• Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Women's World Championships

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    And after video review, it should be 2-2
    Right you are.

Comment

After a good second period by the Canucks, the US is the better team so far in the third. Game is still tied with 6 to go.

Comment

Ooooovvvvvveerrrrrtiiiiimmmmeee!
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Two phenomenal teams and a phenomenal game that breaks the speed limit. It doesn't get any better than this.

I'd like to see Spooner on a breakaway.

Comment

The Americans really ought to have converted a couple more of their chances in the third.

Comment

@hockeyinthecac: What level of men's hockey team do you think the Women's US National Team could beat?

18U?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                @hockeyinthecac: What level of men's hockey team do you think the Women's US National Team could beat?

18U?
                Who cares? They don't play

Comment

It was a penalty, but....
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Knight
                    3-2 USA
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

That made for a very entertaining Friday night...

Speed kills.
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

face it...team canada women had no business even getting to OT. they had either no strategy after the second period or very bad strategy. They should have been done after the third period. they got very lucky that usa did not stick a fork in them in the third. In OT, the game should have been over 5 minutes in. at least kelly pannek did not score there on the PP.

Laura Schuler looked like she was going to puke during the game. She must go. Again, no strategy or simply bad strategy after the second.

the shots were 40-30 USA. 40 shots. team usa got 40 shots on Canada. this is the same number of shots they got against finland, however finland had a million more penalty minutes to kill off. wow. canada regressing to become the new finland?

the team canada women (besides the rookies) don't even look as devastated or distraught anymore compared to the last 2 world championship losses. Losing is the new normal.

Comment

Phenomenal game as usual.

Congratulations to Team USA.

Rougeau was looking like a serious liability to her team in OT when the US was applying the pressure...she was standing around just watching...not challenging for the puck when she had the opportunity...just skating almost aimlessly from one face off circle to the other...watching!!!...while she let her team struggle to fend off the pressure!! The US had a man advantage minus a pylon...just terrible...couldn't believe it.

But the ending is probably good for the sport given what happened in the weeks leading up to this tournament.

Great PR.

Tremendous hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaffron View Post
                            no strategy or simply bad strategy after the second.
                            Don't know about that but what was obvious was that Canada had all the momentum at the end of the second period but the US came out of the gate in the third and immediately turned that right around.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                              Phenomenal game as usual....Great PR....Tremendous hockey.
                              All so true. Canada had some great chances in the second period, when they outplayed the U.S. But I thought the Americans had the advantage (and more/better scoring opportunities) in the 3rd, and even more so in the overtime. With the limited practice time they had leading up to the tournament, I was surprised that they seemed to have more stamina than the Canadians in the later stages of the game. They must have trained very hard on their own in the weeks before the games got underway.
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

an all-european IIHF all star team minus decker (obviously).

hiirikoski is great, better than the likes of larocque or mikkelson for sure, but if hiirikoski were canadian or american, methinks she would not be awarded top defenceman every single tournament. she did not play good in the semis vs. canada this tournament. IMO, her performance there surprised me. the politically correct IIHF/media won't allow this to happen though. There must be at least some Europeans winning something to send a political statement. all in the name of misleading fake "parity". just like not letting group A and group B play each other, because they don't want sensitive folks all up in arms about blowouts. Quelle Horreur!

If the european player is great, but a north american is better, the north american must be 10000X better than the great european to get an award in women's hockey.

also, I'm sorry but mikkelson may have the worst shot in women's hockey.
                                Last edited by Chaffron; 04-07-2017, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X