2017 Women's World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
    I have a feeling they're going to get a standing ovation when they take the ice Friday night against Canada. They might ride that emotional high to a victory.
    When you're right, you're right.

Comment

• Re: 2017 Women's World Championships

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      When you're right, you're right.
      Shelfit is Shelfit's #1 fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
        Just got tickets to the Gold Medal game. Good seats still available apparently. I will be curious to see how big of a crowd there is. Obviously I am hoping for a US/Canada match. With the girls nationals that weekend not far from the World's I would expect some decent crowds.
        The place was near sellout last night. With a little effort they could sell 10000 in Minnesota. Great crowd great game.

Comment

U.S. beats Russia 7-0. With 30 seconds left it was 5-0, but the final more accurately reflected the balance of play.

Comment

For those who may not be aware you can check out game highlights here plus lots of great stats:

http://www.worldwomen2017.com/en/media/

Schelling with an uncharacteristic blunder in goal for Switzerland and Mrazova runs into a freight train that puts her on rubber leg street as UMD team mate Stalder looks on in the Swiss-Czech game.
            Last edited by Blackbeard; 04-01-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

pull Maschmeyer now. This is so bad.

Comment

At the 16:55 mark of the first period against Russia Pounder from TSN said "Monique Lamouruex also a two-time NCAA champion and part of that UND program...". Umm, not sure about that two-time NCAA champion part.

Comment

Maschmeyer gets pulled. Finally. Good. Now Agosta needs a goal

Comment

Right now, this isn't looking like such a fluke. The Finns are playing really well.

They're taking too many penalties, bur their kill is getting the job done.
                    Last edited by Eeyore; 04-01-2017, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                      I thought it was the best game I've seen the Lamoureux twins play in awhile and no stupid penalties. Surprisingly not much mention of Knight tonight. Canada's play at the end did have a deja vu quality to the last Olympic game, thankfully without the Jenner goal and Poulin's goals to spoil it all.
                      Even the CBC announcers mentioned that HN had a quiet game. Others made up for that in spades for the US team. Their superiour speed was the difference in the game. Meanwhile Canada is struggling against the Fins.

Comment

Tremendous game so far by the Fins.

Pounder spot on when she said that the Fins have never played like this when they have a lead...they always go into a shell and try to protect their lead, usually at their peril. They are putting the blocks to Canada and going for the throat tonight even with the lead. Shorthanded they looked like they had the man advantage and their 2 man forecheck kept Canada hemmed in their own end and I think the Fins had the better scoring chances on one pk!

Great to see. The power of belief and conviction.

Sometimes I think that Agosta thinks she's Eddie Shack.

Rod Black is adding tremendous value to this game.

Pitiful looking crowd for a Saturday night with two top teams like these facing off.
                        Last edited by Blackbeard; 04-01-2017, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I am going to throw a truth bomb.

ever since 2014, team canada women have not transitioned well at all since the retirement of leaders Wickenheiser, Ouellette, etc. Especially ouellette. There is something missing in the culture of the leadership group presently. the "meanness" is gone. When Wickenheiser retired, i'm sure most of the team canada women players rejoiced and secretly loved that she was gone. say what you will, but she played a tremendous role in 2014 (and i don't mean the drawing of the penalty in OT) but her vision and playmaking with agosta was the reason why team canada women got to where they did.

Now, team canada women is missing that meanness and connection and chemistry. instead, selfie sticks and hashtag worthy mantras have replaced that.

sad to see.

Caroline Ouellette belongs on the ice, not behind the bench of this team. methinks she was forced into retirement in exchange for a gig behind the bench.

Comment

Next Up: Finland defeats Canada in curling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeyhub View Post
                              Next Up: Finland defeats Canada in curling.
                              There would be riots.

Comment

Great game which I think was even more entertaining and exciting than last night's game.

Great to see Finland play so well...good for the sport.

Close game that could have gone either way but I think Canada needs to work on their power play puck control in the O zone and their breakouts. PP breakouts should be a no brainer but it was often pretty bad tonight.

Two Finnish goals...one on Maschmeyer that went 7 hole and the one on Lacasse that went 6 hole threaded the micro needle...there was virtually no space for them to squeeze through, but they did.

If Mashmeyer got the hook, and I think it was a good idea for Schuler to pull her, there was an equal argument to pull Raty but I'm guessing that their backups aren't quite at the level that Canada's options are.

Kind of odd but interesting rooting for Potomak.

Comment

Working...
                                X