Minnesota vs Clarkson Semifinal 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota vs Clarkson Semifinal 2017

Tiley doesn't seem overly quick or agile but she's big and covers a lot of real estate. UM just needs to get her moving side to side a bit and opportunities should open up.

Some nice passing by CU and I like their speed.

Nice goal by CU's Bannon picking up her own rebound.

Beautiful passing by UM leading to the finish by Schipper...see point #1 above.

Comment

Clarkson 1 Minny 1 after 1.

As I thought , Clarkson's first line can match up with anyone from Minny. Lines 2 thru 4 not so sure. Minny could wear them down. Tiley was good. Too bad on the goal she got her pad on it but a 5 hole leaker and the puck was in the net. Minny's goalie a bad rebound gave Clarkson their goal. Clarkson had a couple of golden chances early but missed the net and Shelton hit the crossbar on a blast from the point.

Very competitive game so far.
      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I thought the Gophers looked very nervous to start the game, but they seemed to settle down and start making plays toward the middle. From then on I thought they had the edge in play; hope that continues in the 2nd. They'll need to play real good defense because Peters doesn't look very comfortable out there.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I'm not sure Clarkson hit the crossbar. If you mean the play I'm thinking of, the shot tipped in front, went up, and hit the bar at the back of the net, not the front. They had much better chances that they didn't convert.

Comment

According to Dan Hamann the ice sheet in the arena was put in this week.

Comment

Seriously, I know it warm but whoever is running the zamboni doesn't know what they're doing.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Number 9...I just don't get what goes through her head.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  Number 9...I just don't get what goes through her head.
                  She was puck watching on that one.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

OMG, a Gopher didn't shoot wide
                    2-2

Comment

Both teams' second goals were nice shots. The Gophers got kind of lost in allowing Clarkson to take the lead back, #9 in particular.
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The Killer Pees tie it up! Announcer's call.
                        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          My keys to the game tonight from a Clarkson perspective:

IMHO, to win this game Clarkson is gonna have to put up 3 or 4 goals.

LGT LGT LGT
                          Well 2-2 after 2. So not sure 3 is gonna be enough. Minny's #1 line vs Clarkson's #1 line is gonna be the deciding factor I think. Really enjoying this game. LGT
                          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Peters looked a bit shaky earlier in the period not being able to control a pretty simple puck right in front of her.

Beautiful play and then goal by Gabel with Bannon picking up her second point of the game on the assist.

Is this a different play by play guy? Sounds more energized.

More time being spent in CU's end and CU's defence looks to be duplicating BC's deterioration but earlier in this game.

Nice UM feed by Pannek and goal by Potomak after I had just told CU that they can't let Potomak play with the puck like they were doing a few minutes earlier if they don't want to get scored on by her.

(and credit to Potomak for corralling that blast of a feed from Pannek at very close range and to immediately finish).
                            Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-17-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                              Well 2-2 after 2. So not sure 3 is gonna be enough. Minny's #1 line vs Clarkson's #1 line is gonna be the deciding factor I think. Really enjoying this game. LGT
                              Outside of the poor ice, I agree...good game so far.

Comment

Clarkson's top line has logged about three hours of ice time.

Comment

Working...
                                X