Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Women's World Championships

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
    Germany had fewer shots (8) than the U.S. had goals (11).
    Had to miss the game tonight, looks like I didn't miss much. I did think Finland would give Canada a better game.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
      It was awfully painful to watch. Not sure it helps in any way to prepare for Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
        . . . to prepare for Canada.
        Been there. Done that.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Had to miss the game tonight, looks like I didn't miss much. I did think Finland would give Canada a better game.
          We were disappointed after the tough fight they put up in the earlier game, I am sure they are heartbroken while the Canadians are very relieved.

Germany came a long way after just being promoted this year and should be able to take some pride in making it to the bronze medal game. The US beat Russia by 7 , the real problem is that we have Canada and USA with Finland making the occasional run then a drop off in talented teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            We were disappointed after the tough fight they put up in the earlier game, I am sure they are heartbroken while the Canadians are very relieved.

Germany came a long way after just being promoted this year and should be able to take some pride in making it to the bronze medal game. The US beat Russia by 7 , the real problem is that we have Canada and USA with Finland making the occasional run then a drop off in talented teams.
            Nothing new for years in your last sentence. Don't ever see that changing, ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
              We could have pulled the goalie for 60:00 and still won.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                It was awfully painful to watch. Not sure it helps in any way to prepare for Canada.
                More of a rest than Canada had.
                "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  We could have pulled the goalie for 60:00 and still won.
                  "We"?? Are you on the team?!

They could have played the whole game shorthanded and still won probably 5-0. It was awful hockey to watch so I just kept it on in the background while watching regular TV. Every time I turned around they had scored another goal. I felt sorry for Germany. They looked like a U14 team out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                    Even though my beloved Germans took it on the chin from my beloved Americans AGAIN, I do just love a good butt whipping like that, kinda like UW against Lindenwood years ago. Getting to do 11 sieve chants in one game is a big treat. I hope the US pours it on the Canadians like that.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I wrote a (somewhat BC-focused) preview for tonight's game: http://www.bcinterruption.com/2017/4...ime-tv-channel
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        "We"?? Are you on the team?!

They could have played the whole game shorthanded and still won probably 5-0. It was awful hockey to watch so I just kept it on in the background while watching regular TV. Every time I turned around they had scored another goal. I felt sorry for Germany. They looked like a U14 team out there.
                        Sorry Kimosabe. We as in the United States of which, last I looked, I am a citizen thereof.

However, I understand and "they" would have been a more appropriate term.

But then what do I call the Canadians tonight??
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Sorry Kimosabe. We as in the United States of which, last I looked, I am a citizen thereof.

The Devil?
                          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

"The bad guys", "The opposition", "The Canucks" are a few things that come to mind...that are polite enough to type here.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Even though my beloved Germans took it on the chin from my beloved Americans AGAIN, I do just love a good butt whipping like that, kinda like UW against Lindenwood years ago. Getting to do 11 sieve chants in one game is a big treat. I hope the US pours it on the Canadians like that.
                              do you also enjoy making fun of the handicapped? I don't think 11-0 is fun for anyone, not challenge for the winner, no chance for the loser and boring for the viewer. I'd rather watch a well contested game between equals. A sieve chant against ARD or Peters is a sign of respect, against someone being shelled it is an insult.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

any normal person knew what you meant by "we", don't sweat it. I assume he was joking.

Comment

Working...
                                X