Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dean Blais steps down at Omaha

lubba wubba dub dub

Re: Dean Blais steps down at Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
    UNO hired Mike Gabinet in the most expected and budget-friendly move ever. I can see the recruiting trip now.

Coach: Hello, I'm Mike Gabinet and I'd like you to play hockey in Omaha.
    Recruit: Who are you and where do you want me to play?

Rookie head coach in the NCHC? Say hello to the cellar rats because Gabinet's going to get schooled quick and often
    Jim Montgomery had only been a head coach in the USHL before getting the job at DU. Is that really much different?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Jim Montgomery had only been a head coach in the USHL before getting the job at DU. Is that really much different?
    Montgomery probably has grant standbrook on speed dial any time he wants advice

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    Montgomery probably has grant standbrook on speed dial any time he wants advice
    Sure, but any coach taking on a D-1 head coach position has people he can use for advice when needed. New coaches are always looking for mentors, unless the mentor is the competition, then he's peppering the now-guy-he-knows for inside information.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Gabinet spent one year as a head coach in Canada and 5 months as an assistant in D1 Hockey. The year Gabinet coached NAIT, they went undefeated, but they were outstanding the year before under the previous coach. Unproven talent can surprise at times, but I would have rather had a Cary Eades or anyone who had been a head coach in this country.
    UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Michigan Tech Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
    Gabinet spent one year as a head coach in Canada... The year Gabinet coached NAIT, they went undefeated...
    Yes, but with the exchange rate, undefeated in Canada is like 6-14-4 in the NCHC.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Yes, but with the exchange rate, undefeated in Canada is like 6-14-4 in the NCHC.
    Ryan J
    Lol. Great point.

Ryan J
    Wow, this was actually funny!
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Ryan J
    Hey, everyone has to start somewhere. 250K for an On the Job Trainee coach seems like a solid financial decision for a school in dire financial straits
    UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Thread Information