Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Coaching Carousel

Re: Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by PuckRush View Post
    Is there somewhere on the web you are going to see all the openings?
    American Hockey Coaches Association website, where there is a job board...

http://www.ahcahockey.com/jobs/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    American Hockey Coaches Association website, where there is a job board...

http://www.ahcahockey.com/jobs/index.php
    Thanks for the response. Was wondering how you guys knew all of this. This explains all!

Did not want to start a separate thread on this one.

http://q30television.com/2017/04/10/...nce-2009-2010/

And starting on Pg55 of doc below gives a lot of detail from the players

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/Docum...entNo=12083129
    Last edited by vicb; 04-11-2017 at 10:13 AM.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    Did not want to start a separate thread on this one.

http://q30television.com/2017/04/10/...nce-2009-2010/

And starting on Pg55 of doc below gives a lot of detail from the players

http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/Docum...entNo=12083129

Interesting. He's coaching Team China now.

St. Mary's University in Winona, MN is looking for a new head coach. Terry Mannor steps down after a long career as a student, then a coach there.

Red Berenson resigned from coaching at Michigan yesterday. I wonder if that creates some optimism that women's hockey might now have a chance of getting started at some D1 schools in that state in the near future. Many believe he was dead against women's hockey at Michigan but now he's no longer in a position to stand in the way.

Really??!!

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Red Berenson resigned from coaching at Michigan yesterday. I wonder if that creates some optimism that women's hockey might now have a chance of getting started at some D1 schools in that state in the near future. Many believe he was dead against women's hockey at Michigan but now he's no longer in a position to stand in the way.
    I doubt it, they are pouring money into FB and BB and now will be to upgrade Hockey. MSU is in a world of hurt with several things and Munn needs a big upgrade. i don't see another school with possible funding to do it. Further thoughts?

I don't doubt that Berenson was against women's hockey at Michigan, but his role in preventing a women's team from forming is overstated. Michigan looked seriously at adding a team in 2011, but decided that they could add both men's and women's lacrosse for less money than adding just women's hockey. I wouldn't expect that there will be another serious look at it any time soon.

Josh Brandwene has resigned from coaching, and a national search is underway for a new head coach. I have no idea why they don't let Dean Jackson take over the program.

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-...041917aaa.html

Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Josh Brandwene has resigned from coaching, and a national search is underway for a new head coach. I have no idea why they don't let Dean Jackson take over the program.

The way hiring requirements are, especially at public universities, it could be they are required to do a national search before formally naming him the head coach.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    The way hiring requirements are, especially at public universities, it could be they are required to do a national search before formally naming him the head coach.
    I hope that's the case. I'd like to see at least one full season out of Dean Jackson as head coach, instead of him having to just play cleanup with Brandwene's system like he did for the end of 2016-17. In any case, I hope Penn State learned something from having used the good ol' boy network to find a coach the first time, and does it right this time.

Yes I'm almost 100% sure you are right about that. This is really a formality of paperwork to satisfy all necessary parties in order to officially hire Dean as the new head coach. Very interesting path for him to have been put on there but I'm sure he isn't complaining.

Yes I'm almost 100% sure you are right about that. This is really a formality of paperwork to satisfy all necessary parties in order to officially hire Dean as the new head coach. Very interesting path for him to have been put on there but I'm sure he isn't complaining.
    Look at Jackson's replacement at Elmira and Tyng at Colby. Both rode the whole season on interim tags before being confirmed recently as permanent. Colby even went as far as posting the job to the AHCA job board a few weeks ago before announcing Tyng would remain as the permanent HC.

As for Jackson, I imagine he's having the time of his life, especially getting to play with a D1 budget and facilities...
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Look at Jackson's replacement at Elmira and Tyng at Colby. Both rode the whole season on interim tags before being confirmed recently as permanent. Colby even went as far as posting the job to the AHCA job board a few weeks ago before announcing Tyng would remain as the permanent HC.

As for Jackson, I imagine he's having the time of his life, especially getting to play with a D1 budget and facilities...
    ....um, and salary too! No question that he's a lucky guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post

Because there is a highly qualified staff available with plenty of D1 experience and success...UND
    Last edited by bc6696; 04-20-2017 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bc6696 View Post
    Because there is a highly qualified staff available with plenty of D1 experience and success...UND
    OMG, I'd take Dean Jackson over any of the coaches on that staff any day!

I don't know anything about ND's Brian Idalski and his coaching style, but I think Penn State is happy to have Dean Jackson's style behind the bench, and from the chatter at the games the players have really responded to Jackson, too. Penn State is probably just happy to officially have Brandwene's off-ice issues fade away with him now. I guess Penn State will run the required "search for a coach" process and then sign Jackson to a contract at the end of it all.

A pretty good news week for Penn State women's hockey - hosting the 2022 Frozen Four at Pegula Ice Arena, and a fresh start with a new head coach next season.

But why wouldnt a school with top 5 resources in all of college athletics not do a real search. top 5 pay, top 5 budget, easy auto bis every year assuming the CHA keeps 6 teams. The place ooooozes potential. Why settle for a d3 coach when you could easily steal a proven d1 coach? if he ends up the best option, hire him but in the meantime try to steal a great coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Case13 View Post
    But why wouldnt a school with top 5 resources in all of college athletics not do a real search. top 5 pay, top 5 budget, easy auto bis every year assuming the CHA keeps 6 teams. The place ooooozes potential. Why settle for a d3 coach when you could easily steal a proven d1 coach? if he ends up the best option, hire him but in the meantime try to steal a great coach.
    Jackson has a national championship to his credit and he's very likeable. Idalski is not as likeable of a person or coach and he's never really won anything. Winning is winning no matter if it's at the D1 or D3 level. Jackson wins this head to head contest hands down.

Jackson has a national championship to his credit and he's very likeable. Idalski is not as likeable of a person or coach and he's never really won anything. Winning is winning no matter if it's at the D1 or D3 level. Jackson wins this head to head contest hands down.
    Wasn't comparing those two head to head at all.... I was thinking more why can't a school like Penn State go out and get a current D1 HC/Assoc/Asst that wins? There's a lot of names that come to mind and women's hockey isnt exactly a springboard to the nhl so if these coaches want whats best for their families, why not take the pay day? Big ten schools are going to have money they need to spend on female sports with the new tv deal. Title nine works great in that way!

Thread Information