to BC on a great season and taking my Badgers to the limit. Now...on to the National Championship!

Comment

Incompetence. And, while the arena may look nice in the video, that incompetence extends to every part of the operation. They need to avoid scheduling major tournaments in 3rd tier minor league arenas.

Comment

Funny how things work out -- Channell turnover led to the winning goal in last year's semi, and she scores the winner tonight.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
            However the better team did win......����
            Not so sure about that. Better because they scored? Yeah. But better throughout the game?

The winning team looked better toward the end and appeared to be continually gaining the advantage in play but don't forget that BC came blasting out of the blocks and had the advantage in play early on when UW looked kind of flat to start the game.

So, I think all told this was a pretty even game just not from start to finish like last weekend's UM vs UMD game.

And how would the conversation have gone if Desbiens' pulling a Raty would have ended up like it did for Raty and UM...and against the same team yet?
            Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-17-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              Not so sure about that. Better because they scored? Yeah. But better throughout the game?

The winning team looked better toward the end and appeared to be continually gaining the advantage in play but don't forget that BC came blasting out of the blocks and had the advantage in play early on when UW looked kind of flat to start the game.

So, I think all told this was a pretty even game just not from start to finish like last weekend's UM vs UMD game.

And how would the conversation have gone if Desbiens' pulling a Raty would have ended up like it did for Raty and UM...and against the same team yet?
              Wisconsin got going later in the first period and took over from there other than the gaff by ARD. This has been the issue playing Wisconsin all year. Liines 1 through 3 have very little dropoff and it causes problems for their opponents who do not have that kind of depth. It seemed like Keller was out on the ice for most of the game and she didn't have much left in the tank in the 3rd period.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                This has been the issue playing Wisconsin all year. Liines 1 through 3 have very little dropoff and it causes problems for their opponents who do not have that kind of depth. It seemed like Keller was out on the ice for most of the game and she didn't have much left in the tank in the 3rd period.
                Yeah, I know. And I think it was Keller who made a blunder in her own end with less than a minute left in the game that could have turned worse but you could feel disaster coming by the edge on their abilities that BC seemed to no longer be able to maintain.

Comment

Yeah, I know. And I think it was Keller who made a blunder in her own end with less than a minute left in the game that could have turned worse but you could feel disaster coming by the edge on their abilities that BC seemed to no longer be able to maintain.
                  Your right, Keller had a giveway that I thought was going to cost them but it really did feel like it was just a matter of time before Wisco scored.

Comment

... I think it was Keller who made a blunder in her own end with less than a minute left in the game ...
                    No. 4 is fond of the turnover.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      No. 4 is fond of the turnover.
                      Somewhat in defense of her, she was gassed in the third period.

Comment

Your right, Keller had a giveway that I thought was going to cost them but it really did feel like it was just a matter of time before Wisco scored.
                        It did cost them. BC never got the puck out of their zone after that.

Comment

Somewhat in defense of her, she was gassed in the third period.
                          If they only occurred in the third, I'd be more inclined to agree.

Comment

UM beat BC in last year's Championship Game by what score? Was it 5-0?

Comment

UM beat BC in last year's Championship Game by what score? Was it 5-0?
                              Only in my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Only in my dreams.
                                Seriously, I can't remember. What was the score?

Comment

Working...
                                X