Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Women's World Championships

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    USA plays Germany in tomorrow's second semifinal.
    I think those games are Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
      I think those games are Thursday.
      I think you are correct! USA and Canada should be well rested.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I think you are correct! USA and Canada should be well rested.
        There is no way they would have the quarterfinal winners play three days in a row, which would have been the case if the semi were tomorrow. I think there is an IIHF rule against teams having to play three days in a row major International championship tournaments. There is a similar rule in the NHL.

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
          Do you also serve cheese with that whine?
          Sure, I have some fine extra sharp cheddar and some sharp cheddar in the fridge right now along with Swiss, provolone, mozzarella and string cheese. I can never figure out what whine to drink with what cheese, but thinner has a nice neutral flavor that lets the cheese have it's say in your mouth.

Seriously people, I'm just kidding about Stauber and Rigsby. I think Stauber is a bad choice for the head coach spot due to his lack of head coaching experience. Any one of us could coach this team to the gold medal game with all the talent and great leadership on the team. Hensley played great against Canada, I don't see how she doesn't play in the gold medal game. I am bummed that Rigsby seems to have at this point lost the top dog billing in goal. I am still hopeful of an ARD/Rigsby Olympic battle.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I have an observation. I was looking for the US/Finland score on USA hockey and noticed they also named the new U18 men's team. The U18 men's team is based in MI. They have a bunch of MI players. The U18 women's program is coached by the MN Associate Coach. They have a bunch of MN players. I'm an older guy now and get the "realities", but I worry there may be a correlation.

Comment

So Germany finally conquered Russia.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by jumbodaddy77 View Post
                I have an observation. I was looking for the US/Finland score on USA hockey and noticed they also named the new U18 men's team. The U18 men's team is based in MI. They have a bunch of MI players.
                I count just four players, which for a big hockey state like Michigan isn't exactly "a bunch"...but they do have six D1 men's teams, which is "a bunch"! Also bear in mind that these under-18 kids must live and attend high school there for most of the year, something many players not from Michigan choose not to do.

Originally posted by jumbodaddy77 View Post
                The U18 women's program is coached by the MN Associate Coach. They have a bunch of MN players. I'm an older guy now and get the "realities", but I worry there may be a correlation.
                At the U18 girls level Minnesota has historically produced "more than their fair share" of the teams' rosters, but this has been the case for quite a few years now, predating the Gopher's Associate Coach being named as the program's head coach. And they do have a true national tryout process with several stages, so top players from all states get an opportunity to show their talents. And, unlike the NDTP boy's program, the girls U18 is not year-around as the players continue to play with their local high school/club teams, outside of the few select tournaments that the U18's participate in.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I realize they are the host nation, but it is unfair that USA, finishing atop its group, has to play the later semifinal at 7:30ET while Canada gets to play the earlier semi. No doubt Canada (or Finland) would rather play the earlier semi to rest up for the gold medal game the next day.

just my $0.02.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by AAA Dad View Post
                      While we wait for puck drop can anyone tell me what my beer/cocktail choices are in USA Arena? I'm going Thursday and Friday...
                      lab arts Blue and Blue Light. Probably the west side kiosk wifi be open which also serves up hard liquor of choice.. Tall beers are $7 while shorts are $5.

Comment

but they do have six D1 men's teams, which is "a bunch"!
                        Not to pick on semantics... Michigan has 7 D1 programs (Michigan, Michigan State, Western Michigan, Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Northern Michigan, Michigan Tech). Oh yeah, ZERO women's teams. I digress...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          France never will.

Being from WI naturally I am of German heritage, I have this strange urge for Germany to beat the US. I do fly a German flag on the old flagpole once and awhile, cheer for German F1 drivers and my Eishockey Bundesliga jersey is one of my prized possessions. Deutschland über alles!
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            USA plays Germany in tomorrow's second semifinal.
                            Germany goes from being promoted to the top championship to the semifinal round in less than a year. Wow!
                            Russell Jaslow
                            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
                              I realize they are the host nation, but it is unfair that USA, finishing atop its group, has to play the later semifinal at 7:30ET while Canada gets to play the earlier semi. No doubt Canada (or Finland) would rather play the earlier semi to rest up for the gold medal game the next day.

just my $0.02.
                              If game is on live I'm guessing NHL Network wanted USA at primetime!? Also easier for the locals to come in and support the home team after work and school to help get a better crowd!

Comment

• Originally posted by AAA Dad View Post
                                If game is on live I'm guessing NHL Network wanted USA at primetime!? Also easier for the locals to come in and support the home team after work and school to help get a better crowd!
                                I'm sure this is it. If you look at the WJC Buffalo schedule for next year, the USA is locked into the primetime slot for the quarterfinal round no matter where they are seeded.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X