2017 Women's World Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
    What if someone I know does get the NHL Network at his home. Can we watch on my equipment at my home? I really don't know this answer. How far does big cable brother reach?
    No. Bring beer to your friend's house...

I dropped down a cable level a while ago to save money, so I no longer get the NHL Network. I'm in the same boat.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Re: 2017 Women's World Championships

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      If you don't get it on your cable, you are not going to be able to stream it. NHL Network will require you to sign in with your cable provider credentials.
      Are you sure? I thought when NHL proper streamed it, you didn't have to log in? I think NHL Network has its own streaming site.

I could definitely wrong though. It's been a while since I had to do it.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Are you sure? I thought when NHL proper streamed it, you didn't have to log in? I think NHL Network has its own streaming site.

I could definitely wrong though. It's been a while since I had to do it.
        Their iPad app makes you sign in.

I'll have to check it on my PC tonight. I hope I'm wrong.
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

From USA Hockey site:
          http://www.usahockey.com/news_articl...rrer_id=752796

Team USA Schedule 2017 IIHF Women's World Championship
          DATE OPPONENT Round TIME (ET) NHL Network/NHL.com

Fri., March 31 Canada Preliminary 7:30 p.m. Live on NHLN Live stream at NHL.com

Sat., April 1 Russia Preliminary 3:30 p.m. Live on NHLN Live stream at NHL.com

Mon., April 3 Finland Preliminary 7:30 p.m. Delay on NHLN - Apr. 4 at 10:00 am ET Live stream at NHL.com

Thurs., April 6 TBD Semifinal 3:30 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. Delay on NHLN - Apr. 7 at 10:00 am ET Live stream at NHL.com

Fri., April 7 Medal Rounds TBD Live on NHLN Live stream at NHL.com
          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Where can I find rosters?
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Rosters are available here

Comment

USA here (Rigsby, Decker, Duggan, Knight, but no Pankowski):
                http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/sh...-national-team

Canada here (Turnbull, Clarke, and Mikkelson, but no Desbiens and no Nurse)
                https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Te...ers?teamid=179

(On the UW web site, Clarke said something about working out this week with Nurse that led me to think Nurse was going to be playing as well, but I guess not.)

Comment

“What we just went through is just going to elevate our game that much more.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/30/s...ef=todayspaper

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    USA here (Rigsby, Decker, Duggan, Knight, but no Pankowski):
                    http://teamusa.usahockey.com/page/sh...-national-team

Canada here (Turnbull, Clarke, and Mikkelson, but no Desbiens and no Nurse)
                    https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Te...ers?teamid=179
                    I've always thought that one thing the people who take care of the USA site could do would be to add a "Printer Friendly" shortcut. Minor gripe, but if they want to stay even with Canada...
                    I'm sure the more computer literate knows a better way, but I've been copying the roster into Word, expanding the margins a bit and then printing using Landscape orientation.
                    With Canada's I just clicked on the "Printer Friendly" button.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      I've always thought that one thing the people who take care of the USA site could do would be to add a "Printer Friendly" shortcut. Minor gripe, but if they want to stay even with Canada...
                      I'm sure the more computer literate knows a better way, but I've been copying the roster into Word, expanding the margins a bit and then printing using Landscape orientation.
                      With Canada's I just clicked on the "Printer Friendly" button.
                      The USA Hockey website overall is just horrible. Just horrible.

And you're right. You can't print a d*mn thing.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                        Rosters are available here
                        Interesting to see Pannek and Stecklein have transferred to UMD.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Interesting to see Pannek and Stecklein have transferred to UMD.
                          What! Does this mean Lee has another year of eligibility and she'll be playing at least twice at Ridder next year? Oh wait, I have mixed feelings about that.
                          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                            Again, like it or not, the United States decided several decades ago that the athletes on its national teams would be professionals rather than amateurs. As such, it provides financial support necessary to make this so. The alternative to the deal that was struck, aside from being illegal in several aspects, was a truly amateur team that is not competitive with Canada. Those were the alternatives.
                            Thats not accurate. We decided the Olympians COULD be professionals, ie NBa and NhL people can play, track athletes could compete for money. Theres a difference between COULD and WOULD in this case. Plenty Olympians are amateurs. Bobsled? Archery? They getting six figures frim their organizarional bodies? Softball before it got cut?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                              Thats not accurate. We decided the Olympians COULD be professionals, ie NBa and NhL people can play, track athletes could compete for money. Theres a difference between COULD and WOULD in this case. Plenty Olympians are amateurs. Bobsled? Archery? They getting six figures frim their organizarional bodies? Softball before it got cut?
                              Ryan Lochte receives around 25-30k a year....Michael Phelps about the same but is worth 55.5 million due endorsements. The US Gymnastics team less.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                Their iPad app makes you sign in.

I'll have to check it on my PC tonight. I hope I'm wrong.
                                Update -- I wasn't asked to log in to anything on the NHL.com browser stream. So hopefully you're all set.
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X