Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Women's World Championships

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    Second game in a row that the woman doing commentary on NHL.com has said Raty played at Duluth.
    So Raty, Stecklien and Pannek have all renounced their ties to UM. Gotta love it, like who wouldn't?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
      We don't need another iteration of the World Cup.....I like the idea of nationalistic pride being at steak, and people from that nation having something to root for that they can relate to. I meant who felt really really compelled to root for team North America in the recent World Cup ?
      Yeah, but they sure were fun to watch.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        So Raty, Stecklien and Pannek have all renounced their ties to UM. Gotta love it, like who wouldn't?
        Jeez, your thinnered up again, aren't you? And BTW, that flimsy excuse you put up about a hardware store being closed...You wouldn't ever let a little thing like that keep you from the stuff.
        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 04-04-2017, 11:14 AM. Reason: sentence error
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Who wouldn't renounce their ties? Just about everyone. Well, except for maybe the Lams and Kristy Oonincx, but that's another story.

As for the other three wonderful players, I just want to say thank you for helping the Gophers to four NCAA championships!
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

The NHL channel is broadcasting the US-Finland game now. Interesting pronunciation of Mira Jalosuo. Incorrect stress on the "sill la bills"?
            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-04-2017, 09:22 AM. Reason: Oops, Miss Langer, again

Comment

• Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
              Who wouldn't renounce their ties? Just about everyone. Well, except for maybe the Lams and Kristy Oonincx, but that's another story.

As for the other three wonderful players, I just want to say thank you for helping the Gophers to four NCAA championships!
              Don't be so hard on Tim. His only hope for a national championship is if MN and Clarkson follow the Folding Hawks. I actually feel bad for him.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                Don't be so hard on Tim. His only hope for a national championship is if MN and Clarkson follow the Folding Hawks. I actually feel bad for him.
                You're right, me bad. He did get some kind of relief with Rigsby winning the goalie rematch of the 2012 final game against Raty. Of course, Rigsby needed the help of two former Gophers scoring goals to do it. I was reminded of that game as Decker was trying unsuccessfully to get the puck past Noora close to the net. Me bad again, sorry.

One observation on the broadcast of the game. I think the announcers like Michelle Karvinen.
                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-04-2017, 11:43 AM. Reason: Brandt & JLam

Comment

• At the relegation game between the Chechs and Swiss (who doesn't love endless cowbell solos?)

The odd officiating continues. While they called nothing in US - Canada every other game seems to feature a constant path to the penalty box. Often for pretty marginal stuff. I wish we had them When we played UND but it is annoying here as I am not seeing a lot of bad behaviour needing correction.

Finland got worked over pretty good last night by the refs. in this game it is the CR that seems to have the stripers attention.

*Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!* GIANT COWBELL!
                  Last edited by ne7minder; 04-04-2017, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                    Minnesota and Wisconsin make kind of an "Odd Couple" don't they, in their connection to "The Green Slime?" Err, I mean Golden Knights.
                    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-04-2017, 12:08 PM. Reason: Worst movie ever?

Comment

Originally posted by BigFan View Post
                      Common denominator is Mel Davidson........not saying she has done a good job in the past..........like all Leaders it is time for a change......game has changed.....same type of players from the past don't work now. USA development programs in both mens and women's programs is better than what Canada has at this time.

Program? Canada should start with an actual democratic tryout process prior to and including Provincial teams, U18, NDT, and the Senior National Team. The current system across the board is downright sad - oligarchic closed door system in a democracy. Its downright rude. The problem is deeply rooted and shows up early in the National team development cycle. We have deep rooted, systematic, problems that start very early in the recruitment process (17) and continue through to the National Team.

Straightforward, our present National team selection system only really works when all the other teams are weak. Don't get me wrong. I think all chosen few on our team are tremendous players and can compete with the best. However, there is but 1 National Team. Every women capable should have 'ACCESS' to show their skills vs. other top players in a tryout setting. Imagine how good we would be if Canada had a truly competitive tryout process from u17 on. Top level kids allowed to attend a tryout - not a novel idea. I watched the CWHL final. Tremendous hockey. Team depth wasn't that outstanding. Lots of familiar (National Team) names playing - some only ho hum. I also watched several OUA CIS playoff games. Equally good with probably more team depth in some cases - several dominant players out there. Wow, it was good hockey (although poorly reffed in most of the time). My guess is the same can be said for other CIS and NCAA 1 games and teams. Fantastic hockey. Great players. Good Depth. It is truly unfortunate that these 'dominant' can't miss em players, that people generally don't know unless you watch their team play, can't have a straightforward means to tryout for a spot on one of our National teams. The problem revolves around the words 'invited' to attend and straightforward and easy 'access' to attend. Open the doors up and see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                        Jeez, your thinnered up again, aren't you? And BTW, that flimsy excuse you put up about a hardware store being closed...You wouldn't ever let a little thing like that keep you from the stuff.
                        Missouri state law prohibits the sale of paint thinner on Sundays. Once we hit Springfield everything was closed.

So what am I doing wrong on the webfeed? It lets me watch it for a few minutes, then it locks up.

Rigsby is being undermined by her own ex-rodent coach, that's a sad deal there.

Comment

Rigsby is being undermined by her own ex-rodent coach, that's a sad deal there.
                          Undermined? Each of the three goalies got an opportunity to play a whole game. I guess that means each is being undermined equally?
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Undermined? Each of the three goalies got an opportunity to play a whole game. I guess that means each is being undermined equally?
                            I heard a rumor that before the game with Russia Duluth native Robb Stauber told Maddie Rooney that he was putting this one on her back. She replied, "That's okay coach, I can handle anything on or off my back."
                            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-04-2017, 02:34 PM. Reason: 2 bees

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              He's obviously playing mind games with Rigsby not giving her the Canada match-up which I'm sure shocked just about everyone and he obviously hates Wisconsin. Next game you'll see Knight Duggan Decker on the 4th line. Go to Vegas and book that one.

Comment

Originally posted by valleyboy View Post
                                Program? Canada should start with an actual democratic tryout process prior to and including Provincial teams, U18, NDT, and the Senior National Team. The current system across the board is downright sad - oligarchic closed door system in a democracy. Its downright rude. The problem is deeply rooted and shows up early in the National team development cycle. We have deep rooted, systematic, problems that start very early in the recruitment process (17) and continue through to the National Team.

Straightforward, our present National team selection system only really works when all the other teams are weak. Don't get me wrong. I think all chosen few on our team are tremendous players and can compete with the best. However, there is but 1 National Team. Every women capable should have 'ACCESS' to show their skills vs. other top players in a tryout setting. Imagine how good we would be if Canada had a truly competitive tryout process from u17 on. Top level kids allowed to attend a tryout - not a novel idea. I watched the CWHL final. Tremendous hockey. Team depth wasn't that outstanding. Lots of familiar (National Team) names playing - some only ho hum. I also watched several OUA CIS playoff games. Equally good with probably more team depth in some cases - several dominant players out there. Wow, it was good hockey (although poorly reffed in most of the time). My guess is the same can be said for other CIS and NCAA 1 games and teams. Fantastic hockey. Great players. Good Depth. It is truly unfortunate that these 'dominant' can't miss em players, that people generally don't know unless you watch their team play, can't have a straightforward means to tryout for a spot on one of our National teams. The problem revolves around the words 'invited' to attend and straightforward and easy 'access' to attend. Open the doors up and see what happens
                                Why change the scouting at the U14 level done by TC? Nothing changes as girls progress through Bantam, Midget, Jr and NCAA, right?

In all honesty, one of Canada's biggest problems is provincial representation. Want to make the National Team? be from BC or Saskatchewan. Ontario has 75% of the country's players yet only about a third make National teams. Heck, 2 years ago 17 Minnesota players made the US U18 team and swept their way to gold. Best players make the team, not where they are from.

I do like the tryout idea above. Too many players play under TC's radar. And once in the program, TC hangs onto them even through all their failures as it seems they dont want to admit their mistake of taking the wrong players. If they lose, clean house. No more free rides.

Comment

Working...
                                X